Is the 1982 Internation Version (on Disc 3) Blu-Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2012 6:58:02 PM PST
GatoRat says:
Is the 1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION on Disc 3, actual remastered to Blu-Ray or is it simply an upconverted DVD?

Is the quality of the international version comparable to the quality of the theatrical release.

(This is my favorite version. I have a copy of the DVD Final Cut on DVD and am not a fan. If I could just buy this version, I would.)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:31:42 PM PST
Martin Stytz says:
Unconverted DVD

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 2:28:26 PM PDT
All of the versions available on the Blu-Ray do start from the Final Cut version, where it is cleaned up for picture and sound -- but left edited the way each version was presented at that time. You're not cheated here being presented with them dropping a straight VHS transfer or something for these versions.

Example, the International and Original Theatrical Version DO NOT have the re-done scenes with Joanna Cassidy, leaving the male stunt double in place and readily apparent.

The International and Theatrical Release are those *versions* but they too have been remastered for picture and sound. Hopefully that's clear in my definition.

I have compared all the versions to their original counterparts for verification and they clearly have been remastered for the Blu-Ray release.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blade Runner (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition)
Blade Runner (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) by Harrison Ford (DVD - 2007)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (3,207)