5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it
Published on May 19, 2011 by Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great- BUT it's cheap and breaks quickly!
I LOVE this necklace! It's beautiful and looks older (vintage feel), gorgeous colors, great locket! Can put pictures on both sides.

Published on March 3, 2011 by Sqrmster

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great- BUT it's cheap and breaks quickly!, March 3, 2011
Sqrmster (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1928 Jewelry Gold-Tone and Topaz Hues Faux Toggle Locket Necklace, 30" (Jewelry)

The ONLY problem is, I lifted it and it sounds so plastic and cheap and hollow it was almost embarrassing! It was frustrating for what I paid for it, I would have expected a little better quality, something more solid. But so far it's been fine.

It gets great compliments and even my boyfriend liked it. He didn't notice the cheap feel until he touched it, he was surprised too.

Update: I have now had this necklace for approx 3 months, and the locket rarely stays locked. Still love the look of this necklace, but unfortunately I must take a star away for cheapness of quality VS. price.

Update # 2: After having the necklace about 5-6 months, the locket completely stopped shutting. I didn't open/close it a lot because I never put a picture in it. I ended up using krazy glue to get it shut and omitted the possibility of ever using the locket. Once the glue wore off a few months or so later, it's basically trash now unless I glue it again. Pretty, but extremely disappointing for nearly $40. I'd never buy it again unless it was $5, that's what it's worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it, May 19, 2011
The picture is a bit different than what the necklace looks like in real life. I was under the impression that the toggle would be used to take the necklace off and on, but there is actually a clasp at the top of the chain. Also in the picture it kind of looks flat, in person the jeweled star design is popped up a bit. Over all I love the necklace and it is better than I expected. Hope this review was helpful!

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, July 12, 2012
This necklace is not worth 38$..metal is very thin and not even a protector for a picture inside...the gold is brighter than picture shown..does not look antiquish..which is what i was looking for..

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, June 12, 2014
I bought this for a gift and I didn't think it looked that great when we took it out, but our gift recipient did like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as nice a quality as pictured, December 10, 2013
I loved the idea of the locket for my mother-in-law. We are going to put pictures of our family inside and give it to her for Christmas. I was a bit disappointed with the look of the gold. It looks cheaply made. However, she will love the sentimental value and we'll give her another gift for Christmas to make up for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap item sold as if it were beautiful, October 18, 2013
This item is a tease. It looks as if it will be pretty. But, when I opened the box, my first thought was: HOW CHEAP!! That's all I could think about this item. It looks cheap and I wouldn't wear it, nor would I give it, even to someone I don't like.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., April 30, 2013
I like it. It was a gift to my buddy to hold his holy master's pictures.
Well made and worthwhile to buy it.
Thank you!

3.0 out of 5 stars 1928 toggle locket necklace, January 14, 2013
I like the chain and the lenth, but I did not like the locket itself. I a little to big., i am giving it to my mother for her birthday. Hofully see will like it.. Arive on time and no problem with amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars locket is really gorgeous worn fancy side in or out, October 13, 2012
This is the perfect long necklace for a locket. I love that the toggle is secured because I've had necklaces with toggles lost before. The craftmanship is very nice with the stones looking much more elaborate than they first appear. And the stones are beautiful. I love mine immensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Locket, October 6, 2012
This locket has a large space for a photo of your loved one. It is prettier than shown in the photo. Completely met my expectations.