Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 2, 2012
$85 for a pair of struts might be too good to be true when the same costs about double from monroe, kyb etc but these SENSENs are really nice struts.There's not enough review but being on a tight budget I decided to give them a try. Because it took me sometime to do some research on the struts, the price went up by $15, when I checked them in Jan 2012 beginning it was only $70. The price has increased everywhere at apxautoparts ($105) and also on ebay. Amazon was the lowest at $85 (including shipping)so I ordered them on Saturday, got them delivered by Fedex on Thursday early morning here in Minneapolis.

The coating looked good, and installation was a breeze, fits perfectly.I could keep all the old/original components and swapped out just the dead struts with these new ones.

So far I have driven 30 miles on them, since the installation on yesterday and what I can say they are a massive improvement over my dead OE struts. The car feels much in control in corners and there is almost no body roll at all.

Cant compare them to KYB, Monroe etc, because I have not driven a car with them but here is what I felt with the SENSEN struts

Firmer than stock struts while cornering.
Feels same or little better than stock struts over pot holes.
Perfect fit and ease of installation.
Great price.

It's too early to comment on the quality now, let me drive on them more and comeback and add to my comments. Lets hope they will last till I ultimately decide to get rid of the car :)
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
88 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2012
I was really torn on going big name brand like Monroe, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay 3x the price. So, I figured, why not gamble on these. I read on lots of forums and they had nothing but good to say about them.

Initial response pulling them out of the box, nice manufacturing. They look very well built. All weld lines look nice and everything is shiny and painted nicely. Nice and stiff, hard to push the plunger down.

After installing them, I have noticed that my car sticks to the road better again. Nice ride, nice cornering. I only have about 400 miles on them so far, but I wanted others to know they seem to be pretty dang good.

I'll re-review in a year, but I'm sold so far! Great struts!
1010 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
I bought these after reading a few reviews and I can say I'm pretty happy with the purchase. The Sensen shocks bolt right on, as they should, with no problems. They ride is slightly harder compared to the stock ride. If the product ever fails, it has a lifetime warranty for the life of the vehicle.

5/5 Installation ease
4/5 Quality
5/5 Warranty
4/5 Ride comfort
on January 31, 2014
I put a new set of Sensen shocks and struts on my 2002 Volvo S80 about mid-2012. At first they seemed fine, and granted, I did tow a 5x8 UHaul from Central Texas to N. California and back; however, the shocks and the struts are pretty much shot after about 20,000 miles. I just replaced them with a set of OE Monroe's hoping for better results.
on July 27, 2015
its working good so far and very impressed with the performance vs price........ however I'm a bit concern since I saw a few bad reviews concerning not enough welds and in one youtube video it broke with a guy and when I looked at mine I saw where they only welded the bottom of the shaft as the OEM was welded both top and bottom.
on June 23, 2014
After several days of reading reviews and doing my own research, I decided to purchase these SENSEN struts for my 98 Lexus GS400. In all honesty, these struts are not bad at all. I love the way my car handles...... I was skeptical about these because I'd never heard of SENSEN before and they were not expensive, now I'm glad I purchased them.

Stock set up, 18" wheels, no lowering kits or anything of that nature....give them a try.
on July 15, 2014
Do not buy! After a couple of months developed a bad clunk .when I removed them the rubber bushings were shot! They had the consistancy of used bubble gum. After 40 plus years in the auto body field I should have known you get what you pay for ,
on April 8, 2016
In August 2014 I purchased shocks, struts and strut mounts (Sensen brand from APX) for both my Honda Civic and CR-V. They installed without a hitch, fit perfectly and all seemed good. But 6-8 months later in 2015 my wife and I began hearing ominous clunking and rattling in both cars. I didn't want to believe it was the shocks and struts as I had just replaced them! Checking under the hood my first surprise was upon examining the strut mounts on both cars. Less than a year old and the rubber in every mount in both cars had dried, cracked and separated from the struts causing the struts to piston and bang up and down on bumps. (See the photos). I contacted APX, sent them photos to prove my problem and to their credit, they sent me a refund for the mounts. My next surprise however, was when I examined all the shocks. In only one year the rubber shock bushing in every shock had dried out and cracked allowing the lower bolt sleeve to bounce against the shock on every little bump squeezing the rubber out of the top of the fitting (See the photos). The problem became so bad I replaced all my new Sensen shocks and struts in both cars with Monroes. The resulting difference in ride quality and sound reduction was amazing. I am waiting to hear from APX to find out whether they will honor their "limited lifetime warranty" on the shocks as they did on the strut mounts. See the photos below and you decide whether Sensen equipment is worth the money and effort for 6 months use.

Update: APX contacted me regarding the warranty. If I pay to mail the shocks back to them they will perform a "warranty analysis" and if they are found defective in materials or workmanship, I will receive APX credit to purchase another APX item. APX sells shocks/struts, steering racks and pumps, engine mounts and brake wear sensors. I don't think I'll be doing that. I lost my money but don't lose yours.
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 29, 2014
Seriously, if you value your life you will NOT buy these. Bought a pair for the front and while I was going at a low speed the weld on the bottom of the strut completely gave.....WTF!?! Spend the extra money and get the japanese, german or anything other than this Chinese crap (yes I am Chinese as well!) Read the other reviews about "you get what you pay for!"
on December 18, 2013
They are cheap for good reason, as they wore out quickly. I learned the hard way but you don't have to. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more for quality struts/shocks.