Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 21, 2013
i have two young boys and we have been going through these paintings - one a week - and it is amazing to see the boys appreciation for detail and time period develop so quickly. we enjoy reading about the technique and even try to mimick it in our own crude way. cool to find out the "tempra" paint is made from egg yolks. and learning about perspective of the artist. my boys have really enjoyed going through this book.. it not only has led to some interesting discussions about art history but world history as well! i highly recommend this book!
on March 6, 2013
This series of books is important to give to young people as they grow. Earlier, even than you may think appropriate.
on February 28, 2016
I bought this based on the "13 Buildings Children Should Know". That was an excellent book. This one was okay. The choice of paintings is questionable. Of course, everyone has different opinions, but most of these paintings are merely "great". In my opinion, the 13 Paintings should be ground breaking - firsts for their style. I was disappointed. Is it a good book? If your kid is interested in art, they probably will have never heard of most of these paintings - which is a good thing for expanding their knowledge base.
on November 21, 2013
very educational book. My daughter has read it several times and was able to use it for school. This series is great. it gives great information on what else was happening in history and the artist's life at the time when the picture was painted.
on November 15, 2015
I bought this to try and incorporate art into my third grade classroom and had great success. I moved to kindergarten this school year, and I am still able to use it. The students are always excited when they see this book pulled out, and love to look through it themselves.
on January 8, 2014
It includes a nice, simple narrative concerning the artist, the main techniques used, or something about the period in which in was painted.
on December 27, 2013
My students love to read when they finish a project early and this is a great series of books for them to learn about art.
Young children can appreciate art. I used to show my preschool - eighth grade students a masterpiece of the week each week, and they loved learning the artists name and name of the painting. One 5-year-old was on an elevator in New York City and saw a poster for an exhibit and shocked his parents by exclaiming: "Look, there's a Matisse!". The parents didn't know we introduced a painting at assembly each morning and reviewed it all week.

So, this book in vivid colors and on quality paper, introduces students to some famous paintings chosen because they are famous, or introduced a new kind of painting, or represented a period. There is a time-line and basic discussion of the painting, things to look for, terms and a glossary at the end.

Some of the paintings featured include:

* La Primavera

* Las Meninas

* Starry Night

* Child with a Dove

* Water Lilies

* Nighthawks

* Mona Lisa

I learned a few facts perusing this book. This is well done.
on August 17, 2014
Simple,not overly drowning in info but enough for children. My pre schoolers were very interested in this book.
on July 12, 2014
Item is beautiful and gift-worthy! For my granddaughter so it needs to be perfect! :) Fast shipping, great deal! Thank you!!