Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on December 2, 2012
2-Year Protection Plan plus Accident Protection for Kindle Fire HD 8.9", US customers onlyI just received my Kindle Fire, have not even had a chance to take it out of the box, so I have not had a chance to use this protection BUT, and it is a big but, if this is anything like the protection I had for my Kindle it will be a great relief to have this.

My Kindle needed serviced and I had it back within a week-working great. The lighted cover, the one that has the light pull out from the top? It stopped working. If I pushed on it with one hand and held the Kindle just so with the other it worked. One email and a new cover was on it's way to me. No questions, no proof, just "okay, we'll ship one out today." I did send the old one back, yet I was without a cover for less than a week.

So I bought this coverage without a second thought. I also have had to return things to Amazon and the customer service here is terrific. Add Amazon and this company and I have no fears. I RECOMMEND THIS WHOLE HEARTILY for everyone who buys a Fire. I would not buy a Fire anywhere but through Amazon just so I can get this protection. Nothing out there matches it or comes close.

This is a No Brainer!*
on January 4, 2013
Finally after almost a month, I got an e mail from Service Net telling me what is in the service contract. When I purchased the service, I was promised an e-mail with the contract details attached immediately with a hard copy to follow by US mail. I still haven't gotten a copy via US Mail as promised. I have had to send three e mails to Amazon and Service Net to get this far. This was supposed to be part of a Christmas present to my wife, with her new Kindle and I wanted to include a copy of the service agreement with the gift. This has not been a pleasant experience dealing with Service Net. I came very close to sending the Kindle back and cancelling the service contract. Hopefully we will never need to use this contract if it takes this much effort just to get a copy of the contract. I have bought many items from Amazon and their service is excellent, however, this subcontractor I feel has not done a good job and I am not the only one who has had this problem.
on December 20, 2012
excellent
they follow through with their warranty.
i have used this company many times for my many kindles.
i m very happy with this company.
monica
on May 13, 2013
When you purchase the Kindle Fire HD and also the 2 year Protection Plan, you get only 2 years protection. But the Kindle Fire already comes with 1 year, so I don't get it. I expected 3 years protection.
on June 19, 2013
Use your American Express card for this purchase and get a second year of coverage from them for free instead of buying this protection plan. I used this Am Ex service once for a Canon camera repair and Am Ex did what they promised, hassle free.2-Year Protection Plan plus Accident Protection for Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G
on December 12, 2012
The service agreement arrived very fast. I had to return it because the device I bought it for did not work out for us. There was absolutely no hassle with the return. Very polite and responsive communication. I feel that I could trust this seller completely.
on January 14, 2013
I had to use this once on my grandsons kindle, it was fast and easy, there were no questions and no delay, it was great
on April 24, 2013
I have been with this company for years now, with all my electronics, thankfully I have not had to use the plan, but just to have it makes me feel less stressed, just in case something does go wrong. My luck it, as soon as I didn't get the insurance I would walk to my car and drop it. Like I say better safe then sorry and what's another $99 when you put so much into the kindle fire HD 4G 8.9 along with the cover, the keyboard, the waterproof cover for when I'm at wet and wild. Just saying, get it, and let your nerves rest.
on February 5, 2013
Although, I had to return the product that this was bought for and I never really had to use the insurance itself, it was the first to give me my full refund and didn't deduct anything ( even though they had already went to the time and expense of sending out the warranty). The refund was quick and no hassle! Everything else, I'd bought, cost me to return it. So next time I will think twice before I add those extras. Anyway, this I don't regret and that made me feel that if I'd ever had to make a claim, it would have been handled in the same manner.
on June 7, 2013
You probably don't need this unless you're an insurance nut like I am. I buy insurance on all kinds of stuff like my house, my car, my life, my health ...... and now, My Kindle Fire because it was offered. Amazon has such a good reputation and stands behind all of their products so insurance is a bit redundant. When I did have a problem with my original Fire it got replaced without so much as a whimper. But then, I didn't do anything stupid, either. This insurance is for Stupid Stuff you'd do and one never knows when the urge to drop it in the full bath tub will completely overcome you. Or you inadvertently let the dog eat it, Or you throw it against the wall in a major hissy fit when Netflix stops streaming in the middle of a movie .... Whatever it is ... you're covered and no whimpers when you have to replace it. I love my Fire and it's a lot cheaper than having to buy a new one.