5.0 out of 5 stars Warranty great idea but search elsewhere
Got my 3 yr extended coverage warranty against drops and spills from square trade for $85. Buys me peace of mind and a lower price, for longer coverage. Reviews online indicate that the company is easy to use and prompt in service, so hopefully i'll never need it but if I do, I have a warranty
Published on July 22, 2010 by kam13

1.0 out of 5 stars Cost is too high
Published on March 5, 2010 by mdtkdchick

1.0 out of 5 stars Cost is too high, March 5, 2010
The cost for this warranty is way too high. It only covers an additional year after the manufacture warranty. I was able to get a 3 year warranty with accidental damage for 99.00 from Square Trade. I understand that Amazon wants to provide their customers with protection but they should think about partnering with another company. The Kindle is a great product and should have equal coverage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get a extra year's warrantee for free., July 16, 2010
This review is from: 2-Year Protection Plan for Kindle DX, U.S. customers only (Electronics)
How? Buy your Kindle with your credit card (and keep the paperwork). Most credit cards offer to double the manufacturer's warrantee up to an extra year (Most Debit cards don't offer this). It's probably already included with your card. You get the same warrantee coverage as Amazon is offering, and it's free.

Check the fine print in the literature your credit card company sends you to be sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warranty great idea but search elsewhere, July 22, 2010
kam13 (NC United States) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorrry, Cost too high, July 30, 2010
drderek "drderek" (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
1) of course the warranty is only an additional one year beyond the 12 months warranty that comes with the Kindle purchase; 2)SquareTrade will provide a 3-year warranty for less than $40.00. Since, I purchased a Kindle for both my wife and myself, why would I pay an additional $218 when I can get 3-year coverage for less than $80.00? Ya know??

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 yr extended warranty, July 22, 2010
I read the warranty review and didn't believe the review. I called Kindle and asked about the 2 yr extended warranty. They said it extended the one year warranty to two years from date of purchase. I believe this to be misleading adverstiment. Knowing what I know now I would not have purchased the 2 kindle dx but would have purchased 2 Soney's. Their extended warranty should read 1 year extended warranty.

Jim

2.0 out of 5 stars Necessary Must Buy Evil, June 30, 2010
This item should be part of the warranty considering the price of the Kindle whose lesser warranty is extended by this purchase. While you can search for a similar item elsewhere on the Internet, there is the good feeling that you are dealing with Amazon.com directly with this purchase. If anything should go wrong, the item will be repaired and/or replaced - it's as simple as that (note: it probably does not cover acts of war and other more extreme events). Is Amazon.com making a bunch of money on it? You can bet on that - this kind of warranty is not sold unless there is money to be made. Is it worth it to have peace of mind especially after researching the types of things that can happen? In my case yes - it makes a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad we purchased, February 10, 2010
Bought my wife a Kindle for Christmas. She wanted the warranty "just in case." We are on vacation in Mexico and she just dropped hers on the tile floor. Broken screen. The replacement will be home before we are. Glad she bought it. Just purchased one for my DX (I was skeptical until about 20 minutes ago).

1.0 out of 5 stars You can do MUCH better for less, December 1, 2010
I got my THREE year warranty, with ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE from SquareTrade. I put the warranty to the test on the day my coverage started (I stepped on my brand new Kindle DX) and SquareTrade reimbursed me for a New Kindle DX. The coverage cost $89.

In short - you can do MUCH better for less.

1.0 out of 5 stars none, December 18, 2010
When we decided to purchase the 2 year extended warranty we assumed that the additional protection would be added AFTER manufacturer's warranty expired, which would give us 3 years warranty. The way I see it we paid for 2 years warranty and we are only getting benefit of 1 year. If I had it to do over I would have waited until the manufacturer's warranty was about to expire and THEN purchase the 2 year warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty is a great company, January 2, 2011
I have Square Trade warranties on all my electronics. They really do honor their warranties. I have had service on my camera and they gave me the price price of the camera with no questions asked.