Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on December 18, 2010
I was very pleased to find this frame on Amazon.com. I'm a professional photographer and it's very hard to find an 11 x 17 inch frame and I had several photographs in that size I needed to frame. The price is incredible, and I received my frames very quickly and loved the design and the build of them. Even the glass was immaculately clean, whereas store bought frames often have smears on the inside of the glass. The only problem is the frame is obviously made of MDF. MDF is a compressed wood product that joins together shredded wood pieces with different glues and does contains a lot of acid. So, I wouldn't be able to trust a frame that will damage the edges of my photographs over time, and this kind of acid would definitely destroy a photograph of artwork over time.

Other than the fact that the frame is made of MDF that contains acid, it's a very attractive and well made frame. If you wanted to frame a poster, artwork or photograph that you don't really care about long term, then this frame is fine. If the piece you want to frame has any value to you, you want to only frame it with a product that is completely acid free.

So, I can only marginally recommend this frame for someone who doesn't care that much about the image they are framing do to the acid in MDF.
1414 comments457 of 476 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2012
I normally don't bother to review stuff, but was impressed with this company. I build custom wooden frames for a living, but needed some 24x36s for some large posters, and this was a way to get out of some major work! I ordered six of these and they came in about a week. Truly outstanding packaging with heavy cardboard mailers and thoughtful inner protection. The frames are made of particle board covered with a black material, perhaps some sort of tough paper. Although particle board is not a material of high quality and durability, that is reflected in the price. The "glass" is somewhere between plexiglass and acetate, not very thick. However, it is very shiny and protected with a peel-off material on both sides. For the price, my posters look very nice. If someone asked me to build a 24x36 poster frame from a quality wood, I would charge over $100, it would be extremely heavy, and would have breakable glass instead of plexiglass. These frames are fairly light but much better quality than plastic. If you are looking for a decent poster frame at a fair price, I can't imagine doing much better than these. If you expect better quality, then prepare to open your wallet!
44 comments287 of 297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
So here are the pros and cons. In a nutshell, great look but cheaply made...

Love the look of this frame! Exceeded my expectations. About an inch thick, matte finish. Looks like a professional frame job.

However, the back is really cheap, with a bunch of those little black tabs. If you're expecting to put a picture in once and never open it again, it's fine, but if you expect to swap pictures out occasionally you might want to look for something of a slightly higher quality on the back because after pulling up and down those prongs a couple times, I'm sure they will break. Also, the hardware to hang the frame on the wall is not actually in the frame. It's just taped to the back. So you will have to figure out how to put the hanging piece on the frame if you want to hang it. I wasn't really sure how to do it, and it didn't come with instructions. I assume I just hammer it in. Hmm...
review image review image review image review image
11 comment74 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2010
Great frame, awesome price, much better than local, overpriced stores. I was originally wondering if this would meet my needs, and if the quality would be decent. It was boxed professionally, and the frame is wonderful! Would recommend to anyone needing a frame, the picture I inserted was 18x24, a print from BeanLeafPress.com, and fits perfectly!
review image
0Comment43 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 21, 2011
I get my standard size cheap frames at Michael's. But I need 16 x 24 for uncropped wide angle output from my T1i. As a custom frame at Michaels, that would run $90. So these are a great deal compared to that. Buying multiples saves a lot on shipping.
I bought a 12 x 16, which has real glass. I can't imagine being in the business of shipping thin glass. Everything arrived really well packaged, and incredibly fast.
I also bought three 16 x 24s, which have the plexiglas (acetate, whatever). I will probably replace that with real glass - the plexi just has too much glare and scratches when you look at it wrong.
All and all, the build seems consistent and decent quality for the price.
Now here's my beef: One recent reviewer complained that the wood splintered when trying to attach the mounting hardware (cardinal rule: always pre-drill on thin wood or near the edge). No such issue for me. These frames are made of MDF or similar, with a thin black vinyl like material as a finish. So if the 'Product features':

Made of Wood - this one of a kind custom picture frame will enhance any piece of art you put in it!

makes you think you'll be getting a real wood frame, with some actual wood grain, you might be somewhat disappointed. I was.

