4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Darcy is Mr. December!
Published on January 25, 2011 by Judith Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Darcy is Mr. December!, January 25, 2011
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
Was Jonesing for a romantic comedy Christmas flick and was pleasantly surprised with The Twelve Men of Christmas. Based on a Brit novel Dating Mr. December, it is a fish-out-of-water story. Our plucky little heroine EJ (Kristen Chenoweth) Leonard Bernstein's Candide (Great Performances) simultaneously loses her great Manhattan job and caddish boyfriend and is forced to relocate to a small Montana town to become their publicist.

Apparently everyone there has taken a vow to be very nice and understanding to perky newcomers. All the males are pretty much "ah shucks ma'am" to a gorgeous blonde city women except the rich, handsome Will (Josh Hopkins) Swingtown - The First Season who is very stand-offish to our protagonist. The plot centers around the efforts to raise money for the local Emergency Rescue Mission squad and it quickly becomes Calendar Girls meets Pride & Prejudice. However, the sweet script is pretty well written and there is the added bonus of the tasteful calendar shoot montages with some really hunky guys of the month! Enjoy.........I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheno Makes Christmas Sexier!, January 17, 2011
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
Saw this movie on Lifetime when it first aired and have watched it every time its on tv. I think Kristin Chenoweth is adorable and immensely talented so I had to add this movie to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 25, 2011
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
I really enjoyed this movie. Great when you need to veg and watch something easy and fun. Sort of the male side of "Calendar Girls".

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, February 28, 2013
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
I expected differences from the book, since the book was set in the UK, and this movie was in the western United States, but I sort of expected something of the same character development and situational similarity. Although there were a lot of similarities, and I was able to fill in with my imagination, there did not seem to be the same magnetism between the characters that I expected. There was also sort of a snobbishness from the main character that the heroine in the book definitely did not have. I did not like that at all. The movie overall was not unlikable, but I was just disappointed that it did not live up to the story the writer of the book told.

5.0 out of 5 stars great Christmas movie, March 17, 2012
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
I don't know how this movie didn't get better time slots at Christmas time.Very well put together,funny,drama and lots of laughs.The little girl in "MY GIRL" (VEDA) is all grown up in this very nice holiday production

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a FUN, happy midless movie that doesn't disappoint!, February 26, 2012
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
I have this movie and I love it! Super predictable... but so much fun! I've watched it a ton when I want something just plain fun and mindless. If you are wanting something of that nature... this won't dissappoint. Enjoy!
!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking Hunks, December 31, 2012
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
This story showed how everyday people could be looked up too as well as the superstars of movies or sports. In fact, they deserved more credit than sports people or actors because they are dealing with real life dramas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, April 22, 2012
I love this movie!!!I bought the movie and have watched it several times. You should see it!Love the scenery. Great Christmas romantic comedy movie

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun fluff!, December 28, 2012
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
A perfect no-brainier romantic comedy to watch with your women friends. Predictable but still it is a cute Christmas movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars 12 Men of Christmas resurrects Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy, December 14, 2012
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
As an avid Jane Austen fan, I am constantly alert to movies that resurrect the plot of Pride and Prejudice-my favorite Austen novel. I was pleasantly surprised to revisit Darcy and Elizabeth in this lighter Christmas movie. While it won't take any literary prizes, it is a cute retelling of my favorite classic of all time. The similarities are evident in the relationships of several of the characters--clearly the best friend has the same Bingley adoration and respect for his friend and won't pursue a love relationship with the heroine's friend as a result of well-meant but wrong advice from him. The delicious verbal sparring is also Darcy-esque. And of course there is the bad boy who seems sterling but lacks morals, preying upon women--especially rich ones. This was fun!

12 Men of Christmas
12 Men of Christmas by Kristin Chenoweth (DVD - 2010)
$9.98 $5.98