Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on October 30, 2010
I was surprised with the functionalities or features of this 2-way car alarm system with remote starter. I was able to installed it successfully and was very happy with the product. It wasn't easy to install and need a lot of research since this is my first time I'm installing an alarm system to my Toyota 4Runner 1997. The price is really a great deal, I can't find as low as this one with cool functionalities. I'm planning on buying another one for my 4Runner 2008 model. If you are planning to install it by yourself you need to read the manual very careful and find more help in the internet because of the complexity. Youtube is a good resource and finding the wire color coding for your specific car in the internet will be a great help! Overall this product is awesome and I highly recommended! Not to forget the seller, the item was delivered fast and the product is in good condition. Thank you!!!
55 comments51 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2010
I have bought this item with the idea of starting my car remotely only to find out that I need a module to do so. Im not bashing the device, just saying that I thought all the things necessary would of come with it seeing that they had WITH REMOTE START on their box. It would of been helpful if they had recommendations for modules or a website with an in-dept manual about the remote feature but now I have this alarm WITH OUT remote start... and it pisses me off!

Updated
Sorry as I did not know a bypass module was needed for cars with a sensor in the key. The alarm is loaded with features and operates very well. I hope my ignorance did not steer potential buyers else where but as for this alarm; this is a winner.
44 comments59 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2014
BUY IT I HAD IT IN MYS CAR FOR BOUT A YEAR AND IT WORKS EVERY TIME> HAVE AND OLDER CAR AND IT WORKED JUST FINE HAVE IT ON MY *# CHEVY CAPRICE AND ITS AMAZING I WOULD BUY IT IF I WAS YOU
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
I would say this system is just okay.

My friend and I both purchased this set and had it installed professionally. It seems buggy. No matter how many times we go through pushing the button as per the instructions, we never seem to get the perfect results. For instance, when I remote start my car, the horn blows 3-4 times. Which I hate because I'm often remote starting my car early in the morning, and I don't like disturbing the neighbours. However, in a sense, this shouldn't deter you, because my friends' truck does not have this issue. When we told his truck to turn that setting off, it did.

Keep in mind, if you have a sensor in your key, you need a bypass module! Very important. Also, be wary when buying the bypass modules, as they don't always come with what you need.

Anyways, I digress. The biggest issue with this alarm, and the reason for my average rating, is the fob. The portion for connecting to a key ring breaks off. We have super glued ours back in, but they still eventually break off. And trust me, I am not rough with mine at all. Worse than that, the battery cover on these sucks! Eventually the battery cover will no longer hold in place. My friend has a rubber band holding his battery in! We have been trying to find some sort of fob covers that fit these, but have not had any luck yet.
on September 2, 2015
Really a great car alarm here. Have been using it since January, 2011, and love it so much I am back to pick up another one for a friend's car. The remotes look and feel cheap but what can you expect at this GREAT price. The only complaint I've ever had would be that the battery cover sometimes comes loose from moving around in my pocket. There is a latch that locks it in place but sometime it manages to unlatch itself. Other than that, zero complaints what so ever. Seriously the piece of mind that a 2-way unit gives is worth it's price in gold. I arm my car and then leave the remote next to my alarm clock every night. AMAZING confidence and relaxation from this. In my opinion I think the range is what should be expected. I've used many 1-way car alarms over the years and this one DEFINITELY has a far better range, but come on people it's not a satellite phn, it has it's limits. I have my antenna mounted high up on my driver's side B-pillar and if I know I'm parking far away then I'll position my vehicle so the driver's side is facing the building I'm in. There is a status update button you can press that will query the system, and it works in movie theaters, parking garage structures, within Target and Wal-Marts, you name it. The only time it doesn't work is when I'm more than a block away which in my opinion is a more than acceptable range. Get this unit. It is SO worth the price to save your investment and property!
on February 15, 2014
Completely under rated. Comes with remote start and a full blown 2 way alarm system to notify you. Remote start has crazy Range.
HAVE AN EXPERIENCE PROFESSIONAL INSTALL THIS.
on September 22, 2015
I was going to have someone professional install the remote start and alarm. But all the places I checked wanted minimum of $500 for installation. I wasn't prepared to spend that much so I requested permission to return the item which was graciously granted. End of story. Check installation cost in your area before ordering.
on April 8, 2013
I like this product because is one of the best car alarms system in the market right now. I will recommend this product to my relatives and friends.
on November 26, 2012
It's a great product, it gave me before the due date and is just as it was in the pictures, I recommend it to all
on January 17, 2012
I got this item as my christmas gift an I must say it is awesome. I like it alot. I feel very safe in my car.
11 comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse