Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > Farmer's Daughter forum

1st allison , now Crystal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2011 11:08:12 PM PST
icecube says:
unbelievable how an album as great as this one is not getting any promotion, just like allison iraheta's last year. where are the television appearances and advertisments? this is a voice that needs to be heard. yet crap like Taylor Swift, Susan Boyle, justin Bieber, and glee albums rule the charts. just sad.

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 8:56:15 AM PST
First, Crystal is way, way better than Allison. Allsion's debut was just okay with songs such as Friday I'll Be Over You sounding desparately pop; I thought Allsion's CD was disappointing and reveiwed it with only 3 stars. Scars was great but one song wasn't enough; in a second she'd need to do more to separate herself from just any pop singer. CRYSTAL ON THE OTHER HAND IS UNBELIEVABLY GIFTED AND HER DEBUT CD IS GROUNDBREAKING EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE! On NYE with a little organic wine I blasted my speakers in the master bedroom, through on a couple of strobes and the music just came in loud and clear, so original, so rocking, so beautiful, so incredible! I see those adjetives used for average people all the time, but Crystal is destined to greatness and one day she will be known by Crystal alone, like Elvis Janis Madonna Cher Whitney etc etc. To get to your original point, Crystal is doing seriously well because her debut single release hasn't happened yet, not until sometime in January. By word of mouth only she is in the top ten in all 3 Amazon music categories currently. For example in 2 out 0f 3 Lee is already off the charts and 45 to Crystal's 5 in rock. You have to be patient. Like a single flame Crystal will lite up the forest fire; light up the world. I know she will be HUGE! She will spread like wildfire! I am going to write to Rolling Stone Magazine where they definitely should feature her on the cover hugging her guitar and what a great backstory; they need something besides another halfundressed GaGa cover and Crystal is the IT girl! She has been on some shows, Ellen, Chealsea Lately, Leno, Regis and Kelly but she has only just begun; there will always be detractors because powerful women do come at a price however Crystal is unstoppable and more importantly even than that she has the ultra talent to back her up!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 9:41:53 AM PST
icecube says:
even if u don't like allison's album ,u must agree she has a great voice, no? and there were about 7 better songs than "Friday" on her album but there was no promotion. believe me , i want to see crystal successful and i want her cd to sell. i wanna see true talent win out. but u gotta sell some records to be on the cover of rolling stone. and by the way. once u get past her thatrics, Gaga does have talent.

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 10:18:36 AM PST
I agree Lady GaGa does have talent, she's great and I am a fan of hers! However Crystal is even worlds better and she has sold some records; without any release of any single and wihout winning Idol she way surpassed Lee DeWyze in sales. Even now she is on the top ten for all music categories bestselling on Amazon.com and she is bestselling #7 at Barnes and Noble (Lee off the chart. Also off on all but Rock of the charts on Amazon too). What I meant by Lady GaGa half undressed and Katy Perry too etc etc..is that Rolling Stone should place Crystal on the cover hugging her guitar getting back to Rolling Stone roots and they would sell tons of copies and she would get tons of exposure. She could be on right now; it would sell tons of copies, she is becoming more famous by the split second! She is doing very well! Did you know she's 5 rock 7 pop and 10 all bestselling sales on Amazon as I speak right now. That is really great! She doesn't need to sell more records to get on Rolling Stone..she is the IT girl right now; and she had a good second week sales too..right now sales are harder for everyone in general because people download probably illegally for free. Record sales in general are at an all time low. Crystal would sell mega copies of Rolling Stone right now even before radio play..remember her first single isn't release until this month..all of her sales mainly by word of mouth! And yes, she has sold some record..way more than Lee! Lady GaGa is super talented however like Katy Perry etc who is also good they keep putting woman on the cover of Rollilng Stone in "do you want to f me poses scantilly dressed)..they are due for a beautiful inside and out real authentic looking photograph of Crystal with her guitar where you can tell it's Rolling Stone Mag. not Playboy. I am a huge fan of GaGa's, but I am saying Crystal would be killer for that cover. They did it for Adam and they should do it for Crystal. I was a fan of Allison's when she was on the show and bet my bro fifty bucks she'd win, he Adam, neither had to pay up becauase neither won! However, I still say Allsion's CD wasn't that great; in fairness I am sure there were better songs than Friday but Crystal's has amazing original after amazing original,just incredible. I listened to it NYE blasting and it blew my mind!! Also Allsion used a Dilana song and I am a HUGE fan of Dilana's, she like Crystal were burned and both should not have been runner up but should have won..Dilana Supernova and I didn't think Allison should have covered her song, she did it well but Dilana does her own song better. Just never listen to Allison's CD since I bought it except a couple times at the beginning, really thought it was okay but not real good. Didn't like Robot Love at all either. We both love Crystal; I want her to appear on Oprah and Rolling Stone Cover both GREAT EXPOSURE and GREAT FOR THE OTHERS TOO!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 10:42:41 AM PST
icecube says:
if u hear about upcoming crystal appearances on tv please let me know

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 11:33:09 AM PST
I will and please do the same for me! If interested, I reviewed Crystal's CD and Allison's CD on Amazon.com create your own review. If you didn't already, please make a five star review on Amazon.com for Crystal (you probably already did)..mine are under Pen Name Christine Stone

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 12:16:20 PM PST
I see that so far you have not done a "create your own review" for Farmer's Daughter CD. If you have time please create your own five star review for Crystal; it would really be cool if you can!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2011 3:33:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2011 3:49:14 PM PST
Lightspeed says:
I like Allison and don't want to compare the two. Obviously the labels are not in the game to help all the artist they have signed to contracts but to make a quick buck, cut-bait-and-run. Sad, so sad but when you do a search on google or whatever, you'll see millions of hits on Justin, Susan, Taylor, Jackie, Lady Gag Gag and I can go on and on. You're right, "Just Sad." Lady Gag Gag in my opinion has absolutely NO talent and I wouldn't mention her in the same sentence as Allison or Crystal. BTW the next Rolling Stones magazine that I will buy will have Bowersox' picture on the Cover. Until then I'll be, ♫Riding With The Radio♫

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 2:03:18 PM PST
Crystal was on the Tonight Show, Ellen, Regis and Kelly...Acces Hollywood, Extra, Chelsea Lately in the last month. Jive decided to hold off on Radio until January 10th to avoid fighting Christmas Music. Farmers Daughter gets released to radio on January 10th. The video is on vh1 and CMT. Chrystal is performing in Vegas today at the big electronics trade show...CMT is giving away away a crystal autographed guitar on twitter...and Crystal will ne in Nashville visiting radio stations soon.

Amazon charts #4 overall #3 hot new releases.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 9:19:59 PM PST
SHE IS A RISING STAR WIHOUT A DOUBT; THE BEST!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2011 4:41:10 PM PST
Never understood the fascination with Allison. All she does is scream, when Crystal screams it sounds good, when Allison does, it hurts my ears. Apples and oranges.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2011 7:07:33 PM PST
icecube says:
you're nuts, Allison can sing her ass off!and they are not the same type of singer. I'm comparing their situations in the music industry.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Farmer's Daughter forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 2, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Farmer's Daughter
Farmer's Daughter by Crystal Bowersox (Audio CD - 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars (294)