Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > A Time to Kill (1996) forum

2 Sided Disc???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2009 10:51:30 PM PST
Quazimoto says:
Does anyone know if the re-release version of this DVD is the a 2 sided disc (half the film on each side) like the previous release?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2010 1:39:11 PM PDT
M. Crowhurst says:
I'd like to know the same thing myself. I've got "A Time To Kill" and "The Pelican Brief" on DVD... but it's the older "flipper disc" release from the 90's. I'm thinking about upgrading these two films to the Blu-Ray format, but only if I know for sure that I won't have to flip the disc over in the middle of the movie. If anyone knows for sure whether or not the Blu-Ray version is a "flipper disc"... I sure would appreciate a reply!

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 11:11:14 PM PST
Blu-ray edition is single sided and from all appearances, this dvd is still a flipper disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2010 11:26:26 PM PST
M. Crowhurst says:
@BlasterBlastinAtYa: So you're saying that the Blu-ray version IS or IS NOT a "flipper disc"??

I actually called Warner Bros. a couple of weeks ago and managed to get one of their Customer Service Reps to call me back. I asked them what was up with the "flipper discs" for A Time To Kill and The Pelican Brief and she said that the reason for this was that the "master copy" of the DVD was recorded this way (but she never said why). She said the only way this will ever be corrected is IF Warner Brothers releases a 20th Anniversary Edition of both movies in the future (and she didn't know if they would be doing this or not). I thought I managed to get a single-sided copy of The Pelican Brief on Black Friday when I found what appeared to be a newer version in a "normal" DVD case. On the back of the case, it specifically says "Dual-Layer Format". I thought this meant that the DVD player could read both sides of the DVD without having to flip it over... but I was wrong... I still had to get up and flip the disc over in the middle of the movie. I guess I made a $3.99 mistake in buying this new copy of the film... I already opened it and Best Buy won't take it back.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 3:53:00 AM PDT
I have read somewhere that the Region 1 disc of this film is single sided, but I have not been given the opportunity to check this out!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 5:12:07 PM PST
Piste Legend says:
I recently bought a 2011 UK DVD release of this film. I discovered it was still a flipper so I took it back to the shop and demanded my money back which was no problem.
I don't yet own a copy of 'A Time to Kill' despite it being one of my favorite films. I refuse to line up the pockets of Warner Brothers when they are so arrogant that they cannot be bothered to release a proper DVD for the 21st century.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2014 6:37:02 PM PDT
The Pelican Brief can be bought in a 4 disc set here that has the whole movie on one side in wide screen dvd. - 4 Film Favorites: Denzel Washington (Fallen, John Q, The Pelican Brief, Training Day)

I own this . It looks good.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Time to Kill
A Time to Kill by Matthew McConaughey (DVD - 1997)
4.4 out of 5 stars (919)