Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 228 questions
votes
Yes. The lens is made for all Canon mounts. It fits my 20D, SL1 and 5D Mark II without issue.
Oct 16, 2014 by Xavier Grey
vote
Comparing bird photos (my hobby) taken with a Sigma 15-500 to those taken by a couple friend with Canon or Nikon 400mm lenses, there is a small difference in sharpness. I have my Canon camera set to highest resolution, and with a bit of sharpening in my photo editing programs, I'm usually quite satisfied with the results. It seems that often the autofocus to be more problematic, and some of my sharpest shots have been manually focused. A few aare sharp enough to have been published, and I've seen some excellent photos published by others using this same model lens. Overall, it's a good lens for the price. Nevertheless, if I were a professional photographer and could afford more lens, I would probably select a Canon telephoto to match my camera.
Sep 5, 2013 by Doug (Iowa)
vote
The Canon TC's do not work on the Sigma. Expect to use only Canon lenses w/ Canon TC's. Even then, Canon TC's are not universal to all Canon lenses. Kenko 1.4X PRO 300 Teleconverter DGX for Canon EOS Digital SLRs - I use this and you will still get AF w/ some caveats. Older versions of this Kenko TC require a pin tape (just Google it) for AF to work but the one I received in 2010 did not require a pin tape - AF worked out of the box. I can vouch that this lens and TC work together on a 450D/XSi but always check Kenko's site for the lens compatibility chart if you decide to use it on another lens (not sure if Amazon has the chart posted on the product page). The 1.4x Kenko brings the benefit of 210-700mm at the cost of two stops, slower AF/additional seek time, and the occasional inability to get an AF-lock. You get some pictures you would otherwise miss and lose some pictures you might have otherwise had. This Kenko also works with numerous other lenses - Canon and Sigma. Probably Tamron but that's just a guess. So there is definitely value to the Kenko TC beyond the 150-500 Sig. Important Notes: - All TC's cause a loss of light and and can be expected to bring some loss of image quality based on the quality/magnification of the TC (just a bit of softness in this case). This Kenko will lose you around two stops but grant 210mm-700. The impact on picture quality is nominal/immaterial to me but each photog is different. - Do not expect AF to work 100%. The AF will seek especially w/ low contrast subjects where the AF is targetted (darker object on dark bg, lighter object on light bg). Don't even try it in poor lighting. This is just the nature of light loss from the TC and a f/5.6 lens. **Anytime you use a TC, be sure the appropriate lens is listed in the applicable lens compatibility chart. Using incompatible cameras/lenses/TC's could result in permanent damage - smashed mirrors, scratched lenses, etc.**
Nov 23, 2010 by The Squirrel
vote
With Sigma look for DG in the lens description to identify FX compatible lenses. In the case of the Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO DG OS HSM. the letters DG are what you care about and OS (optical stabilized) for long lenses like this one. I use this lens on my D700, D800 and D80 (IR converted) with good results. Go for it. Good price and my experience is that it is a good lens.
May 16, 2014 by M. Anderson
vote
EX-Series lenses Extended Service Protection is valid for a period of 4 years from the original date of purchase: 1 year America + 3 year U.S.A. extended service = 4 years You should check with Sigma about any geographical coverage questions. P.S. I still love this lens.
May 10, 2013 by Amazon Customer
vote
Yes it works with the D40. It is a heavy lens and I use a monopod most of the time because I use it to shoot soccer games.
Oct 22, 2013 by Mama V
vote
I use this lens with my d7000 mostly for bird/sports action photography and have gotten some really good images, works well with autofocus
Jul 13, 2013 by rer iii
votes
Use Sigma only, but only work with manual focus,
Dec 11, 2014 by PT
votes
This is a great lens, particularly at this price. It is tack sharp even at 500mm. You can compensate for the "smaller" aperture by either slower shutter speed (in which case a tripod may be required), or higher ISO. For tripod use I suggest a gimbal head that is designed to accept the built in arca swiss mounting plate on the lens collar. ISO up to 3200 should be OK on modern (last 5-7 years) DSLRs unless you're making really big prints.
May 18, 2014 by Dr. A
votes
Yes this lens will work with you Canon Eos Rebel T3. This lens is an amazing lens. The quality of it is excellent, just remember the lens is very heavy. I use this lens all the time hand held, it's rare I use a tripod. The pictures are FANTASTIC!! You will love it!!
Jul 5, 2013 by cheryl a reedy
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   23   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers