What could be better than homemade donuts?
Topped with a chocolate glaze or simply rolled in cinnamon, fresh homemade donuts are impossible to resist. Whatever your preference -- the fluffy yeast style or the denser cake variety -- delicious, donut-shop confections are fun and surprisingly easy to make at home. The freshness and quality of ingredients that comes from scratch donut making simply can't be beat!
This delicious collection of donut recipes features a wide variety of choices. You'll find recipes for raised donuts (featuring yeast), cake based donuts, baked donuts (yes, donuts don't need to be fried to be fantastic), holiday donuts, one-bite donuts and dozens of recipes for toppings, icing, glazes, sugars and fresh fillings. From the classic Maple Glaze to Blood Orange Filling. Whatever your mood or the occasion --there's a perfect donut recipe.
- Raised Donuts: Cinnamon Honey Donuts, Key Lime Donuts, Mocha Raised Donuts
- Cake Based Donuts: Buttermilk Donuts, Dark Devil's Food Donuts, Rum Raisin Donuts
- Baked Donuts: Coconut Marshmallow Donuts, Strawberry Donuts, Lemon Cream Donuts
- Holiday Donuts: Christmas Swirl Donuts, Father's Day Tie Donuts, Fresh Cherry Donuts
- One-Bite Donuts: Green Tea Bites, Baked Maple Mini-Donuts, Donut Holes
- Special Donuts: Caramel Apple Fritters, Cinnamon Roll Donuts, Maple Bacon Bars
To make it even easier to replicate the donut shop experience at home, step-by-step color photographs show you simply and easily how to cut the dough, and recommended frying and baking equipment, filling techniques and icing ideas. Everything you need to make gourmet donuts can be found in these pages.