5.0 out of 5 stars Bubble Wrap Fun
Published on October 28, 2010 by Sherri

1.0 out of 5 stars 125 Feet Only An Estimate!
Published on July 9, 2012 by SRP

1.0 out of 5 stars 125 Feet Only An Estimate!, July 9, 2012
This review is from: 1/2" x 125' x 12" Bubble Wrap (Large Bubbles) (Office Product)
So I ordered this bubble wrap from seller Valuemailers since it seemed like a good deal. I have 15 identical boxes to pack each 2 feet in length. I planned to use one 2 foot strip of wrap to line each side of the box so I would need 8 feet of wrap per box. My calculations led me to this item since I needed 120 feet of wrap and this game me 5 feet of wiggle room. I ordered it, it shipped very fast, and I started happily packing away. Then, I ran out of wrap 3 boxes short.

I double checked my calculations and checked the wrap I had used and it turned out I only used 103 feet of wrap so far. I was assuming there might be some wasted wrap here or there, but 22 feet of missing wrap is just way too much. The wrap is perforated ever 12 inches and each strip I cut was done ever other perforation. My boxes are from Uline and precisely 24 inches in length each so I would notice any excess wrap, but there was none.

I politely contacted Valuemailers and was informed that the perforations were imprecise and the cuts were not ever 12 inches so that accounted for the missing 22 feet. I actually went back to random measure strips of bubble wrap in unsealed boxes and sure enough, each "2 foot" strip of bubble wrap I measured was only 23 to 23.5 inches in length. I responded to Valuemailers again telling them I measured and I was not convinced that 20% of the wrap was lost in imprecise perforations. Valuemailers finally gave me a partial refund while still insisting their bubble wrap is factory sealed and that they sent me 125 feet.

So know I am stuck having to order more bubble wrap at a higher price to make up for the 20 extra feet I need to finish my boxes.

Sorry for the longwinded review, I'm just very dissapointed with the product and a 20 foot shortcoming is just not acceptable to me. If I order 125 feet of bubble wrap I expect 125 feet or at least 120! Maybe if you are just packing for a move or something and just need a ton of bubble wrap for stuff this will do, but if you need 125 feet of bubble wrap I would order another product with more precision in their description/product. The wrap itself is fine, just not the 125 feet they promise.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flat Overprice BubbleWrap, June 21, 2012
This was the worst bulk order..yes I ordered 4 boxes...I am so disappointed! The bubble wrap is flat every other cell...in all 4 boxes. This is not the same product I have purchased in the past, even though I clicked on my purchases to order it. Completely different. BAD!!!!! Do Not Buy. The seller offered a refund of purchase price, but not for shipping...and wanted me to pay to ship them back. As we all know, the shipping back would have cost more than keeping the items, so I kept them , but will NEVER order this item again or from the seller. POOR RESPONSE!

4.0 out of 5 stars not 125' long, December 4, 2012
bubble wrap works just fine as packing, large full bubbles. If you intend on insulating your windows with it, might want to look somewhere else (though you won't even get near the price). The serrations each foot pop all the bubbles along that row and sometimes they catch 2 rows leading to waste. Some areas arrive popped, ruining an edge or corner. Another important thing is to assume that this roll contains 100' of product (I got 103'), certainly not 125'. Luckly, my project required exactly 95' so I'm not marking against these guys for what could have been a huge headache.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bubble Wrap Fun, October 28, 2010
It's bubble wrap. There isn't much to review because, frankly, how hard could it be? I will say that the seller shipped very fast. The roll was huge and great for my moving needs. Also much, much cheaper than buying overpriced smaller rolls from retail stores. I recommended this seller to my family when they were moving. Once of their rolls never arrived. They got in contact with the seller and he overnighted them a new roll, no questions asked. I hope I don't have to move again for awhile but if I do, I am definitely going to make this purchase again.

1.0 out of 5 stars PERFORATED every 12 inches!!! (Also, product is not 12 inches wide), May 9, 2013
I specifically ordered this item because other reviewers had noted that it was not perforated. I need it to NOT be perforated (I'm using it as window insulation in a hot climate — Phoenix). Well, I'm dismayed to report that their product is now PERFORATED. The item description / listing has not changed, and yet my bubble wrap is clearly perforated every 12 inches, meaning that every 12 inches I have a line of deflated bubbles, making it much less effective as an insulator for large windows.

Also, I'd like to note that the product is NOT 12 inches wide (contrary to the item description). In some places, the bubble wrap is 11.5 inches wide, but is mostly a little over 11 inches wide. And really, if you measure from the end of one inflated bubble to the far end of the opposite inflated bubble, it's only 10 inches wide of inflated bubbles.

I'm so disappointed : (. There don't seem to be any other options for unperforated (non-perforated?) bubble wrap, so I'm just going to have use this, I suppose. *sigh*

To the seller: if you're selling both perforated and unperforated bubble wrap, then please offer the option of a drop-down (you know, where buyers can select either size, or color, or... [shocker] perforated or unperforated?) so that buyers can select which type of bubble wrap that they'd like to purchase and receive. That would be so helpful. Some of us actually do want unperforated, but evidently some of your customers want perforated. You could actually make both of us happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, May 1, 2013
I thought it was a little cheap, but you get what you pay for. The shipping was prompt, but as I started using this item, I realized that most of the bubbles had no air in it.

I am going through it quickly because now I am just using it as stuffing instead of as a wrap. I say, spend more money on some bubble wrap that will actually be used as a wrap.

2.0 out of 5 stars let me down, April 28, 2013
not as strong as I had hoped- bubble broke too easily and frames of paintings got damaged in transit as result

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy again., April 22, 2013
Only because the bubble wrap isn't perforated. My fault for not reading the fine print, but I don't like having to cut my bubble wrap. Otherwise it's fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect segmented bubblewrap did the job for me, March 25, 2012
I needed a large roll of segmented bubble wrap to cover the windows in my apartment. I do this to provide heat and sound insulation. This stuff worked great. The bubbles are large and don't pop easy. It is segmented so you can count the number of segments you need for your window and cut in the same place each time. Segments split fairly easily, but only when I wanted them to.

To attach to window, spray window with water and place wrap on window. Wrap will then stay by itself. I think add a bit of tape to make sure it doesn't move.

Keep in mind this is a large roll. It covered two very large windows in my apartment and I still had most of the roll free.
This is a much cheaper roll if you don't need so much:
[..]

5.0 out of 5 stars Large bubble rap review., November 3, 2011
Jason Luokka (Swartz Creek Michigan.) - See all my reviews
Its a great product for shipping your larger items, and keeping them safe from shocks or moisture. Anyone needing to ship large, or fragile items should use this product.

1/2" x 125' x 12" Bubble Wrap (Large Bubbles)
$15.90