5.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Super cheap. Tricky installation.
This generic adapter works better than my Mvix Nubbin, although the Nubbin is a fraction of this adapter's size. It recognizes more connections than my Mvix and I get a much stronger signal strength. If you don't mind the large size, this would be an excellent product to give wireless to your old desktop.

Users of other versions of this adapter (B/G) say it is...
Published on August 16, 2010 by Meowzers

1.0 out of 5 stars Sony Blu-Ray players
I tried this instead of Sony's $90 version but unfortunately when I plug it into the rear USB port of my new Sony Blu-ray player it is not recognized. Don't try this for Sony Blu-Ray Players stick with the name brand!!!
Published on October 28, 2010 by Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Super cheap. Tricky installation., August 16, 2010
Meowzers (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 150mbps USB Wireless Adapter LAN Wifi 802.11b/g/n (Electronics)

Users of other versions of this adapter (B/G) say it is plug and play with Vista and Windows 7. This was not the case for XP. I had to install the RALink drivers. Installation is a bit tricky and it didn't work the first time around. Then, I connected my desktop using an ethernet connection and the installation worked just fine. Give this a shot if you're having trouble as well.

I am very pleased with the product, especially at this price point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome- exactly plug and play- stable adapter, September 21, 2010
I buy this product because its description is....Sony , but I am wrong. It is not made by Sony, It is made by Ralink.Howerver the adapter Is really good. I have used many brand adpter like link sys, motorola, zonet, Dlink, and all not so good then I have to switch to direct lan cable. These day, my apartment request to remove all cable across door way so I have to find another adapter and I do not go wrong with this. The adapter works right away when I plug it in my usb port. It automatic load driver and connect to my router then I just enter password and done.I throw away the driver disk comes with it( may be my computer windows 7 that has driver in there).The signal I not always 5 bars, It is just 3 then 2, then4 but never drop since I plug it in that is different than others that I have used.I buy one more for another computer. Very strongly Recomment to all viewer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sony Blu-Ray players, October 28, 2010
Holmes (New Jersey) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Cheap Product, February 10, 2011
When I got the adapter, I immediately opened the box, unwrapped it, and plugged it in. It connects to the internet well, and works well with my desktop PC which is 1 story and 1 room over from my router. It works well with Windows 7 and Windows 7 native wireless, but the drivers are somewhat hard to set up (see cons).

Pros:
-Cheap
-Good quality connection
-Supports wireless N (supposedly)
-Works well with native Windows 7 wireless

CONS:
-Drivers are hard to set up, I ended up having to go to device manager and locating the driver files from the CD, if I wanted to use the Windows 7 native wireless program. (I hate 3rd party wireless programs, I prefer the native Windows one) There is a program on the disk that works with the adapter, but I chose not to install it, for like I said, I am not a fan of 3rd party wireless programs.

-This thing is pretty fat. I ended up having to buy a USB extension cable because I couldn't fit both my printer USB cable and this into 2 USB ports that were right next to each other. Luckily, I noticed this before I bought it, so I bought a USB extension cable in the same Amazon order. Turns out I was right, they wouldn't both fit. So keep that in mind, depending on where you plan on plugging this thing in.

Overall, this thing is pretty nice. I am typing this review using it right now. If it wasn't for the drivers and the fattness of the adapter, it would get 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wireless lan adapter, January 30, 2012
This product did not work on my sony blue ray player as I had hoped. Not the sellers fault I just did not do my research.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk!!!, November 10, 2012
I bought this because AT&T gave me a standard one that dropped the signal constantly and just refused to work at times. I realized that the wireless adapter just was not strong enough to pick up the signal.

I read the reviews before purchasing and they are mixed. So, because of the price, I decide to try it. Big mistake. This is a piece of junk. The disc that comes with it doesn't read. The computer keeps saying insert a disc. I pulled out the disc and took a closer look. The disc was warped. When the disc did not work, I wasn't to concerned because there were reviews that said if you have a Windows 7 OS, the computer would just find it and it will work. WRONG!!!! After several attempts to try to get the computer to find the adapter, I gave up. I'm not IT or a member of Geek Squad but my father fixes computers for a living, so i have learned a thing or to along the way. Alas, it never worked. I contacted the seller to get my money back and have not been given a response back yet. Stay away from this product!!

I bought a D-Link and it is awesome!! It has more bars than the old one from AT&T and it has not dropped one time. The disc that come with the product makes it easy to load. Obviously it was more expensive but you get what you pay for I guess...

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nice adapter for the money, February 9, 2012
Works with XP, 7, and major Linux distros without a whole bunch of fuss. Even if you don't get it with Super Saver shipping, it's still a wireless adapter that works for about $10 new. I spent over forty for one of the cheapest ones I could find in a "brick-and-mortar" store, a few months before I got this.

Update, added 2 Jan 2013: For a cheap USB adapter, this thing is a sweet little workhorse. I've had it about a year now, and it works with every Windows OS past XP with Service Pack 2(3 IS better!), including Windows Server, and every major Linux distro. I can't personally vouch for Apple, but it would not surprise me. It is my go-to adapter for gaining wireless connectivity if I'm updating drivers on somebody else's machine(even getting the RIGHT drivers for THEIR adapter!) And it's JUST big enough that I've never lost it. It's pretty obvious stuck in somebody else's computer, lol.

1.0 out of 5 stars item not workable with Toshiba BluRay, November 5, 2011
It would have been good if this item were not suggested along with the Toshiba Blu Ray - found out Thoshiba BluRay requires Toshiba adapter.

3.0 out of 5 stars ????, January 20, 2012
Richard W. Pursley (Willis, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Have not tried it with a PC, but would NOT work with my Toshiba Blue Ray player. Probably a problem with not matching up with the blue ray player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great!, January 1, 2012
B. Yuen (Honolulu, HI) - See all my reviews
Used on a Windows XP laptop and it worked fine with the drivers included. Using a USB extension cable was helpful as the width did not fit some slots. Signal strength is better than the PCMCIA card that I was using and am getting higher tranfer rates in 802.11G; about 35 to 40Mb/Sec.

Rate and Discover Movies