4.0 out of 5 stars Power Plug Adapter
These are great!. I'm using on the ends of my Siamese cable run. It gives a nice clean custom look. I like that I can use the thicker 18 ga. wire for my cameras.

Published on September 25, 2011 by H. E. Perez

3.0 out of 5 stars Caution The Positive and Negative Markings Are Wrong
Published on April 12, 2012 by C. Boyd

3.0 out of 5 stars Caution The Positive and Negative Markings Are Wrong, April 12, 2012
C. Boyd (Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2.1mm x 5.5mm Male CCTV Power Plug Adapter 10 Pack (Personal Computers)
I ordered these connectors to use on a CCTV system. The screws were marked with positive and negative markings. On most low voltage devices the center pin is positive. I assumed that the positive was the center pin and hooked up the wiring that way. After completing the wiring I found that the markings were inconsistent. Some were marked with the center pin as positive and others were the other way around. It took me some time to figure out why I was getting voltage on the shield of the coax and the cameras were not working. If you buy these just keep in mind the + and - mean nothing. They worked great after figuring that out. I would buy them again but I would test them before I installed them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Power Plug Adapter, September 25, 2011
H. E. Perez "handyhecx" (Northern , NJ United States) - See all my reviews

One Note though, After using a new batch I noticed the polarity is reversed. Also had a couple of defective ones that would short my power supply box. Took me some time to figure it out. I would verify with a multimeter before installing. In all I'm still very pleased. All my cameras are working! Knocked one star off!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, October 29, 2011
These connectors are substantially better than using pigtails. The connection they make with the female end is adequate but, I wish it were just a tad tighter (which is possible and is the reason why I did not give the product 5 stars.)

Securing the cable ends is easy and they are truly secured in the connector. The connectors are clearly labelled for positive and negative.

I've used over a dozen of them so far and each one has worked flawlessly. Though I do not consider them perfect (4 stars instead of 5), they are worth recommending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Power Plug Adapter completes my wiring, October 31, 2011
A power adapter I purchased had an output that you plugged the wire terminal into a jack. I wanted to have the power lead off the adapter to end in bare wires so I could connect the wires to some electrical equipment I was using in a control scheme. The power plug adapter 10 pack provide me the exact arrangement I need - mainly set screws beneath which I could affix bare wires, I bought the power plug adapter from Amazon and had no problem in placing the order or receiving shipmentr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution, October 26, 2011
Perfect when you have a lot of cameras to install. I wired these into a old PC power supply with a 5 amp 12V rating. Now I have eight cameras and microphones on a single (cheap) reliable power supply. Only one plug into the outlet (no bulky adapters) and I still have room for more cameras. Best of all it looks clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy solution., October 8, 2011
Glad to find these at Amazon. Had looked at local big box store and Radio Shack and could not find what I needed. Used these adapters on two paired wires from Cat 5e to carry the power to security cameras. Plugged directly into the cameras on one end and the power source at the other end, 50 - 60 feet away. Worked like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars works good, July 10, 2014
works good

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and straightforward connections, April 15, 2014
I was using these connectors to power ASIC gridseeds from a spare 450 W PSU. You will need either a jeweler's Philips screwdriver or one that is very pointy.

Would absolutely purchase from vendor again.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are Awesome!, April 12, 2014
Had some issues with a power supplier I bought that made creating the transition rather tricky. However, these were the perfect accessory to make everything work out. Would buy from again!

5.0 out of 5 stars we keep these little buggers stocked on our trucks!, March 11, 2014
Fast economical shipping .... Great quality built product..
JJP installs High end custom fabricated CCTV systems it is critical that was supply only the best, we will order again!

2.1mm x 5.5mm Male CCTV Power Plug Adapter 10 Pack