Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

$14 is too much for a Kindle Edition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2012 9:09:30 AM PDT
Publisher and Author Greed is knocking me right out of Kindle purchasing.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 3:38:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 3:38:54 PM PDT
I agree that $14 is to much for an ebook ...... so I borrow the the high priced reads from my local library and use my Kindle dollars for the lower priced (maybe even self published authors) books that give me more bang for my buck! I have found some seriously amazing authors this way. Even discovered a few new genres that I normally would never have ventured into. Now here is to hoping that publishers get their heads out of their collective a$$es and lower the prices soon!

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 2:11:07 PM PDT
I agree with LovesHerKindle - I too refuse to pay top dollar for any books and have found many great books on Amazon's site ranging in price from $0 to $3.99 and haven't had a bad one yet. Hope the publishers read her post and do what she said!!

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 6:26:53 AM PDT
Ditto. I already have this one on hold from the library and will read a bunch of cheaper Kindle books in the meantime. I mean, really, what's the cost involved in a Kindle book? Not like paper and printing and everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 7:08:45 PM PDT
Don't blame the authors...they get only a few cents from the publishers for these books- this is why many authors are going back to self-publishing- and pricing their e-books far below what the traditional publishers are chargins.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:41:11 AM PST
M. Huston says:
Same with me -- I'll get this at the library. I've already spent a fortune on kindle books.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:44:02 AM PST
I so agree that many prices are way to high for Kindle and we shouldn't have to pay these high prices. I have gotten many of the free or lower price authors and have found new authors that I think are much better then all the popular ones! After all we do buy the Kindles so we can save money and those are not free!!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:10:07 PM PST
Beth says:
I also agree that many of the prices are way too high for the Kindle. One of the main reasons I stopped buying paperback books was because I was able to get them for my Kindle at a much lower cost. I have found a number of self-published authors that I love who offer their books for free or $2.99 at the most. I also have this on hold from the local library.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:06:26 PM PST
I saw this is going to be at Target the day after Thanksgiving for the same price as the ebook. I think I will be just buying the hardcover instead of the ebook. These publishers need to quit jacking up the prices on these books!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:59:58 PM PST
S. Erickson says:
I may just stick with Pixel-Of-Ink and BookBub for daily freebies. Some cost 99 cents to a couple dollars, but every single day I download at least 2 Kindle books for free... and many of them are even well known authors! Sort of like book newsletters. Both also make their offerings on Facebook. These are 1 shot-1 day deals... so I check single every day. Have close to 300 books on my tab ... and I've only come across 3-4 that were losers. [romance novels.. HATE those. LOL] Always have something interesting and exciting to read wherever I am! Who knows? They may even offer the latest Stephanie Plum for 24 hrs! Just my $.03 adjusted for inflation. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:06:09 AM PST
Jill Wright says:
I check Amazon every day but had never heard of Pixel and BookBub. Thank you so much for passing this info along, I have already signed up for both! Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:47:03 PM PST
Ragamuffin says:
I get my list of free Kindle ebooks from this site: http://ireaderreview.com/

I like Janet Evanovich, but refuse to pay this price for any books. And I've quit buying hardback books even if they are cheaper. I just don't have room to store so many books. I'll get this from the library or borrow from a friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 6:36:42 AM PST
$14 for this kindle book is beyond ridiculous. It was my understanding that Amazon was supposed to giving us credit for the high kindle book prices, but to date, I haven't seen any refund or credit.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about