5.0 out of 5 stars a smart investment
This timer was a good investment. It was easy to install. The directions were clear and simple. I have already noticed a drop in the electric bill of $8 - $10 per month. My electric bill has been under $40 going on three months in a row. It used to be in the upper 40 to low 50 dollar range. It will have paid for itself in 5 months or less. I'm very happy.
Published on June 15, 2011 by Kevin L. Stibrany

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for one week and then stopped working.
This timer worked for 1 week and then stopped cycling power to my water heater. I thought it may be my water heater, but used a voltmeter to confirm that the timer was the item at fault. I will now be purchasing a much higher quality item.
Published on March 2, 2012 by Christopher Lambert

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a smart investment, June 15, 2011
This review is from: GE 15207 24-Hour Electrical Water Heater Timer (Tools & Home Improvement)

4.0 out of 5 stars GE Water Heater Timer installed - January 2012, December 5, 2012
I purchased and installed this item on my older vintage electric water heater after I had replaced both internal heating elements in the device.
After 11 months of use I can report that my electric bill has dropped a full 5% vs the 11 months before the installation of the timer.
The product installation was DIY with the different electrical parts purchased at Lowe's for a total installed cost of $60.00, including the timer.
My savings on electricity = the installed cost of the timer in this the 1st 11 months.
I have set the timer to turn off the water heater at 8PM each night and turn it back on at 5:30AM each morning. My wife and I travel a great deal so when we leave I just turn the timer to the off position and when we return I activate the timer. I am quite surprised as how much the electric water heater costs to run 24 hours a day. For a point of reference we are an retired couple living in a water front Condo in S. Florida. I say all this becuase I could see from our saving how much a larger family could save on their electric water heater if it was timed to go off at night when all are sleeping.
Hope this simple review helps you save money with the cost effective device.
MARCH 19, 2013 - UPDATE ON REVIEW.. This timer has been installed since January 2012. After 14 Months of operation the impact on our electric cost is a follows; Average KW usage per month was 1141 now 1023 or a drop in usage of 10.3%. Our cost was averaging $126 per month over 12 months, now its $111.00 per month. a SAVINGS of $15.00 per month or $180 per year. Worth this cost of the product and FIY install.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for one week and then stopped working., March 2, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Universal Timer, October 21, 2011
Clyde (OROVILLE, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
For the price, this is a phenominal timer. I can't speak for it's durability, as I just installed it, but it's ease of wiring and use and mutliple capabilities is excellent. "Electrical Water Heater Time Switch" is a poor name for this timer, as it can be used in so many ways and applications. I am using it to turn a large sign and off. The sign has 14 six-foot flourescents with four ballasts. With the options of SPST, SPDT, DPST, & DPDT and with the ability to handle 120v, 240v, & 277v inputs and any number of outputs, you can use this timer in some creative ways... like powering a 2 speed blower that is normally low speed but when the timer is activated, is on high speed. The only real limitation is that, being a mechanically activated timer, it is limited to 30 minute increments and that probably only within a 5 minute accuracy. BUT for things that don't require precise timing, and only need a 24 hour cycle, I'm glad I found this.

1.0 out of 5 stars defective unit, May 1, 2013
although the seller was great about offering a replacement, the first unit they sent, was defective, so had double cost and agravation to install. if i had to do over would not use ge unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, March 28, 2012
At half the price of water heater timers in the "Big Orange" stores I was skeptical of the quality of the unit. Turns out this is a great timer. Very flexable on hook-up voltages, very easy to set on off times, a master override switch and a water tight box make this the best timer for the money. Get one now!

5.0 out of 5 stars great timer, May 30, 2012
I am more than satisfied with the timer. It does what I had expected. I am saving electricity on my water timer. The toggles are a minor challenge to push and pull but nothing the average tent spike/needle nose pliers won't take care of. Anything with a small end works just right. The timer was installed April 7, 2012 on an older 40 gallon water heater. The electric bill for month of April 2012 was 418 watts less than the month of April 2011 for about a $35.50 savings. That is pretty good for 3 weeks out of a possible 4. I love those savings. The only set back is that it tends to run fast. Every week or so, I have to adjust the timer back to keep the right time. The May 2012 (billed for 32 days) bill used a mere 12 watts less than the May 2011 bill (billed for 29 days). Not much of a savings but still a savings. The only drawback is the timer seems to go a bit fast meaning every week or so I have to adjust the timer to the correct time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost investment - quick return., August 10, 2014
I bought this at HD. I was worried the relays would not be large enough to handle the load but unit has performed flawlessly. It is a DIY project. The instructions cover a variety of setups which can be a bit confusing but are thorough. I wish it had a battery back up for the time so if and when there is a power interruption it would maintain the correct time. I run mine from 5am-10am and 5pm-10pm. We are a family of 4 using a 40 gallon dual element 240V electric water heater. I have figure I have saved about $15 a month for the past 6 months I've had it, about twice what I paid for the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
Works great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good box but not for the novice, June 28, 2014
Instructions could be clearer, but it works like it is supposed to work. If you are not familiar with electrical wiring I recommend you get someone to assist prior to connecting. It can be confusing with this box - instructions could be clearer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›