Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 10 Pack 2.1mm x 5.5mm Female CCTV Power Jack Adapter
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style: 10 x Female|Change
Price:$1.99+ Free shipping

on April 12, 2012
I ordered these connectors to use on a CCTV system. The screws were marked with positive and negative markings. On most low voltage devices the center pin is positive. I assumed that the positive was the center pin and hooked up the wiring that way. After completing the wiring I found that the markings were inconsistent. Some were marked with the center pin as positive and others were the other way around. It took me some time to figure out why I was getting voltage on the shield of the coax and the cameras were not working. If you buy these just keep in mind the + and - mean nothing. They worked great after figuring that out. I would buy them again but I would test them before I installed them.
on October 25, 2011
I use these to connect my QSee camera's to my QSee DVR. I spent forever troubleshooting why one camera wasn't working. Come to find out I had a bad one of these. But, I would use these all again considering it is so much easier to run CAT5 and connect these than to run the camera wiring that came with my security system. I would by them again.
on October 20, 2015
they work, and they seem to be high quality. I used them to make a power harness for my guitar effect pedals, and I gig with them so they see a lot of abuse. And I mean a lot! Since they use screws that tighten a metal "squeeze plate" to hold the wire you can't solder them (at least I didn't see an easy way), and i did have one wire come off on just one of them, not sure why, maybe the screw wasn't tight enough. Using solid wire instead of stranded like I did would probably have been a better approach, it might hold the wire in a little better. But after re-tightening all of them I haven't had another problem. I wish I'd been able to find the solder type, i think that would be better for my more demanding application, but i think for jsut about anything else they're great. And of course, if you don't solder, it's really easy to connect the wires.
on December 12, 2013
This is a great little power plug that allows you to easy hard wire into the power adapter without having to cut cables and stuff like that. It takes the guess work out of the process.... and makes for a quick and easy wiring job for your project.

This is a simple part that just makes a project easier.
on May 17, 2016
No More Portable Soldering Iron/Heat-Shrink/etc!.. Just a small screwdriver, Wire Cutter and Stripper, and yer done! Being an Electrical Engineer that owns a Mountain Top Ranch, Using a LARGE Coverage Security System, these are SO FAST AND EASY to install, I can't believe the HOURS I have wasted over the years Soldering/Heat-Shrinking Power Connectors at Security Cameras, Security Devices, etc... I ordered a LOT of these, when I ordered the "VIMVIP® 6 PAIRS (12 Pcs) Mini CCTV BNC Video Balun Transceiver Cable" Pairs (Can't say enough good about either product!). Installing, or replacing a bad connector on, a hard-wired Security Camera is now a 5 minute job! I replaced EVERY power connector on our Cameras, all over the ranch, with these! They work PERFECTLY! No more of "That odd Male/Female Connector that just doesn't work for some reason" problems! Seriously, in UNDER AN HOUR, I replaced connectors that took me Several DAYS of total time to Solder and Heat-Shrink into place over the years. IF you're worried about Water Infiltration causing corrosion problems later on, 4 words: "Portable Hot Glue Gun".
on April 12, 2013
These connectors all worked for my CCTV system, I didn't have one bad connector in the entire batch. I would recommend these items to others since I didn't have any issues. Once the screws are tightened down the connectors will not fall off.
on January 9, 2014
These things are great for about 5 seconds, then they become dangerous. if you are using solid wire this will not apply to you, but those of us using multi-strand copper should head warning. If the ends are untinned ( soldered ) your wire will eventually fray and poke out of the screw fitting. your fine strand wire now becomes a copper jumper and path of least resistance.... if your using low voltage power adapters the draw should not be enough to arc ( maybe ? ) but those pushing a few amps now have a simple but very effective ignitor some place in your attic. this could have been avoided by extending the green plastic shielding around the terminals, the only solution i have found is to tin the ends to avoid the stray strand ( I had one arc on me providing an exciting moment balancing on rafter beams... )
on January 25, 2016
I'm not going to complain too much about these... I knew what I was ordering... Cheap, Chinese parts... As expected, 1/4 of them are defective in some way... most of the defective ones suffer from a bad screw clamp where the bare wires are inserted. The rest (of the bad ones) are misshapen or the plug sticks out to far or not far enough.

Anyway, the good ones are more or less... Good... I pulled some of the defective ones apart, and well, let's just say that sometimes it's better if you don't look beneath the surface.

I purchased these for general purpose hobby 12v power connections... For anything heavy duty or something I would want to last, I would look for something much, much better, and would happily pay 10 times as much.

So at around 20 cents each, they suit this particular purpose.
on April 21, 2016
Adafruit sells a single one of EITHER male or female for $2. $6 for 10 is far more reasonable, and these are great. I like that I can just wire a male to female and then be able to easily meter any electrical connection from any common barrel jack adapter to ensure the voltage is good. My 5V adapter outputs 5.25V, my 18.5V outputs 18.9V, and I also tested a 24V adapter at 24.5V, but several 12V adapters appear to produce closer to 11.8V.

I plan to use one of these as a charging port in a speaker mod I made that powers a previously wall-socket powered 30W RMS speaker set through a 14.4V series config of NIMH batteries in place of the 12-15V from a transformer it was previously getting. I have another supplying easily disconnected power to 2m of Neopixels (which the 5V adapter is for) and plan to make them sound reactive. I can then easily switch between wall powered or portable with those as I have a DC-DC Booster and 5000mAh LiPo.
on April 17, 2016
Great low voltage project connectors. Can not think of any improvements that could be made to the textured, rubberized, wedge-shaped grips. Easy handling with gloves, kid-sized fingers, etc. Male connector fits perfectly with "LEDMO 5630 Flexible Led Strip" ribbon lights (added clip-on test leads to rechargeable battery for camping my canopy lighting). Expecting long service life with these connectors from what appears (and feels) to be higher-than-usual quality materials.
review image review image review image review image review image