5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!
Published on November 27, 2012 by Mat Kyne

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright, but a tad blue
Published 22 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: 2pcs 31mm 12-SMD 1.25" 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs + STICKER DE3175 DE3022 DE3021 3175 - White
I got these to replace the dome lamp in my Toyota Prius. The incandescent bulb that was in there would heat up the lens so much that it would burn your fingers after a few minutes. This was a problem because I like to leave the light on so my 18-month-old can look at his books on the drive home. At first I thought I would have to make something or at the very least use 2 LED bulbs to get the equivalent light output. I was wrong on both accounts.

First the light output from one of these bulbs is about 90% of the light output from the bulb it replaced. The light fills the entire interior of the car with enough light to read by. So I only needed one. As luck would have it; my wife's Honda CRV takes the same light bulb for her dome light and I replaced hers as well. Since she has a bigger interior I was skeptical, but it works great in there too. I highly recommend these bulbs.

Pros: Excellent light output, better color temperature (white instead of yellow) & a lot less heat output (cool to the touch). Light output/color is so nice that I decided to replace all the other bulbs in my car as well.

Cons: The LED bulb is a little longer than the bulb it replaced so it took a little effort to get it into the spring clamps. It wasn't a problem for either of my cars, but it might be a problem for some. (see pictures).

UPDATE 11/30/12:

I also ordered this: NEEWER® T10 36 SMD LED Light Festoon Dome Bulb Lamp White 12V, thinking it would provide more light. I was right, it is about 4 times the light, but it produced too much heat for the small area I installed it in (it made the dome light lens hot to the touch). When I uninstalled and before I reinstalled this LED light, I ran some tests using my bench power supply.

I measured the current draw for the 3 bulbs at both 9 and 12 Volts. This should give you a pretty good idea of power required (and waste heat generated) for each of the bulbs.

12 LED Light: @9V = .09W & @12V = .96W
36 LED Light: @9V = .45W & @12V = 3.0W
Original Light: @9V = 4.7W & @12V = 7.3W

5.0 out of 5 stars 31mm and 4300k Color White, August 3, 2012
After trying some other LED replacement bulbs for my '12 Mazdaspeed3, I have ultimately ended up using these 31mm bulbs for the map lights, rear dome and rear hatch. They are not quite as bright as some I've tried (which is not necessarily as bad thing), but they are brighter than the stock incandescents and are an easy-on-the-eyes pure white color (most on Amazon and Ebay are in the bluish 6000k to 8000k range, including CorkSport's.) In fact, they are the closest to 4300k pure white that I have come across. Very happy with these. Going to try to find similarly colored led 29mm fuse bulbs for the vanity mirrors and T10 wedge's for the lisence plate and glove box to match.

5.0 out of 5 stars These fit!, March 27, 2012
If you've been shopping for these bulbs for your vehicle, you will notice in many reviews that the actual length of many of them are longer than the correct 31mm. THESE, fortunately, are *exactly* 31mm and fit perfectly. What's more, I emailed the merchant beforehand to make sure they were 31mm and they got back to me within a couple of hours - good merchant. These bulbs fit and work perfectly and are much brighter than standard bulbs, use less power and give off less heat. Being LED I expect they will last much longer as well. These are the ones to get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price and fast shipping, September 17, 2012
I got my pair from EZ Motoring. The shipping was fast, hopefully they keep it up! The install was simple, though my set was slightly larger than stock. It took some fidgeting from my flex clips with some tug to get them just in. These LEDs are bright, but not overwhelmingly blinding with the dome shield on. The color is slightly blueish. I would say more along the lines of 4500k instead of daylight 3800k-4300k range. Good for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Polarity bias but otherwise works fine., June 19, 2013
William Ingram (oak harbor, washington) - See all my reviews
Other than receiving two 2pcs packages that were different than what is pictured; instead of 4x3 rows, they were 3x4 making them very wide in width, thus, not able to fit in my Mazda CX-9 dome light. The thinner 4x3 (pictured) was able to fit, however, at 32mm it is a very tight squeeze and not sure if the bulbs will stay in the rear dome lights.

There is a slight flickering while the lights are fading... and it is my experience that fading interior lights will cause LED bulbs to not last long; time will tell. Other than that, they are as advertised, very bright with a cool white (not blue not yellow) light.

Last, they do have a polarity bias so if the bulb does not work one way, try swapping it.

EDIT:
I also want to add: Should you do get the wider version, you can clip off the excess smd's to make this fit as I did go this route. Yes you will have three less smd leds but they are still bright (couldnt tell the difference between the full amount and my modded amount when it comes to the light output).

5.0 out of 5 stars super bright, super cool white light, January 7, 2013
i searched a lot of this kind of high tech light around amazone, and i'm glad i picked this. super cheap, super bright, super cool white light. much brighter than my sevaral old dome light bulb from walmart, and cheaper than walmart. the walmart SYLVANIA long life one says it has 200lm and 95hr life time, well good luck with that, totally no compare to this. also this size is correct, 31mm no cheating.

made me want to replace all other lights for both my cars. only hope these will last much longer. i think it will.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright, but a tad blue, February 18, 2013
I wasn't overjoyed when I installed these LED bulbs into my car. The definetely offer more brightness, but the blue tint was a bit more then I had expected. I might try putting a yellow filter in my dome, or I'll just buy some of the bulbs that come in a soft white color. LED's don't bother my eyes so I don't worry about it and I appreciate the extra lumens. Otherwise, if you don't like faint blue tints on lights, try hunting around more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of seller, March 21, 2013
Renaissance Man (Glen Oaks, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these last year from "Comfort Wheels" and I liked them so much (5 stars), I ordered another pair.

This time they were shipped by "autocarstore" and they are not as shown. Instead of 4 rows of 3 LEDs there are 3 rows of 4 LEDs making the "bulb" far wider than necessary, and are so wide they won't fit in my Honda Civic.

Not that I wanted or would have used a STICKER that was supposed to come with the bulb, but there was no sticker.

If you get one as shown, it's at least as bright as stock, and much whiter. However, the trend is to use fewer LEDs that are bigger and brighter (e.g., 6 5050 LEDs) than the 12 smaller ones used here.

Since the ones I got would not fit because they were different from the picture, I returned them.

1.0 out of 5 stars What you get it different from the picture. This "bulb" is as wide as it is long!, October 24, 2013
Ordered these from "autocarstore", and what I got was substantially different from the picture. The LEDs were spaced further apart than the unit pictured and (critically) were arranged four LEDs wide, so that the circuit board holding the LEDs was as wide as the whole "bulb" was long. That meant it wouldn't fit anywhere I tried it.

I'll give these "bulbs" this ... they do light up brightly. (I hooked one up to a battery.). But I can't recommend these to anyone unless they have a car with a wide, clear space around the bulb.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received the wrong bulbs and the seller was different, December 18, 2013
The bulbs I got were 4 led wide and 3 led long. Completely opposite of whats shown in the picture. I think its because the product was not sent by the "I love my Car" folks. The people who own this site sent it instead since its cheaper. Im trying to be discrete because my review keeps getting removed.