Still, a great price compared to other options.

I'll post a photo or 2 when I get a chance.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment45 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2011
I was very pleased with these frames, excellent value for the price.

The backing is corrugated cardboard, the front is a thin sheet of plexiglass / plastic. I got the 18x24 size and they are very light weight, perfect for my posters.
Also, they were quite well-packaged, the plexiglass was even protected by some kind of clingy wrap so it did not get scratched at all.

Finally, the frames come with ALL required hanging hardware - picture wire and wire ties, plus a picture hanger w/ a nail. You do have to install the hanging wire by screwing in the wire ties and wrapping the included wire around them, but it is easy to do.

They're great. I'd definitely purchase again.
11 comment64 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2010
"Wood"? Cheapo MDF. "Black"? Not painted... the MDF is cover in some kind of cheap vinyl adhesive. It doesn't even cover the back of the frame. "Carefully made to the highest industry standards"? The corners match at the front, separating in the back. Back cardboard is held in by metal tings you need to bend in... the kind that break with repeated use. The shiping (8.50) is more than the frame (7.50) so not worth sending back. What a disapointment. You have been forwarned
0Comment106 of 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
I've ordered frames from this seller twice. The first time, I ordered several 13x19 frames. The second time, I ordered several more of the same frame along with a 20x30 size.

The frames look really great, far nicer than the low price would indicate. The paint on the frames, which are made of MDF, is well applied, which makes them look more expensive than they really are.

I did have to contact customer service, and they really did a great job.

On the first order, despite being very well packed, one of the frames arrived with broken glass. It appears that on a fluke, the middle clips on one frame popped onto the wrong side of the glass, which snapped it down the middle. Bouncing about on the truck broke one of the halves of glass further, which also dinged up the wood of frame facing it.

However, this was where the customer service really came through. Following the instructions on their web site listed on the invoice, I sent an email to them which included shots of the damage and the condition of the packaging. The next business day, I got a reply that two replacement frames were being sent out and I received them two days later in perfect condition.

The second order arrived with no issues at all. The four 13x19 frames arrived very well packed in one box, with the 20x30 frame in its own container.

Instead of glass, the 20x30 frame had a sheet of clear plastic that came with a protective film over it to keep it from being scratched up in shipping. I suspect the use of plastic is less of a cost cutting measure than a way of reducing weight on such a large frame. A nearly 2' by 3' frame would be pretty heavy hanging on a wall with a sheet of glass in it.

Overall, between a quality looking product, good customer service and a very reasonable price, I'm very happy.

Update: I have since put the frames to use and posted some images at the top of the page to show how they look on my walls. They can be seen in the "customer images" link below the main image display on the page.
review image review image review image
on January 24, 2012
I am so happy with this purchase! I got the 16x20 with glass. It was exactly what we were looking for. The frame is very sturdy, very well put together, real wood with glass, not plexiglass. I see many frames in bargain stores for the same price or even more expensive, and they are wobbly, thin, or have mismatched corners. This frame looks like the cost is many times what it actually was. I will absolutely come back to this seller for future frame purchases. Keep in mind, it is a very simple, modern looking frame--you aren't getting anything super fancy. But the quality is there and so is the aesthetic, especially for the price. Oh, and lastly, it was packed so well, you'd think they were shipping a raw egg. Wow, the packaging was impressive. Arrived flawless.
22 comments14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2010
This frame is the best "Off the shelf" frame I've bought; easy to use, and it actually fit the print. No trimming, no gaps. The shipping was extremely fast; the packaging was exemplary. All in all, besides being a very attractive black metal frame, this one feels like it has a "back-bone" and was very easy to use. Hardware was included. An excellent product experience from my perspective.
11 comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse