Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

67%
33%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$6.95

on September 16, 2013
The five-book series of 2 Kurious Kids written by Heidi Gill is a delightful collection of imaginary trips two young children, Hannah and Jacob, take to various countries. Each book in this bilingual series concentrates on a particular country and the language spoken there: Mexico, Egypt, China, France or India. We follow the two kids on their fun journey and learn, along with them, everyday words they encounter during their day-long trip.
I was drawn to Heidi's books because I have been to all of these countries except India, a place I hope to visit one day. Sharing these with my own grandchildren, I found her books sparked their interest in other languages and cultures. The colorful illustrations added to the each book's appeal. For young children, I recommend this series as an excellent introduction to other cultures.
Heidi Gill began writing this series because she was unable to find books that helped educate her children about their father's heritage in India. She decided to fill a void in the educational and children's book market by introducing children to some of the languages spoken in the world today: Chinese, Spanish, French, Hindi and Arabic.
Heidi's books give children an understanding of multi-cultural diversity and the fact that despite our differences in culture and language, the people of the world are basically the same. Her books are designed for young children ages three to eight. She plans on writing more stories about different world cultures and languages. I look forward to sharing these new books with my own grandchildren.

Reviewed by Children's Author Beryl Reichenberg
on January 28, 2016
this is the book who is primary purpose is to share the love of language. This does not contain information about India in general. The book consist of a simple lovely story of two kids going through their regular day, and everything they interact with appears as a vocabulary list in Hindi with the phonetic pronunciation.
on August 26, 2013
I love the author's concept of integrating story and learning another language. Her passion for global education clearly comes through in the book. The story follows a sister and brother as they pretend to travel to India. Each page has a collection of related words in English and Hindi, so that the readers can learn the new language in a meaningful and engaging way. The illustrations are bright and colorful. The text is easy to read for younger readers or for those who speak English as a second language. I look forward to reading the other books in the series and watching for more educational materials in the future!

Giselle