5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!
Published on February 12, 2011 by Christy R.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost impossible to remove the batteries
I bought 4 of these mice in September. Loved them at first...until it was time to change the batteries. It's an absolute pain to do it! I've only changed the batteries twice in the one I use and now the mouse is basically dead.

Do not recommend this mouse to anyone.
Published on November 28, 2011 by Roman76

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Design Leads to Early Retirement, January 13, 2013
This review is from: 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Nano Mouse (Black) (USB) (Personal Computers)
I purchased this wireless mouse several months ago and was pleased with the product until I had to change the AAA batteries. Once you have inserted them, good luck getting the bottom battery back out. The top one is easy enough to remove with a paperclip or pen cap, but the bottom one remains lodged in the device. The designers did a terrible job of making this process user friendly, and would have been wise to include a small silk ribbon to aid in the removal of the batteries. I would not recommend the purchase of this wireless mouse to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost impossible to remove the batteries, November 28, 2011

Do not recommend this mouse to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Has a glitch, February 13, 2013
I bought this mouse in the store about 1-2 years ago, and stumbled onto this page as I was looking to buy a new one. It worked great for the first year or so, then started having major glitches. Very much like other people described. The mouse I have has a plastic thing to help get the batteries out, so they must have addressed that issue. But I do have the issue of the power not lasting, despite new batteries. It frequently goes in and out now. I'm not sure if it's the mouse or the USB plugin. Prior to this, I would have said it was the best mouse, but now I would hesitate to buy it. Still waiting to hear back from the company. I will update if they write me back with a useful solution or offer to replace. Otherwise, this review stands. Keep looking!

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite frankly, this mouse is a nightmare., December 8, 2014
I had purchased Gearhead merchandise before, and was generally a fan of the products. So when it was time to get a new mouse, I specifically looked for the Gearhead brand. I wish I hadn't though, because this mouse is one of the most unreliable accessories I've ever used. I got it three days ago and I've already had to replace the batteries twice, which would have been easily avoided if there were an on/off switch. But even it had a switch it switches the track light off and on as it pleases and is just generally a frustrating piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, February 12, 2011
We have only had it for 2 weeks but so far it works great. We can use it for our desktop or our laptop. Its small, for some with large hands it might be a bit to small but I like the fact that its compact. The Nano receiver is very small so it doesn't stick out to far and get in the way like some of the larger ones we've had do. Grooved rubber grips on the side are a nice addition. It take AAA batteries. Good deal for the price.
**Update! September 2013. Still going strong. NOT showing signs of failure at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries Difficult to Replace, February 23, 2014
Would not purchase again. Batteries difficult to pull out and replace. Once replaced, new batteries got real hot and started smoking within 10 minutes - fire hazzard. Will not order from vendor again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, holds up well, and great price., December 6, 2013
I've had my Nano for well over a year, and like it very much. I got this one for my spouse, who likes it, too. Great mouse, great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery eater, then died, October 18, 2013
I bought two Gear Head mice two weeks apart. The first one(different model) just wouldn't work well and I reviewed it months ago. This one lasted 10 months, but it went through several batteries. I may have spent more money on the batteries than on this mouse. Finally, this mouse died. I'll never buy another Gear Head mouse and I warn everyone to stay away. Pay more for a better mouse which will save you money on batteries and will last longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 13 months, September 20, 2013
Have enjoyed the size and useability of this mouse for the last year, but the IR sensor has gotten a bit wonky. Now periodically, it will not respond to movements correctly and even starts to move on it's own (at first I thought my computer had been hacked).

2.0 out of 5 stars Double click, September 5, 2013
This is like the 4th one of these that I have gotten and the majority has had a problem with double clicking on the buttons. I got like 3 of these at a time because I have a work computer and 2 home computers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›