Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 2, 2015
It works well for me. The forward and backward buttons on the side are almost a necessity for mouse users. I cannot determining what the square button behind the roller is for and I cannot find out from the Gear Head instructions on line. If someone knows the purpose please post it here.
on April 9, 2016
I like this mouse very much. I was a little suspect of the dongle as it appeared kinda cheap. The cover has already fallen off exposing the circuits but it still works fine. Some background of why it fell off in my case. I work part time in an office and the rest on the road traveling between jobs sites. My laptop is thrown into a backpack, pulled out and stuck in a docking station in my work truck. I do this all day and that is the cause of the dongle cap coming off. For the price, I would order another.
on October 3, 2012
Bought two of these (yellow and blue). One for my young kid with small hands since this is one of the smaller sized mouse. And it works well for him.

I actually use the other. The USB transceiver has low profile, which makes it perfect for laptops. The mouse glides smoothly on regular office desktops. The extra buttons can be programmed. The left/right buttons have firm click to them which I like. The interesting thing is the scroll wheel also has a solid click as I roll the wheel. This also prevents the wheel from freely scroll upon light touch. At first I wasn't used to it, but now I'm not sure I can go back to "free wheelin'" mice.

Good purchase and great value for the price.
on November 2, 2012
I was looking for a wired mouse, but this one has a fairly good price and already a few good reviews, so I gave it a try. I am not disappointed. First I thought it is a bit small, but in a couple of days I got used to it, now I feel it very comfortable. I didn't have issue with the install, I like the setting options, the "macro" could be very useful. For me the tilt function was the most important, it works perfectly. The only thing I don't like that much is the two button on the left side, as I use it left handed, not easy to push those buttons. There is a whole on the bottom of the mouse where you can fit the transmitter in. Also like the on/off switch, also on the bottom. The resolution button on the top could switch the speed of the mouse, I almost never use. Very fast, I don't feel that it is not a wired mouse, but I have to admit I don't use it for gaming...
on September 1, 2015
After reading some of the ridiculous reviews on here, I decided to review this mouse for myself. A mouse that can BSOD a computer? Lulz, I think not.

Pros
1. DPI switching is rare at this price range. Sure it's 800 and 1600 but that's still better than nothing.
2. No jumps, skitters, or bounce back on the cursor. Works on most surfaces in my house, including a pillow, most hard, non glass surfaces, and my dog (tested and confirmed).
3. Looks nice. Good button placement. This is definitely a right handed mouse so if you buy this and you're left handed, that's your fault, not the mouse. Search for mice for left handed people.
4. Feels good to hold. Light enough to where there's no fatigue, heavy enough to know I'm holding something.
5. Unfortunately, no BSODs for me. I guess I'm not dumb enough to blame a mouse for my failing hardware and installing everything Facebook recommends. Anyway, the driver is lightweight and installs automatically when the nano receiver is plugged in. Standard plug n play like any other mouse, wired or not.

Cons
1. Battery life could be better. I get a couple of months out of a set of batteries. Would've liked to have seen a month or two more.
2. It's a light plastic which means dropping it on anything is going to inevitably mess it up. I would be surprised if some of these people had cats that keep knocking it off the desk onto a hard floor and that's what's causing their problems.
3. Having a few more DPI options would've been fun.

Overall,this is a sub-$20 mouse and I think it's absurd that people are comparing it to Logitech mice almost twice the price. It's like buying a $15000 car and comparing it to a $25000 car. When you spend more money, you get more (and better) things. It's a fact of life, you get what you pay for. Don't buy cheap stuff and expect it to act like expensive stuff. That's why expensive stuff is more expensive, because it's generally (but not always) of higher quality.

That said, there are some flat out lies when it comes to this product. First, it's a standard plug n play mouse. The same tech goes into almost every wireless mouse with a nano receiver. There's no way it can cause any harm to your computer whatsoever. If anyone claims to get BSODs because of a wireless mouse, they're going to have a bad time with electronics for a long long time.

