4.0 out of 5 stars Charger works with 1 or 2 batteries.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:22 Mins
Published 21 months ago by Nuknuk

2.0 out of 5 stars not quite as described
Published 16 months ago by Curtis

2.0 out of 5 stars not quite as described, May 21, 2013
This review is from: 14500 1200mah 3.6V Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery (Pair) + Charger Combo (Camera)
UltraFire 14500 1200mah 3.6V Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery (Pair) + Charger Combo I purchased this combination item last week and upon timely arrival I found a couple very important things I feel anyone thinking of purchasing this item must know. I bought these items from CYBERKIN and they burned up a 600 dollar device. These batteries,the Ultrafire 1200mAh batteries under close and careful testing with the appropriate equipment are NOT 1200 mAh. this can be said without equivocation.I and a couple of colleagues tested the batteries and found one of them to be 573 mAh and the second to be 603mAh or approximately half the capacity advertised. They are also not protected in any meaningful way. Ultrafirefire batteries are notorious for overstating their battery capacity according to our rigorous testing. Please take note of this. BEWARE OF ANYTHING CYBERKIN TRIES TO PAWN OFF ON YOU!!!(parent company is ULTIMATE GENESIS LLC) Good luck finding them on the web!! I cant believe Amazon allows such garbage to be sold on their site!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars About half the charge life as a Tenergy 14500 3.7v 800mAh, October 20, 2011
Just got two of these. One was too large to use in a standard AA device - not sure what happen here. After fully charging and using four times, I can safely say they last about 1/2 the amount time of a similar Tenergy 14500. I would not buy this particular battery again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Charger works with 1 or 2 batteries., December 27, 2012
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 0:22 Mins

Charger looks cheap but works good. It is rated to work from 100-240V. I ordered it for my flashlight torch. Now it lights up twice as bright. You can really tell the difference. Caution, it warms up the flashlight after just about a minute. I don't want to overheat my LED and ruin it so I'll will use it only in short bursts. If I need to use the flashlight for steady light I will replace it with regular double As.

Batteries are surprisingly very light even compared to alkalines. High in voltage but low in mAh.

Warning:
This battery is the same size as a double A. You may ruin your other gadgets if you mistakenly put this instead of the regular 1.2-1.5 volts double A. I already warned my kids not to put them on their Xbox and Wii controllers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powering a torch, December 29, 2011
I use these batteries to power a 200 lumen LED flashlight from a discount retailer. The flashlight was already bright but I read online that by using a 14500 instead of a AA, the output is double. I like that little flashlight so much that I thought I would give it a go. WOWWWZA! Works perfectly with the Cree LED. These batteries charge up fairly fast and perform as expected. Good buy and great price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice batteries, no idea when they are charged, September 11, 2012
The batteries work fine, but the charger light is always green - battery dead, battery charged, no battery at all. Green. So I have no idea if the battery is empty, full, charging, done charging....

Most other chargers indicate this by changing LED colors, blinking LED - something. This one relies on psychic powers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultrafire 14500 review, January 9, 2013
I like the batteries but I cooked them by overcharging them with the charger. It wasn't clear whether the charger had overcharge protection based on the operators manual and I tried to limit the charge time. I forgot them one time and they charged overnight. Batteries will no longer hold a charge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Low Cost but Low Capacity, October 18, 2013
Dee N "tonipaw" (Phoenix, AZ, USA) - See all my reviews
The Tenergy 800mAh batteries last much longer than the Ultrafire 1200mAh batteries in a flashlight (HausBell/Cree 300LM). After 15 minutes, the Ultrafire batteries drop to a very low light level and the unloaded battery voltage drops to 2.94V. The Tenergy 800mAh batteries are still going strong at 30 minutes.

While this is a cheap combo pack, I'd steer clear of the Ultrafire batteries unless you don't care about the short run time in a flashlight.

The charger is okay, but had no instructions, so it's unknown if the batteries need to be removed as soon as they are charged. I replaced it with a Tenergy charger.

The one advantage of the Ultrafire batteries over the Tenergy is that they have a larger "button" tip, so are easier to make contact with. Even with the Tenergy charger, the Tenergy batteries have to be adjusted to make good contact while the Ultrafires make good contact immediately.

Edit 10/22/13 - Put the Ultrafire 1200mAh 14500 and Tenergy 800mAh 14500 batteries on a battery analyzer after a full charge. The analyzer was programmed for a 1A continuous draw down to 3.0V. Measurements were made immediately after a full charge and at room temperature. The Ultrafire measured 363mAh and the Tenergy 799mAh which confirms what I saw on the flashlight.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap little power houses, May 28, 2012
i bought myself some cree mini led flashlights and everyone was saying that changing the regular AA to the 14500battery was night and day. I bought these because of the great price. I love them because of the great value. these make such a huge difference :)) these little batteries are power houses. you won't regret your purchase

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad item., December 25, 2012
I got the charger and as soon as I used it the charger started to smell and it was burned out. I told the seller but they did nothing. That's after I got an email saying I would get a replacement free but never did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 17, 2013
David Goss (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these to use in my CREE 300W flashlight. I was disappointed to find that they did not deliver anywhere near the rated mah of current. The light draws 1.5 amps (1500 ma)from a fresh battery following an over-night charge using the supplied charger. Given the 1200 mah rating the battery should power the light for about 45 minutes. I realize that is an overly optimistic expectation but in actual tests the battery was drained to its minimum voltage (2.75 v) in just 15 minutes, and the brightness had dropped to the point of no longer being useful. In comparison a standard AA alkaline battery was still producing a bright light after 30 minutes. I definitely do not recommend these.

Rate and Discover Movies