Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 297 questions
votes
Time and Date are set using the LCD screen and button controls of this camera. Fist, make sure that Date and Time display is enabled by pressing the round red button on the top of the unit to turn recording off (do this only is currently recording). Then press the Menu button. Then press the Down button three times until "Time Stamp" is selected. Press the round red button on the top of the unit to access a submenu, then press the Down button until "Date&Time" is selected. Then press the round Red button on the top of the unit. Then press the Menu button, and then press the Down button maybe seven times until "Date Input" is highlighted. Then press the round Red button on the top of the unit to access a submenu. Press the Down button to highlight "Set", then press the round Red button at the top of the unit. You will see that "YYYY / MM / DD" is highlighted. Press the round red button once to highlight the year on the next second line. Press the UP or DOWN buttons until the correct year is set. Then press the round Red button to select the month. Use UP or DOWN buttons again until the desired month is shown, and then the round Red button. Same for day of the month. The hour will be selected. Remember to use 24-hour time for the hour! Use UP and DOWN buttons to select 1-24 for the hour, then press the round Red button to select the minute. Continue with the UP, DOWN, and round Red button for minute and second until you are back at the menu screen. Press the Menu button again, and you can verify that the correct time is shown on the bottom right corner of the LCD display! If this is helpful, then please write a short two-word "Thank You" in reply. It took me a couple of hours of researching on the internet before I could put the pieces together to understand this procedure! Your reply will let me know if anyone reads these things!
Feb 9, 2014 by Data-Rite
vote
need manual guide Nov 8, 2013
this is a manual I harvested from a much previous post. hope this helps. tim Switching Modes 1) Press ON/OFF: (on the back of the DVR this is the international O+I superposed). 2) Default mode is Video Recording; press "OK" (which is a round spot on the back of the DVR which lights up) to begin recording. Press it again to stop recording and save file. 3) Press MODE to switch successively between: Video recording (red cam icon), Audio Recording (blue A), Playback (left arrow icon), in circular fashion. 4) Press to turn OFF Function Keys ON/OFF OK- confirm mode selected Keys below screen, in left to right order: MENU - choose a menu for settings, detailed below, and also leave a menu DOWN - go down a menu, or 4/3/2/1 x digital zoom while recording UP - go up a menu, or 1/2/3/4 x digital zoom while recording MODE - mode switching video record / audio record / playback Menu Settings Video / System Settings Press ON, press OK, press MENU, press OK, then UP or Down as needed Video................Output Settings 1. Size..............640x480, 720x980, 1280x720, 1280x960 2. EV................+1/3, +0.0, -1/3, -2/3, -1.0 3. White Bal.........Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent 4. Time Stamp........Off, Date Only, Date & Time 5. Video Time........3, 4, 5, 10, 15 minutes (per file) 6. Motion Det........Off, On (when On saves 2 min files during motion) 7. Record............Off, On 8. Night Mode........Off, On After each selection press OK to confirm, and press MENU to leave one menu item for another and then again to exit Video with Audio Settings Press ON, press OK, press Mode, press MENU, press OK, then UP or Down as needed Capture.................Setup 1. Size:................12, 8, 5, 3, 2, 1.3 M, or 640x480 (0.3 M) 2. Quality..............Fine / Standard / Economy 3. Scene Mode...........Auto, Sport, Night 4. EV...................+1/3, +0.0, -1/3, -2/3, -1.0 (Exposure luminance adjustment) 5. White Bal............Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent 6. ISO..................Auto, 100, 200 7. Color................Standard, Vivid, Sepia, Monochrome 8. Saturation...........High, Normal, Low 9. Sharpness............Hard, Normal, Soft 10. Time Stamp..........Off, Date Only, Date & Time 11. Burst...............On, Off After each selection press OK to confirm, and press MENU to leave one menu item for another and then again to exit There is a "sys reset" which you reach by pressing "Menu" twice then "Down" five times. I
Nov 8, 2013 by sucker cause I bought one
vote
Turn unit on. Press MENU until you see LANGUAGE on second item. Use DOWN key to high lite LANGUAGE. Use the RECORD or RED button to select SETUP. Then simply select ENGLISH. Remember the items at the very bottom of the screen denote the functions of the two buttons on camera body. Not the screen buttons. Hope this helps.
Aug 28, 2013 by Deal Maker
vote
When you plug it in, it turns on and starts recording automaticaly. There is a button to pause recording if you want. When you unplug it, it turns off in a little while or you can just press the on/off button to turn it off manually
Feb 21, 2013 by GotVTX
vote
Yes it comes with both
Feb 26, 2014 by Brian Priest
votes
These cameras are fixed focus. I would return it and spend a little more money and get a decent quality DashCam that works like the G1W (Amazon ASIN:B00FONBG1A)Check out DashCamTalk for more information.
Apr 21, 2014 by EC
votes
You have to use the car (cigarette lighter plug) charging cable to charge and record video at the same time. Once this charging cable is connected to car (with ignition on) and camcorder, the recording started automatically by default. If you use the computer USB cable to charge by connecting to the computer, your dash board camcorder is in the thumb drive mode which only allows you to retrieve video files to your computer.
Dec 8, 2013 by Victor T.
votes
There is one battery it is a cell phone BL-5C. you can get about 45 minutes to a hour of recording with the one that comes with it. You can hard wire it to your fuse box, or your car battery make sure to use a fuse.
Jan 14, 2014 by Amazon Customer
votes
No, I wouldn`t plan on any all night recording with this camera. I get about an hour of decent quality video with a 16 Gig disk. You may be able to set it to record longer, but you wouldn`t be happy with the video quality. If you want long term recording, get a camera that can record to your computers hard drive. This inexpensive cam will not do that.
Dec 5, 2013 by Eugene A. Wright
votes
There is an Auto Rec option in the app menu. Don't get this confused with the motion activated record.
Nov 10, 2013 by Yinyoungster
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   30   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers