5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ear Warmers EVER
Published on November 19, 2011 by ColtsFanIndiana

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I was quite excited about getting these due to their sleek form factor and how compact they close down to.
I live in LA so pretty much have no use for these but I had a 10 day trip planned to NY in December which is what I bought them for.
Published on January 20, 2012 by S. Babu

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 20, 2012
S. Babu (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 180s Exolite Acoustic Ear Warmer (Apparel)
I absolutely loved them when i got them, and they did the job of warming my ears up really well. And they were easy to put into my pocket.
Of the 10 days I was in NY, it was only seriously cold (less than 35 degrees) on about 4 of those days which is when i used these. The rest of the time the weather was in the 40's or early 50's. So after about 4 days of use and on day 9, after getting into the subway i take em off to close them, and it just falls apart! The ear muff bits are attached to the behind the neck portion via tiny screws (on for each side), and I believe the screws turn when you rotate the muffs to close them down to their compact form. Anyways, as I am closing it down, one side just comes off in my hand and the screw pops out and rolls away in the train....and its so tiny that I couldn't even see it as much as I tried. I liked it but the shoddy construction is a no no. Falling apart after just 4 days is ridiculous. If this had lasted a year or so I really wouldn't even complain but 4 days of use isn't asking much. Really shoddy construction. Very disappointed by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ear Warmers EVER, November 19, 2011
I've been looking around for quite awhile now trying to find the perfect pair of ear warmers I could. I've purchased the earmuffs that go over the head, but was tired of dealing with the "line" that was pressed into the top of my head when I came in from the cold. I also purchased another brand of the "behind the head" ear warmers (from a sports fan website) with my favorite football team logo on them. They were adjustable, but for whatever reason...when they were snug enough to keep the ears warm...they kept slipping off the back of my head. There was too much pressure on the BACK of the neck and not against the ears. I also purchased a pair of EARBAGS ear warmers that have NO BAND at all...they just fit over and "clipped" to the ears themselves. Those were really good at keeping the ears protected from the wind, but not good at WARMING at all. Of course...if I kept them on for TOO long...my ears would start to hurt from the continuous pressure being put on them to hold the Earbags in place. So, I tried another "behind the ear" ear warmers again. I purchased these 180s Exolite Carbon Fiber Ear Warmers. The way they are made puts more pressure on the side of the head to hold them in place, so I haven't had to worry about them slipping off the back of my head like my other pair of warmers. They actually keep my ears WARM, and are actually made of thin enough material that they allow me to wear my sunglasses over them without bending the frames away from my head too much.

The only negative thing that I could say about them at all is that they are NOT adjustable. It doesn't effect me....but, they might not fit children (depending on age) and if you are a bigger person with a "thicker" head (for lack of a better way to put it)...you might not be able to wear them comfortably. They have a little give, so it might just depend on how you want them to feel while they are on your head. Try them...you will be pleasantly surprised!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy, January 27, 2012
TCB (Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 180s Exolite Acoustic Ear Warmer (Apparel)
i have a number of 180's, use them regularly and thought this light weight model would work. I bought 2, have now broken them both during the unfolding process where i turned to unfold them and the unit broke. not worth it, go with the full size 180's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 13, 2011
I love these earmuffs. I don't even really need a hat when I have them on because they're so warm on my ears, and my hair keeps my head warm enough. I really like this model of the 180s because they take up less space in my pocket but dont sacrifice heat, and I can hear really well when wearing them. Also, having any 180's on doesn't mess up hair like a hat does, so they're great if you're like me and live in a cold area, but still walk to work, or the bars or something. I lost my pair of Exolite Acoustic 180s a couple weeks ago and immediately replaced them, because once you go with these, it's hard to go back to anything else. They're just so light and comfortable. My only issue with them is that sometimes the plastic strap that holds them together hits the back of my neck. It doesn't hurt or anything, it can just be annoying sometimes. Still, these are amazing. Totally worth the extra cheddar..

4.0 out of 5 stars works great, December 20, 2011
K. Wu (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 180s Exolite Acoustic Ear Warmer (Apparel)
I ordered this recently from amazon because it was the cheapest by far than from any other places. I've been wanting one for awhile now but the high price put me off. When I saw this at below $20 I decided to get it. This thing is great, works as advertised plus it folds very flat so there is no bulge in my jacket pocket where I have it stowed most of the time. I wanted the black one but unfortunately it wasn't in stock at the time when I ordered. I had to settle for the one which has carbon fiber graphics on it. The graphics made it kind of cheap looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For Me, June 25, 2013
I absolutely love my 180s and wouldn't know what to do without them. My ears are extremely sensitive. The slightest bit of wind gives me ear aches, and I am a walker -- rain or shine, wind or no. The two just don't work together, so I have my 180s with me no matter what. They are lightweight and very protective. A great combination. I am on my second pair. The first gave up after about 5 years of wear. Really a great product and well worth the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke in 1 month, January 20, 2014
I ignored other reviews about this product because it was cheap and fit. It literally broke with 5 uses, just like all the other reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the wind out!, January 7, 2012
This review is from: 180s Exolite Acoustic Ear Warmer (Apparel)
I admit I have only needed to use these once this year during a long walk to my car...when the wind chill was 5 deg. F. These ear warmers worked great and I can't wait to use them for the rest of the season. I wasn't sure if the material was thick enough to be effective, but at least for Southern Indiana, these have worked great so far. When folded, they are somewhat similar in size to a coaster for a table/desk, which fits conveniently in my coat pocket. They are comfortable and i could easily see myself forgetting I have them on. ONLY reason for four stars is I have not yet been able to test their durability, otherwise, five stars would be appropriate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Quality, May 2, 2014
Amazon Customer (Orland Park, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I had an old pair of these made from harder plastic and metal screws for ear piece rotation. These are now constructed with lower quality plastic and the ear piece rotation is VERY poorly constructed. They literally broke within the first two weeks of use. Garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars "THE BEST", December 12, 2013
They are about the best ear warmers ever, and I have had quite a few of them. I forget that I have them on and I am reminded by someone else that "why do you have them on indoors?". I would recomend them highly....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›