5.0 out of 5 stars This phone is everything I had hoped it would be.
Given the meager description and reviews I thought I would point out the features of this phone that I wanted and liked.

* 2 line phone that can run on one line IF you want.
* Can use 2 separate phone wires or one wire with 2 lines.
* With 2 lines it sounds fine. If you hear any noise with 2 lines it is your wiring.
* You can set which line is...
Published 16 months ago by BSD

1.0 out of 5 stars Speaker may be great but mic is junk
Published on September 10, 2012 by J. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars This phone is everything I had hoped it would be., May 21, 2013
This review is from: AT&T 17929 na 1-Handset 2-Line Landline Telephone (Office Product)

* 2 line phone that can run on one line IF you want.
* Can use 2 separate phone wires or one wire with 2 lines.
* You can set which line is the primary for pick up to make calls.
* EACH line has an adjustable ringer, all the way to off.
* Big buttons are easier to use.
* VERY easy to program all features.
* Speakerphone has unbelievable clarity for the parties on either end.
* Works well with a Plantronics CS70N Wireless headset and lifter.
* Will take a wired heads set as well for when the Plantronics is exhausted.
* The display goes dim, but lights up when a call comes in.
* Amazon's price is great and with Prime I got free shipping.
* Phone arrived the next day for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars very clear speakerphone, July 10, 2012
I purchased this phone for its 2 line function to establish some conference call in my home.

For my use, I just need a decent speakerphone, and the function to combine the 2 lines. I bought Panasonic 2 line phone KX-TS3282B, which looks little better and little serious than this ATT in terms of business phones. However, the major problem of Panasonic is its speakerphone not as good as this ATT. This ATT's speakerphone is truly a winner, and I think that it is as clear as some polycomm conference station. Its speaker is somewhat powerful. I tested and called my cellphone, which was put next to a small table radio. To my surprise, the sound from the speaker of ATT phone is as clear as I listen the radio directly.

In short, its speakerphone is very good, and beyond my expectation for a phone in this price range. By the way, as the manual tells, this phone can be used as a single line basic phone when no AC power.

I bought the silver version of this phone which is sold in staples. I think that the silver looks little better. The model number is 17928.

1.0 out of 5 stars Speaker may be great but mic is junk, September 10, 2012
When I placed a call using the speakerphone and built-in mic the person I called told me I sounded like I was on a cellphone with one bar of signal. I left myself a message on my cellphone and it was almost completely unintelligible, even I spoke towards the mic from a foot away. I had my wife try it in case it was my voice, same result. Based on the glowing reviews herein I assumed I just got a bad one I had Amazon replace it. Te second one is exactly the same, the mic does not work. I don't think I'll try a third time. Sadly there don't seem to be any good alternatives. I guess it's back to the Uniden 1380BK I was trying to replace...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone., January 25, 2013
Love this phone, I only have 1 line but it has 2. No answering machine, but who needs that when everybody has voice mail. I bought it because it has a headphone jack, and I also bought the Panasonc KX-TCA60 and those work wonderfully with this phone. Great phone, recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY -- a great desk phone (and pretty cheap, too)!, March 20, 2013
This is probably the sixth or seventh (at least) in a string of speakerphones I have bought over the years, all of which either eventually crapped out or lacked features I was looking for. To paraphrase Stefon from Saturday Night Live, "This phone has it all." Well, at least it has everything I've been looking for. Most importantly, a great speakerphone (both on my end and the other party's, which is VERY rare) and a backlit LCD screen that's really bright and legible. The other features (speed dial (18 numbers), alphabetical directory (99 numbers), speaker, handset and ringer volume controls, hold, mute, conference, flash, pause, redial buttons, caller ID and voicemail indicators) have also appeared on many of my earlier phones, but this is the first phone that has ALL of them and they ALL work great. Ergo, 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - still looking for a good home office phone, November 7, 2012
RobM (White Lake, MI) - See all my reviews
Looking for a simple corded two-line phone with a speaker phone and jack for a headset. This phone met the requirements and I bought 2 phones for the home office - one for my wife's office and one for my office.

Pros:
1. Feature rich
2. Easy to set up

Cons:
1. Speaker phone - frequently drops out and I can not hear the person talking. I only use this phone in my office - there is no background noise. It works better if I but the phone on mute, apparently the mic is sensitive to the voice coming out of the speaker. Another work around has been lowering the speaker phone volume, this reduces the drop outs but they still occur.

2. Line interference. When my wife is on the second line I can hear the conversation faintly in the background. The only work around I've found for this is to unplug the second line from the bottom of the phone when I am on line one.

3. Headset. I bought a headset that is frequently purchased with this phone. It works OK but there is a background buzz/static/white noise makes it far from friendly. The headset is better than the speaker phone (as the speakers don't drop out) and I use the headset when I present over the phone.

I thought maybe one of the phone was bad and returned it. The replacement had less drops on the speaker phone but all of the other problems continued. It is now to late to return the phones - otherwise they would both go back.

If you have a recommendation for two-line home office phone let me know.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality when using 2 lines., February 15, 2013
This phone sounds great when I just used 1 line into it but when a second line was added both lines had a humming noise. I researched and found others with the same issue so I will buy a different brand and send this phone back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect phone, August 10, 2012
I was just looking to replace an older Panasonic two-line desktop phone when I ran across this model. I really like the large buttons (getting old) and the way it sits upright on the desktop. I do a lot of telephone interviewing for my work, and this is a great match with my Plantronics amp/headset. Also, my older Panny just wore out, and this AT&T phone was a great inexpensive replacement. I use it with an Ooma Telo, and it sounds great too. Highly recommended if you need a basic desktop wired phone with two lines.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good features but not the best quality, May 23, 2013
The speakerphone works well - and that is the main feature I wanted. It is also easy to program. The problem is product quality. I returned the first one of these I received. I could not retrieve voicemail messages because the voicemail system could not recognize my pass code no matter how many times I entered it. It was as though certain keys always seemed to register two strokes when you only click once. I returned that phone and got another of the same model thinking it was just one bad phone. The second phone is better - but it still occasionally does the same thing. I haven't tried any alternatives so I have no recommendations - except that I probably would not buy this one again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2 line phone! Obviously the practical choice....., December 3, 2012
Irene "Angry Birds" (Manila, Philippines) - See all my reviews
I've had this phone for a couple of weeks and I love it. My 15 yr old Panasonic 2 liner was starting to act up.. static on the line and at times choppy signal. So I started shopping and reading the reviews for a new one.

I did not want to spend a lot as I just needed a basic 2 line phone without the frills for my small home office. A Panasonic phone similar to the one I had cost 2x as much. This phone was mid-priced, had good reviews so this is the one I got and it did not disappoint.

Easy to set up.. big keys.. back lit display.. user friendly interface for programming (optional - you can choose not to use the features like speed dial).. Good speakerphone.. and you can even use a headset with it...

One small hiccup though... when switching phone lines, it places the other line on hold.. so if you are on one line.. then the 2nd line rings .. and you want to hang up on the first line because you're done.. you have to place the handset down, click on line 2 then answer... if not line 1 remains on hold and the red l.e.d stays lit up. I guess I just have to get used to doing it this way.

Other than that, I give my 2 thumbs up... I hope this unit will be as durable as my old Panasonic one.

AT&T 17929 na 1-Handset 2-Line Landline Telephone