2-Year Extended Warranty for Kindle I plan on ordering a new kindle for myself and giving the old one to my grand-daughter. If I understand this warranty business correctly, it seems as if this is a little misleading. Since all of these kindles will come with a one year warranty, the 49.99 is for only ohe year correct?
asked by Mom-Mom J on July 30, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
[Deleted by the author on Aug 1, 2010 8:28:45 PM PDT]

A
votes
yes, the 2 year extended warranty runs concurrently with the normal one year manufacturer's warranty so you are really just paying 49.99 for the second year that you own the kindle
Amazon Customer answered on July 30, 2010

A
votes
You get the acidental coverage benifit during the first and second year, I doubt the manufacture covers damage.
Rmill2001 answered on August 1, 2010

A
votes
Check out square trade warranty for this item. I just got a quote for a 3 year warranty for $29.99
They guarentee a a 5 day turn around for repaire or replacement or give you your pruchase price back. I have one on my PC, my Roomba, my iPods touch and recomend them to all my eBay customers (I sell iPods). There awsome...check it out

http://www.squaretrade.com
Sorry for the spelling, broke my left hand and typing with one now:)
J. Beebe answered on August 4, 2010

A
votes
If you are planning on buying the 2-Year extended warranty do you have to purchase it when you buy the kindle or can you buy it later?
K. Lampert answered on August 2, 2010

A
votes
Under "Technical Details" of the Extended Warranty: "The 2-Year Extended Warranty is available for any Kindle (6" Display, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, Latest Generation) shipped within the past 30 days. Only available to U.S. customers."
CBMeil answered on August 3, 2010

A
votes
If purchased with your Discover card they will warranty the second year, so an extended warranty is not needed. Check with your credit card company to see if others will do the same.
Mama Jean answered on August 5, 2010

A
votes
The Squaretrade $50 deductible only applies to cellphones.
Richard Orlin answered on October 6, 2010

A
vote
How do you know this? I have had Discover card for years, and was not aware of warranty on my purchases. Did you sign up for this service?
Jackie Jameson answered on August 7, 2010

A
vote
Square Trade is great and much less expensive. I've used them for several of my electronic purchases. However, if I can be covered just by using my Discover card, that is the way I'll go. See J. Barone's comments...
Jackie Jameson answered on August 7, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›