5.0 out of 5 stars A must have Christmas Album..
I grew up listening to this on vinyl way back in the day! It only recently became available on CD and I had to have it. If you want an album of traditional christmas music, well then you have to have this. This is a great album to just play, sit back and relax. You'll see why when you play this album as Jim had one great voice.
His rendition of Jingle Bells, Silent...
Published on November 19, 2002 by Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
great.
Published 15 days ago by Alyssum_

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have Christmas Album.., November 19, 2002
Thomas (Atlanta,GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
His rendition of Jingle Bells, Silent Night and Blue Christmas are excellent and in my opinion his rendition of White Christmas is MUCH better than Bing Crosby's!
In addition to the traditional classics,there's other greats like 'Dear Senor Santa Claus' (Jim was from Texas!),'The Merry Christmas Polka' (a classic) and 'An Old Christmas card'.
A great album for young (kids will love it!) and old. It was a big part of my life growing up and it'll be a big part of my family going forward!
A true classic that everyone should have...

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic Christmas album from RCA Victor Nashville, October 13, 2001
Bradley Olson (Bemidji, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
I'd like to start this review by stating that the title of this album, "Twelve Songs of Christmas" is what it says it is. The 12 songs on this album are Christmas classics done by one of country music's greatest and most complex artists of all time all in great sounding stereo and is one of the highlights of the Nashville Sound of the 1960's. A few of the highlights on here include "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S," "Old Christmas Card," "Senor Santa Claus," "Mary's Boy Child," and many others. If you can find this album at any price, it is a must buy and a purchase you will not regret. Another important note is that the album was originally released in 1963 at a time shortly before Jim died in a plane crash in 1964.

5.0 out of 5 stars I grew up every Christmas listening to this beautiful album!, October 30, 2003
"mahes" (Mississauga, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
Jim Reeves has one of the most smoothest voices not only in country music, but in all kinds of music. This 1963 Christmas album was a million seller and this is an album every family should have. Hearing Jim sing these beautiful traditional Christmas songs is such a joy. You will also love the way Jim sing songs which you may have never heard heard before such as The Merry Christmas Polka, the amusing Senor Santa Claus and An Old Christmas Bard. My father had an old tape of this album when I was a baby and I am 19 years old now. I am so delighted to find this on a single CD! I of course have these songs on the comprehensive 16 CD set. This albim will brighten up your Christmas every year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhhhhhhhh! Gentleman Jim!!!, December 2, 2001
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
I grew up with this Album, on vinyl! It was one of my very first exposures of American Music (I'm a German Immigrant), and my stepfather couldn't have picked a better artist! "Gentleman Jim Reeves" has a smooth voice that naturally makes you want to at least hum along with all of his songs! Not huge on Country Music myself, but I LOVE anything by Jim Reeves, he is a pure classic that can't be passed up! If you're a Bing Crosby fan, you will fall in love with Jim Reeves on this Album, guarenteed! I was totally elated to see it out on CD so that I can keep up the tradition of playing this album for my four children without worrying about anything happening to my classic LP (which is now safely stored!). If you want the absolute best in Christmas Music, you will find it on this album, it's a "must buy" no matter what the cost! My kids prefer this CD to any other (I have a VAST collection of Christmas CD's) when trimming the tree. We have three absolute favorites when it comes to Christmas albums.... this one... and 4 Him- The Season Of Love....as well as 98 Degrees- This Christmas. We LOVE any kind of Music, but these are the most outstanding and I personally recommend them to anyone!!! One drawback of this album? Sure! The Cover Photo is not on this webpage!!! White background with Jim Reeves in a sweater leaning through a Huge Christmas Wreath....classic, just like He is! BUY IT! You will NOT regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music!, October 21, 2002
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
Jim Reeves 12 Songs of Chritsmas album has been in our family forever. It is a Christmas tradition in our home. He has such a wonderful voice that just captures you can gets you in the holiday spirit. My husband had never heard him until we were married and now he loves this album also. I was so excited to see we could get it by c.d. now, all of our family has old recorded tapes of this and we rarely play them, for fear we'll wear it out and not be able to listen to it any longer, so we are so excited this can continue in our generations of Christmas tradition, and that my children can grow up loving this album as much as I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless memories, April 21, 2006
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
It is with tears I write this, I have been searching for this CD for 9 years. Its unbelievable, It brings back memories of I and my family in Nigeria on countless of christmas days.

I will definately have my own Family listen to it. The ultimate christmas CD. Thanks for the memories Jim, You really brought Joy to my Life as a Kid some 22 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh that voice !!!!!, December 5, 2003
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
My family had an LP of this collection which we bought in 1978. We listened to this album for 24 christmas'. Its one of the Greatest Christmas albums ever. Christmas songs & the voice of Jim Reeves fits like a hand in a glove. As many of the other reviews said, I too grew up with this music & Christmas will not be the same without this music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh So Relaxing !!, March 27, 2002
W. Grandy (windsor, nova scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
This is a very good Christmas album from an extremely good singer who dies before his time. A few of the selections are different from the normal fare. I like his version of 'Blue Christmas'. He's the only one I've hear sing ' An Old Christmas card and it grows on you. A tad too short is the only fault I've got with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School Holiday Classic, November 18, 2006
Dan Holder (Longmeadow, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
It was the early 60's when i got my first "record player" & the holiday selections Santa provided included Elvis....Johnny Cash...Chubby Checker/Bobby Rydell...& stuck somewhere in the middle was this much loved balladeer i had never heard of. The standard holiday tunes are here along with a very entertaining southwestern number (Senior Santa Claus). "An Old Christmas Card" will remind you to cherish what you have now for it will be gone sooner than you realize. I'm glad to say i can remember when country music was more than cry in your beer or MTV grade tecno videos. If you know & appreciate Jim Reeves you will enjoy this music. If you don't but want to remember a simpler time & the joy of Christmas i highly recommend it. His voice has & will continue to withstand the test of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas isn't Christmas without Jim Reeves, March 7, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: 12 Songs of Christmas (Audio CD)
Wow, I'm amazed at how many people have grown up with this record. My family has played this on every Christmas morning that I can ever remember. A few years ago I searched for it and couldn't find it anywhere but found a cassette of it in a music store in India! I felt like I had Christmas back. Now that Amazon has it on CD, I no longer need to run to the stereo to flip sides!

12 Songs of Christmas
12 Songs of Christmas by Jim Reeves (Audio CD - 2000)
Rate and Discover Movies