Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 18, 2012
I've used Sten oil filters on two mowers and a UTV for at least the last 5 years. It was a mechanic at a Kawasaki service center who told me about them. It is what they normally use. I have never had any issues with them.
on August 2, 2015
What arrived is a Raisman 80-36-007 oil filter in a box with a Stens part number sticker covering up the Raisman part #.

I'll show you. See attached image.

Looks like a comparable quality direct replacement filter for my Kawasaki FR691V engine. So why did I give it two stars? Because I wasted 15 minutes of my time looking this up to see if was the correct part.

Maybe Stens sources filters from Raisman. Maybe the vendor here is buying cheaper filters and Stens stickers and is ripping people off. Maybe my product is a fluke and what you will get is a real Stens filter. I don't know.

However, what arrived is a replacement filter that looks good to me so I will use it.

Really annoying.
review image
on January 12, 2014
A direct replacement filter for my old John Deere LX255 and my new X300 lawn tractors. Even cosmetically, they look identically to the John Deere Brand Filter. It installed with no problems and seems to be doing the job. I'll probably buy more when it is time to stock up.
on May 4, 2015
It fit my JD L110 Kohler motor even though its not listed on the box that it should. I was nervous at first but comparing old filter and new filter they seem to be identical as far as dimensions. I'm not seeing any leaks around the seal. It was cheaper then the JD filter. I don't like to buy the JD maintenance kits cause I don't use "their" oil.
on August 24, 2015
Short generic filter with a sticker over it, appears to be of similar quality as the one removed from my lawn tractor.
If anyone knows the number for the longer filter, I prefer to use that style and actually thought I had ordered the longer ones...
on June 6, 2016
"Made in China" junk. Last year i bought "Stens" oil filters and last time i checked they where made in the U.S.A. and I can see these are cheaper quality right away. Not authentic be careful.
on July 20, 2013
This was an exact fit for my TORO MX-4260-74640. This replaced the original oil filter which I changed after 8 service hours, (recommended TORO change). The original was tough to remove and service. My EZ-Turn is purring along. I'll buy the same replacement next season.
on July 20, 2013
I am very pleased that this filter fit my John Deere 240 model mower tractor perfectly and is a very well built filter. Will definitely order this item again when needed. Delivery was great also. Thanks
on June 20, 2014
Needed an oil filter for the Kawasaki FR691V in my new Husqvarna YT42XLS lawn tractor. While the Kawi OEM filters are available on Amazon, they are not offered by Prime sellers so shipping time can vary wildly. After reading these Stens filters are used by many service departments I took the chance and ordered one for my new tractor's first oil change. The filter fit perfectly and felt at least as substantial and well made as the Kawi filter I took off. I'll be buying these in bulk as long as they remain available through Prime.
on March 17, 2012
You can pay $15-$30 bucks for a filter for your Briggs lawn mower. Or you can pay $6.49. I prefer the latter. Nearly a year later, the lawn mower hasn't locked up, so I'd say it is a pretty easy decision.