Published 3 months ago by Steven Fogarty

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke Immediately
Junk! I got a single use out of this, then the PC connector separated from the wire when removing it from my flash. Too bad, as I liked the threaded connection.
Published 15 months ago by Ari M. Weinstein

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke Immediately, October 11, 2013
This review is from: 3.5 mm to Male Flash PC Sync Cable 12-Inch Coiled Cord Suitable for Nikon, Canon, Pocketwizard Miniphone PC1 (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd been buying these for the last 10 years. These solve the worst part of the boring old PC sync port., October 18, 2014
I feel very stupid for not looking into locking PC sync cords until now. Everyone who's ever used a PC sync cord on your camera or flash knows that they are awful, because they always fall out, wiggle loose, causing your flash to not pop, ending up in lost shots. Boo. I should have known (but nobody ever told me) that my Canon 5D bodies all accept screw-type locking PC sync cords. No more falling out! I wish I'd been buying these for the last 10 years.

If you combine off-camera lighting with on-camera flash, then this is a no brainer.

When I combine my on-camera Speedlite with off-camera strobes (Profoto B1, Einsteins, White Lightnings, Elinchrome, Alien Bee, whatever), then you probably use a PocketWizard-like trigger connected to your camera via the boring old PC port to trigger the off-camera strobe. This cord solves the worst part of the PC port, namely that it falls out.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was hoping it would uncoil/stretch more easily. 24" is about the farthest I feel comfortable ..., July 2, 2014
I'm using it to connect a Canon 5DIII to an Alien Bees strobe. I was hoping it would uncoil/stretch more easily. 24" is about the farthest I feel comfortable stretching it.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Good, May 3, 2014
Serenityone (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
Ordered this item just over a year ago, and used it approximately a half dozen times - for the record it DID work well those times.

Pulled it out of my bag to use today, discovered there is no longer a working connection between my camera and my radio popper trigger. Bummer! Thought it was good when it worked, was nice that the PC port didn't pull out because of the threaded screw, but if I only get 6 uses out of it not worth the cost.

Buy a different one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, April 27, 2014
I recently bought two of these cables and both of them broke after just a few uses. Very low quality. Do not buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars just another pc sync cord, January 17, 2014
I thought that this was a pc sync cord with three female connection end. That is what it appeared to be in the product photograph. I can still use it anyways so I will be keeping it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work so good for me, January 13, 2014
J. Warren "xbluepawzx" (Deer Park, NY United States) - See all my reviews
The PC end of the wire has a rotating screw to secure it in the female end of PC sockets but not all devices have the intake for that screw. The PC end of this wire DOES NOT go in far enough to work with my Cowboy RF remote strobe triggers. If you push hard enough and force it in farther it works occasionally HOWEVER ... This made the PC end of the wire come apart and it broke off within the first week of owning this wire. I would pass this one up for a wire that DOES NOT have the securing screw on the tip of the PC end

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor construction, January 2, 2014
If I could give this cord less then one I would. The construction of this cord is extremely fragile. After very light and minimal use - As in I installed it one speed light and left it in place with it not being stressed at all. I put the strobes up at two basketball games. I bought two of these cords and after two games both strobes quit firing. I went to check connections to both the strobe and the slave and found that the cord fell off PC connection in my hand. Horrible. I'm sending these back. Do yourself a favor. Spend a little more money on cords.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: DO NOT BUY!!, December 16, 2013
Christopher K. Seid (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm not the type that usually gives bad reviews. But this is absolute garbage. I bought this a remote flash set up. Having planned ahead, i ordered it early but never tested it until the big day. The PC connector fell off the first time i tried to connect it!! The solder on the thing is just to hold it in place until you connect it. I think the seller is really just trying to con our money, knowing we probably won't return it.
It comes packaged nicely, so i never thought of testing it!! Now its over 30 days and I can't return it!! Wasted $10 bucks on this. Buyer beware!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good on 3.5mm jack, December 12, 2013
It looks like has a good quality but the 3.5mm jack goes out of order pretty soon, just after one event.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›