Questions & Answers
4.8 out of 5 stars (56)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 questions
vote
They are great quality, but even such this Is a small variety of shrimp, and will be only 1/4 to 1/2 or so, maybe bigger but not much. Get like 30 in a 5 gallon and it would look great. Tbh with these guys order more than you need, they are sensitive. That being said, the seller sent me.mine and ALL were live, its been MONTHS and most are alive.
Jul 13, 2014 by mr. smartypants
vote
I was having the same issue in a very well planted aquarium. I got a good test kit and found that the pH was too high and the water was too alkaline. So, I have been slowly adding substrate and driftwood pieces that will bring the pH down and used a water softener pillow. After about a week, I think I am seeing berries - no little ones yet, but I am very hopeful.
May 26, 2014 by Cjohns104
vote
Sounds like problems with the water conditions. Your tank should be cycled and "aged" before introducing new shrimp. Even though red cherry shrimp are known for their hardiness, they still need good water conditions.
Jun 16, 2014 by Complexity
votes
I'm pretty sure the clown loaches would eat them. There are very few tropical fish that wouldn't. I believe Chinese algae eaters (name?) are among the only ones that won't.
Jul 21, 2014 by nunya beese
votes
These shrimp need tropical conditions, while goldfish and koi are cold water
Jan 23, 2014 by Liam
votes
Constantly, I started with a dozen last July, now I have hundreds. Just started a new tank just for them. They have almost 0 bio load, however they can be very sensitive to nitrates. If I don't do water changes twice a week I almost always lose a few. But these are my favorites!
Apr 15, 2014 by SuperShopper
votes
Yes! I got about half and half
Dec 24, 2013 by SuperShopper
votes
Fresh
Jul 24, 2014 by J. Losey
votes
Five or 12... probably doesn't matter. Before you know it, you'll have a hundred. A month after starting with 12, I thought I lost them all. While removing plants for cleaning a month later, I realized they were all in hiding and had already tripled their population.
Jun 22, 2014 by Chris A McCleaf
votes
Comedy hour? Seriously, dogs don't come with dog houses, cats don't come with cat boxes, and fish/invertebrates don't come with fish tanks. It is expected that the new owner has not only provided a sufficient tank for the shrimp, but that the tank has also been properly cycled and aged in preparation for the shrimp.
Jun 16, 2014 by Complexity
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers