4.0 out of 5 stars Large clear globe bulb with standard base
These are clear globe bulbs, larger than normal, with the standard base. For the smaller vanity sized globe bulbs with the miniature candelabra base, see GE 17722-12 25 Watt Decorative Candelabra Globe G16.5 Light Bulb, Crystal Clear, 12-Pack or GE 17730-12 40 Watt Decorative Candelabra Globe G16.5 Light Bulb, Crystal Clear, 12-Pack.
Published on December 25, 2010 by Warren J. Dew

3.0 out of 5 stars Three 6-packs...1-2 bulbs broken per pack
Published 13 months ago by J___

4.0 out of 5 stars Large clear globe bulb with standard base, December 25, 2010
Warren J. Dew (Somerville, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE 12980-6 40 Watt Globe G25 Light Bulb, Crystal Clear, 6-Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'bare bulb' look!, September 14, 2010
T. Tom (SF Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I recently installed a ceiling fan which includes 3 light sockets below it and frosted glass shades. I liked the look of the fan but not the frost glass shades. I've always liked the bare bulb and socket look where you can see the filament inside the clear glass so I bought these bulbs and took off the shades of the ceiling fan unit. It looks much better and more modern now and sorta reminds me a bit of the steampunk and tube/valve movement. Way better looks than just a normal lightbulb both when the lights are on and when they are off!

Note, these have a larger bulb than 'normal' light bulbs so make a bit of a statement (in a good way!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, October 17, 2012
I honestly don't have time to run to Menard's and walk around looking for lights for my vanity in the bathroom. I decided to check on Amazon and sure enough, the very lights that I needed were there. It was great getting a 6 pack for the price that I got them for because I don't think Menard's would have had a better price than that.

The only thing that was a little deceiving and really not a big deal is that I was expecting a "six-pack". But they all came packaged in a regular box separately. Like I said, that wasn't a problem.

It's nice to have some new lights on my vanity again! Great service, great price, great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light!, May 18, 2012
They successfully create light. It's awesome. It's truly hard to believe such technology exists. They are truly crystal clear (it's hard to depict that in a web page) and they have lasted many hours. I bought one set and still have extra bulbs (and I have a figured that uses 6 of these at one). I thin the bulbs are of great quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bath fixture, June 6, 2014
I know these are not PC. but florescent bulbs are terrible for applying makeup. Also they look great in my
bathroom fixture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Replace the used with the original incandescent., May 26, 2014
TomT (Louisville, Ky USA) - See all my reviews
These are the real McCoy and will be used when the others burn out. Have not used to date: 5/26/2014.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short life, February 28, 2014
These bulbs so far seem to have unfortunately short lifespans. They do not have brass bases and are only 120 volts. We have a whole house surge protector but a couple have burned out in a month. Of course it turns out GE has imported the bulbs from China.
I'm going to look for brass based 130 volt bulbs made in the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect lighting for applying makeup, February 5, 2014
Two or three of these babies above your mirror turn you into a movie star! Too bad they're going the way of the dinosaurs :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find, December 23, 2013
It was so easy to order these on Amazon. Good replacement bulbs for a light fixture that is quite old.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three 6-packs...1-2 bulbs broken per pack, December 20, 2013
J___ (Somewhere, USA) - See all my reviews
1-2 bulbs broken per pack of the three 6-packs I ordered. The boxes were undamaged, but I could hear the glass clanging around inside each box before I opened the boxes. Opened and carefully removed the unbroken bulbs, and messing with broken glass is not fun. Amazon was outstanding in giving me a partial refund for the broken bulbs. Other bulb types from other sellers all arrived in perfect shape in same shipment, but not these bulbs. 5 stars for Amazon, 3 for damaged product.

GE 12980-6 40 Watt Globe G25 Light Bulb, Crystal Clear, 6-Pack