Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 20, 2011
I was so tired of previewing CD after CD of music for my 3-year old girl. Every CD had to have it's differentiator - choruses singing, modern arrangements, funny kids voices, etc., etc. And they were all so painful and not at all what I was looking for.

This CD collection is an extensive set of songs done in simple traditional format with a lead singer (often an adult, sometimes a kid) and other kids participating. No funky arrangements. No bizarre sounds effects. Just simply the songs how you remember them. An excellent CD.
11 comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2009
My son is absolutely hooked on this CD set. He is 2-1/2 years old.....and he sits in the back seat and sings the songs. He would rather listen to these songs than watch a DVD while driving. We like this as well because he looks around and sings while driving instead of mindlessly watching a DVD.

This has been a great learning tool for him...and I still don't know how he has learned 150 songs in such a short period of time. At this age his mind is such a sponge that he just has to listen to a song a couple of times and then he can sing it. We checked this out at the library, then when it was due we checked it out again, and again. Then they wouldn't let us check it out a fourth time so we bought it. Amazing.
on May 15, 2009
This is the best collection of toddler tunes I have ever heard!I highly recommend this product to teachers and parents!
on February 24, 2012
This CD is great for kids. The arrangements are well done in a traditional fashion (no rap versions here!) and the sound quality is stellar. It is important for kids to hear these songs because they pass along vital American mores and values to the next generation.

You will love this CD.
on February 9, 2011
I bought this collection for our 1-year-old granddaughter when riding in the car with us. Wow, what wonderful memories these tunes bring back! The songs are all sung beautifully. I love both the adult and children's voices. We can't start our day off when I pick her up without the Good Morning song! Don't hesitate -- these are the best toddler CD's I've ever listened to!
on December 24, 2013
I bought these after reading lots of reviews of this one and a few other similar products and I must say, I've definitely made the right choice! Each of the 3 CDs starts with the Good Morning! song and ends with So Long Now!, which are basically the same tune. The female lead singer's voice is pleasant, the children's voices are lively, the music arrangements well-done, and the use of various instruments keep it interesting. I actually enjoyed listening to the songs! And so does our 13 month-old, judging by how she bops and sways to the music. Great collection of songs; many familiar, some not so. And like another reviewer wrote, I like that there's no modern twists or bizarre sound effects, although there's a sprinkling of animal sounds. I've listened to a sample of another CD and thought there was too much talking, weird interaction leading into the songs. This one's just songs done in a traditional manner without sounding monotonous or forced. Some of the songs do get stuck in your head after awhile, but I don't really mind - I'm learning new songs and recapping the old! I particularly like Counting Sheep - it sounds very soothing (except for when the sheep baas), and I love singing along to I Love You, plus a number other favorites. You do get through each CD pretty fast (an hour of so playtime per CD), so it'll be nice if you have a 3 or 5-CD player to keep things going. If there was one thing I'd like changed, it would be to put all the soothing/lullaby songs on one CD, instead of having them interspersed throughout, makes it so much handier. But hey, for less than 10 bucks, I'd say it was absolutely worth it!
on June 7, 2012
my daughter loves music and has had a natural reaction to music since she was 2 weeks old. i looked long & hard for a cd that had a lot of songs, was upbeat, and had the songs in the original format (not adaptations). this fits all of the above and has 3 CDs so is very good value. i read the reviews that the songs all sound alike - sort of true but they do have a mix of kids and adults singing... it's kind of nice that they all sound kind of similar anyway because my daughter recognizes the music immediately - so when she is crying for no reason, i pop the CD in and she immediately calms down because she knows it is dancing/singing time. she's eight weeks old now - we've had it since she was five weeks old - i think this will be a favorite for a while. only negative is that i get the silly songs stuck in my head... :)))
on May 31, 2012
We've had these discs since Christmas and our 2 year old has really enjoyed them. Unlike some children's CDs these are real music, and as some reviewers said, there are no annoying sound affects or synthetic sounds that make these hard to listen to. This disc features real instruments and real voices (and good ones). I've more than once left the CD in my CD player on the way to work, realizing about halfway there that I was listening to childrens' music. I'll freely admit that on more than one occasion, I just let it spin, partly because I want to sing with my 2 year old when she's listening, but partly because I actually like some of the songs. That tells you how un-annoying and "normal" this collection is. Of 150, you're sure to have at least 30 in your personal memory from childhood, and many of them are a lot of fun. Highly recommended and a great value.
on December 8, 2010
My daughter really enjoys these CD's. The woman's voice is quite pleasing to the ear and there are a TON of songs...a great value for such an inexpensive price. My only criticism would be that some of the songs are a bit bizarre (but, they are the same songs that I grew up to and never thought of as bizarre as a child!). Also, some of the children's voices are not as "in tune" as the woman's voice- however, my daughter enjoys listening to the kids, so that's what's important.
on July 2, 2011
I wanted nice songs for a music class we could do at home. This was perfect. It has an intro song and an exit song for each CD and every song is less then a minute or so long so the kids dont get bored with the same song that seems to last forever! Very good vocals that are friendy and fun for the kids. Its a woman vocalist and lots of kids voices. CUTE songs. well it has every song you can think of and more. GOOD VALUE