Two, this isn't a durable mouse. It's not meant to be. It's plastic. Keep it away from pets, don't shove it into a backpack with a billion other things, and don't leave it on 24/7 when you're not using it. Take the nano receiver out and put it in the slot on the mouse while traveling so you don't knock it into anything.

Going cheap on a mouse and expecting it to deliver the same durability and battery life of a mouse with twice the cost is, frankly, the wrong attitude. This is a $15-$20 mouse and it acts like, is as durable as, and lasts as long as every other mouse in this price range. I would recommend to someone looking for something on the cheap or someone who wants a higher DPI without spending $30 bucks.

I would not recommend to people who have pets that bat things off of tables or people who treats their electronics like garbage. Then you'll probably get mad at something you probably did, and leave a 1 star review on Amazon. If you're one of those people, save up and go buy a more expensive mouse that can handle improperly trained animals or destructive personalities. This mouse isn't it.
on April 25, 2016
Item was exactly as described arrived quickly and am happy with item. The only other things I have to say about it are the mouse wheel is a little stiff, hopefully it loosens up and the left and right tilt click for horizontal scrolling are also a little difficult to activate without clicking the center mouse wheel button. But overall for the price I am very happy with the product.
on December 30, 2014
Very comfortable and extremely accurate. My husband bought one for himself and had purchased a different wireless mouse when we got my laptop, but I quickly came here to purchase a Gear Head like his. I use it for general computer use and he uses his for gaming.
He has had his for the better part of 3 months and it is still going strong. We haven't had to change the batteries at all so far. Overall a very nice little mouse at a great price!
on May 24, 2010
A surprising and versatile wireless mouse. It has 5 buttons that are customizible and best of all, the main OSs have the drivers built in; no software needed. BIG NOTE: if you have other mouse software installed (in my case, Logitech for the V220 mouse) remove it first. I got this for my dual-boot netbook and it got futzed when I plugged in this mouse! I had expected only generic drivers for standard 2-button operation. Since I had Ubuntu and XP installed, I did some research on the GRUB boot loader for a few days then turned it on. Happily, it booted properly so I was able to uninstall the Logitech then plugged in the Gearhead. Bingo! It operated just the way I wanted in both XP and Linux. The unit uses 2.4GHZ so the receiver is very small. There is a slot on the bottom that it drops into and is held magnetically. The mouse must be manually turned on by a switch on the bottom; no biggie. It is a very good unit for the money.
on January 25, 2012
I have another wireless mouse that runs for about six months on a set of batteries. I was assuming that that was typical of all wireless mice. Turns out that I was wrong. I have had this mouse for about a week and have already gone through two sets of batteries. I'm going to buy a different mouse rather than buy more batteries since the cost of the batteries will quickly cost more than a new mouse. This one is going in the garbage.

--- Update ---

Not sure what happened but the mouse started working again on the second set of batteries. I have updated my rating to three stars instead of one because of that.
on December 5, 2010
As a notebook mouse, it's the best I've owned. It replaced my Rocketfish Nano used on a gaming laptop. Where the Rocketfish side buttons were low profile and hard to reach for me as an adult, the Gear Head buttons are slightly larger and easy to find in time sensitive situations (combat).

It has an easy to access on/off switch, a small magnetic storage slot for the wireless USB adapter and a button on the top that toggles between movement speeds. I'll probably get a small drawstring bag just to make sure the USB adapter doesn't get lost in my laptop backpack, but it seems to be secured well by the magnet when not in use.

I looked at this mouse and the Inland version (in a local store) and the only difference I can see is the warranty and the Gear Head vs. Inland name. The Gear Head has a lifetime warranty where the Inland is 3-years. For a mobile mouse, both are more than adequate.

I purchased three of these for family members (2 Gear Heads and 1 Inland) and just had two more family members ask for them as holiday gifts.