5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing
Published on January 17, 2011 by Melissa

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
So far, the plays have been okay, but not the quality of story line that I was lead to believe it contained. Cute, but not super funny for my 7 year old.
Published 16 months ago by Jacqueline Waterfall

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, January 17, 2011
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
My students absolutely LOVED these fractured folk tales. Justin McCory Martin did a super job of choosing some commonly known tales, and some not so common ones. My students enjoyed not only "performing" their readers' theater, but hearing the original folk tale that each of the fractured ones were based on. Because of the nature of readers' theater, all students got enough practice with their selections to be fluent and understanding readers and had lots of fun in the process.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for kids plays, July 17, 2011
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
I am going to use this on short weeks at school we are going to preform for our buddy classroom. But note the grade level on this is 2-4th grade. It may be a little to easy for higher grades.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Kids, July 7, 2011
K. Cranick (on a beach in, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
Ordered these books for my third graders and they absolutely love them! We do theater week each six weeks and they love being able to create their own costumes and learn their lines, and these plays are funny and short enough for the kids to learn quickly in groups and perform. Great way to enhance their fluency and social skills!

5.0 out of 5 stars Theater Arts teachers, March 28, 2014
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
Great activity for any age theatre student. Usage depends on assignment and ability. My middle grades and high schoolers loved this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun.....and a great tool for building fluency!, March 23, 2014
J. Sweeney (manchester, mo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
I work as an aide in an elementary school and have used this book to supplement a reader's theater program. If you want to help improve fluency, build team work, and allow a child's personality to come out in front of their peers, this is something you might want to add to your professional library. Every elementary teacher I talk to wishes they could find a way to add reader's theater to the literacy program, so it's nice to have a book like this.

I have also used the fractured folktales in this book to revisit the original tales. Read aloud practice AND a chance to look at some classic AND fractured folktales? Sign me up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, August 8, 2012
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
This book was a wonderful addition to my classroom. It provided my students with a host of plays to be performed in class. We were studying American folktales for social studies and branched out creating our own stories to tie into Florida History. The charming plays in this book helped students get a feel for reading and writing plays and also for performing. The students broke into cooperative learning groups and practiced and presented their plays to other students and to their parents. This was a big success!!!! It made teaching history and literature loads of fun for the students and was a hands on way of learning that they will remember forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved them., July 6, 2014
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
Bought this and 2 others or summer school. Kids loved them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short plays for children, November 5, 2013
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
I teach acting and this book is a perfect resource for my class. Love the stories and the kids love acting them. You don't need many props and they are great for kids who can read and up to age 12. Fun for the family too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Fun Silly Stories!, September 17, 2013
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
Really fun, silly stories. My 8 and 6 year old boys love all the fun twists of the classic tales. Great for bed time stories!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, June 13, 2013
Renaissance Man (Woodsboro, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays (Paperback)
These were great for my second grade class. Had a room parent use them to prepare the class for putting on plays.

12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays
12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays by Justin McCory Martin (Paperback - December 1, 2004)
$11.99 $8.30