Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2.1mm x 5.5mm Male CCTV Power Plug Adapter 10 Pack
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Style: 10 x Female|Change

on September 25, 2011
These are great!. I'm using on the ends of my Siamese cable run. It gives a nice clean custom look. I like that I can use the thicker 18 ga. wire for my cameras.

One Note though, After using a new batch I noticed the polarity is reversed. Also had a couple of defective ones that would short my power supply box. Took me some time to figure it out. I would verify with a multimeter before installing. In all I'm still very pleased. All my cameras are working! Knocked one star off!
on April 12, 2012
I ordered these connectors to use on a CCTV system. The screws were marked with positive and negative markings. On most low voltage devices the center pin is positive. I assumed that the positive was the center pin and hooked up the wiring that way. After completing the wiring I found that the markings were inconsistent. Some were marked with the center pin as positive and others were the other way around. It took me some time to figure out why I was getting voltage on the shield of the coax and the cameras were not working. If you buy these just keep in mind the + and - mean nothing. They worked great after figuring that out. I would buy them again but I would test them before I installed them.
on October 29, 2011
These connectors are substantially better than using pigtails. The connection they make with the female end is adequate but, I wish it were just a tad tighter (which is possible and is the reason why I did not give the product 5 stars.)

Securing the cable ends is easy and they are truly secured in the connector. The connectors are clearly labelled for positive and negative.

I've used over a dozen of them so far and each one has worked flawlessly. Though I do not consider them perfect (4 stars instead of 5), they are worth recommending.
on October 26, 2011
Perfect when you have a lot of cameras to install. I wired these into a old PC power supply with a 5 amp 12V rating. Now I have eight cameras and microphones on a single (cheap) reliable power supply. Only one plug into the outlet (no bulky adapters) and I still have room for more cameras. Best of all it looks clean.
on January 30, 2016
These aren't too bad for something you install and forget. The terminals are a little weak so I would not suggest them for something you regularly connect and disconnect to the wired end.he barrel end seems on par with most standard plugs you will find today. I used these for an LED lighting project and they were more than adequate for this.
on January 16, 2016
Not a ton to say about these, I used them to power an Arduino with a wall-wart power supply. I drilled a small hole through the project's case and pushed the round part of the female end through and glued it in place. Holds the plug well and I haven't had any problems at all with it
on October 8, 2011
Glad to find these at Amazon. Had looked at local big box store and Radio Shack and could not find what I needed. Used these adapters on two paired wires from Cat 5e to carry the power to security cameras. Plugged directly into the cameras on one end and the power source at the other end, 50 - 60 feet away. Worked like a charm.
on December 28, 2012
If you are installing your own video surveillance camera system, this maybe an option you need to include.

If you have the perfect application where your cameras are spaced exactly the distance as standard cabling sizes come in, then you may not need these. But most of us, in the real world, will install some cameras not at at the same distance from the DVR. Or we do not want to leave an unsightly cable knot, after all there is the necessary cable slack and then there is unsightly and unprofessional looking cable SLACK.
These adapters allow you to cut off the power ends and replace them to the exact length needed or are for use in other applications where you may not be using Siamese RG cabling, such as at the end of a large run terminated into close cameras hanging off of a video balun.
In any case, these are neat and easy to use whatever your application.
on September 13, 2013
The little adapters make providing a power supply to a remote area easy. I taped in to 12 volt supply in my van and ran the wire to the rear door to install a back up camera ( which I also bought on Amazon). The connection was a lot simpler with the adapter than soldering. I don't remember the price but I feel they are worth the money. They could not have been to expensive since am on a fixed income.
on August 31, 2013
An inexpensave alternative to pre-made, fixed length CCTV cables. These are great if you have a lot of two wire conductors laying around.
Indoor or outdoor use. Just cover the wire side with electrical tape if you use it outdoors.

See 1 answered question