5.0 out of 5 stars Squirrel Cam
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:58 Mins
Published on May 1, 2010 by Jersey Chuck

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on Your Needs.
OK...
I'm having tons of fun with this cam, but it definitely has some limitations.
Its small (though larger than represented in that photo with the penny).
This *is* the one I ordered, but I was sent a 2.4GH cam, with a built-in mic.
Can't argue with an upgrade!

Published on September 23, 2010 by TypicalGirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Squirrel Cam, May 1, 2010
Jersey Chuck (San Francisco, Ca) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:58 Mins

This video was taken with a Kodak EasyShare DX4530 5MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom aimed at my Insignia HD LCD TV that is projecting the images from the Instapark 1.2GHZ Hidden Mini Pinhole Nanny / Spy Wireless Color Video Camera with Microphone.. The "Beeping" sound is from a Driveway Patrol Sensor and Receiver Kit that I have mounted inside a feeder........... Yes I live a boring life :)

BTW, The video did lose about 10% clarity from being taken with the Kodak from the TV.

Overall a nice wireless video spy camera, but a 500' range? More like 50'-75' range.

UPDATE: 04/25/12

I had to take down the camera and feeder (along with all the Peanuts) :( because the Squirrel's UGLY "Cousins" aka the Rats started visiting!

I wish I took videos of the "Mexican Standoffs" and seldom skirmishes between them.

BTW: The Squirrels always came out the "Victor"

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 26, 2010
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
Camera is small and discrete. It works great and the picture and sound is acceptable. The downside is that the camera eats up 9V batteries when you use wirelessly and the camera and receiver cannot be too far apart or you will lose the signal. Also on the signal, there is intermittent static and distortion at certain times and if the camera and receiver are placed too far apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than worth its weight in anything you'd care to name -- FOR THE RIGHT APPLICATIONS, September 1, 2011
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
We use this as a supplement to a standard baby monitor. It allows us to see *what* the little guy is doing, without peeking in the door, which will guarantee that if he's awake he *will* see us, and that's it, even if he'd otherwise go back to sleep on his own.

Now for function. This is extremely easy to set up, and doesn't seem to have any interference from our wifi N home network. We use the wall-wart power supply, so I cannot comment on battery life. We're only transmitting about 10 feet, through the front and back walls of a closet.

The picture quality is pretty good -- not excellent, but pretty good -- *IF* the light levels are high enough, that is.

As the light level drops off, the quality of the image drops with it. We have it in a room that at night is lit only with a 40 Watt bulb, and the picture is grainy, but more than sufficient to tell what our baby is doing. We can't see if his eyes are open, for instance, but we can see if he's still, looking around, moving around, etc.

If you application is not dependent on high image quality, then you're likely to be happy. If it is, then you probably won't be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on Your Needs., September 23, 2010
TypicalGirl (Angels Camp, Ca) - See all my reviews
OK...
I'm having tons of fun with this cam, but it definitely has some limitations.
Its small (though larger than represented in that photo with the penny).
This *is* the one I ordered, but I was sent a 2.4GH cam, with a built-in mic.
Can't argue with an upgrade!

Funny - the last page of the little setup booklet has a warranty reg form, but nowhere in or on any of the packaging is there any indication where to send the thing in.

The cam has good range - about 200 feet with a clear line-of-site between the cam and receiver.
The receiver is small and lightweight, and can be mounted on a wall. The tuner pot is a little funky.

We have plenty of interference in our house - PA speakers, guitar amps, wireless routers, cell phone boosters, and even a metal roof, so its not surprising that there is some issues with reception, in the form if lines. It seemed to help if I used an RCA cable that was more heavily shielded, and definitely helped if both the cam and receiver were outdoors, away from all those crazy invisible signals in the house.

Things this cam would be good for:
Foaling/Kidding/Lambing barns.
Wildlife watching
baby/playroom monitoring
Remote security

Don't expect super high quality imaging from this. You don't want to use it to make fine art or major motion pics.

The mic is pretty darned useless - too much interference. I have given up on its audio and just use a separate mice.

Its not the best cam I have, but the wireless part is helpful to me when I'm working in my studio and want to broadcast online.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eh, it works, April 10, 2012
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
First off, the first photo (the one with the camera between the fingers) is very very misleading, in fact it's not even this product. A more accurate representation of the item is the 2nd and so on photos.

Don't bother with the batteries, 9V batteries are very very expensive and this one will burn through one in about an hour and 15 minutes. Find a way to use the wall adapter, the range and video quality seems, to me, ALOT better when using AC power. I can get about 100 feet away (cam outside, rec. inside) from the receiever using a battery before the signal pixelates and craps out. Pretty much double that when you're using the AC adapter.

It serves the purpose it was made for, a small discreet camera, it's not an HD picture but it's pretty good and works for what I need it to do, look at who is coming up the driveway and what animal strew my trash up and down the street this week. BTW, it's indoor use only, find you a nice window to aim it out.. or in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny... that's for sure!, March 9, 2010
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
I just received my camera today and was impresses with the color quality.... not so much the sound and low lit environments. Great deal for the price though. Just make sure you have a good supply of 9volt batteries on hand because the camera powers through them pretty quick, but for the overall performance that is alright with me. Good buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, July 6, 2010
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
As the cheapest wireless camera on the market, you get what you pay for. The picture will be fuzzy and greenish, you have to fiddle with the tuner a lot, a battery lasts maybe an hour, and it needs a lot of light - But with the EasyCap USB adapter and some video recording freeware you can have an instant security camera!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, but average in low light, January 13, 2010
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
Mini and tiny, you can place it anywhere you want with the 9V battery.
Average image quality in low light. Worth trying.

1.0 out of 5 stars very close to non-functional for wireless use, April 4, 2012
Will (Kailua, HI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
I purchased four of these units, a couple DVRs, a couple receivers, and the adapters to interface to my computer. While these may work OK when plugged directly into power (I have not tested this), the 9v functionality is very very limited. At a range of 2-3 feet, I had unreliable signal quality, and would frequently lose signal completely.

This product could be useful if you can keep everything plugged in constantly, and particularly if you can plug things in directly at the camera... but then, why did you go with wireless?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good small wireless Cam, October 12, 2010
This review is from: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System (Camera)
This system works as good as you might think. It does run through batteries pretty quickly, so plan to have it plugged in or buy some rechargeables. Also, I had sort of assumed the view would be a bit of a fish lens, given the size, but its not at all. Thus, it makes it a little hard for setting it to watch certain areas (front porch, wall-to-wall garage, etc).

2.4 Ghz Wireless Surveillance System