Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 1300+ Word Scrambles
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 14, 2011
This is a very straightforward anagram game. It is not interactive; you are presented with a screen displaying five jumbled words, you solve them in your mind (or on paper if you wish), then you click to go to the next page, where you see the solutions. Repeat ad infinitum.

Unlike some of the other anagram games offered for Kindle lately, there is no meta-level; i.e., the solved words don't fill in a crossword puzzle, or win panda icons, or force you to find the longest word on the current screen before you proceed, or have ways to earn bonus points, or even tally up a point score at all, or ... etc. If you play this type of game very much, you know what I'm talking about. 1300+ Word Scrambles is less like some sort of electronic game, and more like a hard copy book of anagrams.

Simplicity is not necessarily a bad thing, though. The thrill here is purely in unscrambling the individual anagrams. I've never figured out why I enjoy doing that, but for some reason I do, so the game works for me. The words are not obscure or difficult so far, but there is usually enough challenge to keep it fun. Admittedly I'm not very far into it, but it doesn't seem to be getting any more difficult as I proceed.

Biggest positive is that there is a very large number of scrambled words to be solved. (1300+ presumably, of course, but that turns out to be quite a lot.) My only (minor) complaint is that many of the scrambled words permit multiple valid solutions, and the answer pages only recognize one solution per word.

Since no one is keeping score, though, I guess it doesn't matter.

UPDATE: Having now finished the game, I've found that in fact the anagrams do eventually become more difficult. Not because the game creators began resorting to obscure and unknown words -- which always seems like a cheat -- but because they gradually increased word length. I didn't really notice this going from five- to six- and seven-letter words (when I originally wrote the review), but when I got to the ten-letter anagrams in the final section, the increased difficulty was very clear. Enjoy the challenge.
on April 6, 2012
Was not happy as I feel in order to really see your progress you must stay on the same page and know if you are correct. Not enter and then after done switch to another page. Very dissatisfied with this game.
on April 5, 2012
This can't really be described as a word game. It isn't anything more than you can do from pulling a word out of thin air and playing with it. Not even worth 99 cents.
on March 12, 2012
The word scrambles are just what they advertise..... scrambled words. But, this doesn't hold a candle to "Every word" , another Kindle word game. If you like word challenge games, try Every Word for a much more engaging time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2014
This is an entertaining word puzzle. One of the best that I have found. It is easy to lose track of time while solving the jumbled words. It is almost addictive!