Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 500-$600|Change
Price:$61.98+ Free shipping

on July 13, 2012
Purchased this squaretrade warranty about a week after receiving my Asus TF300 (I think that's the model number). I thought it was pretty cool that you had 30 days from the date of purchasing a tablet to buy this warranty. Initially I didn't think to order a one along with my Asus. Didn't have the tablet a good 60 days before I dropped it on the floor like an idiot, and completely shattered the screen. Called squaretrade, filed a claim, and they sent me a postage paid box in the mail to have it shipped to one of their repair centers. I also had the option to take the tablet to a repair shop of my choice, get it fixed, and they would reimburse (<--spell check?) me the funds. Once my tablet arrived at the repair center, it turned out that it was going to cost more money to have the tablet repaired than the tablet was worth, so squaretrade mailed me a check for the full price of the tablet so I could repurchase another one. You have the choice of receiving a check in the mail, funds added to your paypal account or an Amazon gift card. The whole process was frustration free and squaretrade was very professional with regards to handling my claim. Highly recommend this company. The warranty was definetly worth purchasing, and I wouldn't hesistate to use them again.
55 comments| 332 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2013
Well, my ASUS TF300 took a bad fall and was badly damaged recently. I sent it in for repair per the warranty instructions and was told it was "Approved" and would be repaired within 5 business days. Today is the 6th day, so I sent an email last night and still did not hear back. I ended up calling SquareTrade today because I logged into my account and saw they changed my product from ASUS Tablet to Samsung TV. Not quite sure how that happened. Upon calling I was informed that it could take an additional 15 days as they are waiting on parts. NOT the 5 days I was quoted when signing up for this service. So now I have to wait possibly two more weeks to get my tablet back. Their terms state that they repair or reimburse within 5 days. If they could not repair it then it should have been reimbursed.

At this rate I would have been better off not even purchasing this and spending almost a quarter of the cost of the product for a service that is not honored. You would think when reaching day 5 day guarantee mark they would have communicated something to me, but nope, they did not. Apparently SquareTrade does not communicate with their customers

This is not what I signed up for and I will not purchase from SquareTrade again, nor will I recommend their service to anyone.

Update:
So I finally received a tablet back a week and a half ago. Keep in mind I had already waited well over two weeks from the point that SquareTrade initially received my tablet for repair. I was told the reason the tablet took so long to get back to me was they were waiting on parts to repair it properly. So you can imagine my surprise when I opened the box from UPS and anxiously removed the bubble wrap to find the Tablet filthy, and even worse, scratched on both the front screen and back cover. The rear panel looked to have cake icing all over the back of it and there were minor scratches everywhere.

I then proceeded to check the serial number on my tablet and compared it to the Serial Number on my ASUS box and low and behold they were completely different. I immediately called SquareTrade and raised my concern. How did I receive a used tablet when I was specifically told they were awaiting parts to repair my tablet? They flat out lied to me and told me a manager would be in touch with two business days.

Jump forward two business days.... No call from a manager as promised. I called SquareTrade again and was told that a manager had approved to pay me out the cost of my tablet I simply needed to send it back. I sent the table back to the right away and obtained a tracking number. Upon SquareTrade again receiving my tablet, I did receive an email that they would pay me the full cost of the tablet within 2-3 business days. By the end of the third day, I had not received a credit to my email as promised. I called SquareTrade again and was told I was misinformed and it would take 3-5 days to receive my credit.

I give up! This company SUCKS!!! Do not buy this service! Read he reviews, most reviews giving 5 stars have never even had to use the service, but praise the peace of mind they have. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with and that is really saying something.

I will update my review if I ever receive my credit, but that will not change my overall impression of this awful service.

****UPDATE*****
Sorry for the late update.

I did finally receive a credit from Square Trade in the form of an Amazon gift card for the full cost of the tablet. It took almost 6 weeks and a lot of hassle to receive it, certainly not the guaranteed 5 days promised. I bumped this review up one star because of this, but still highly urge you to stay away. Horrible service overall and highly frustrating experience.
3131 comments| 350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2013
Bought this for my nexus 7 and had it for 3 months before the screen got cracked. Sent it in for repair which was fine until I received it back. The housing was bowed from the repair and the unit did not fit back together properly but it worked and I was just glad to have it back. Two days of use however and the screen started to crack when i touched it at the areas where the housing did not fit properly back together.

Called square trade and they put it back in to be fixed and the company received it and 3 days later I get a call saying they need to issue a new claim as there is a lot wrong with the tablet. So I said OK and now we are on day 8 without the tablet for this repair which makes almost three weeks with no tablet. Called today and the agent that answered said he had no idea how long it would take so here I am still waiting without my tablet and not idea when or if I will get it back. I would not buy another warranty from them. Their guarantee has too many loop holes and they use it as a sales tactic but it is far from a guarantee at all.

------------------update---------------------

I have finally received my table back in good working order and the housing set properly though a few scars on the sides from prying the screen off. I have also been given a refund on the cost of the warranty due to all the trouble. I think my faith is restored.
55 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2012
I just received my item back in the mail via UPS today. It took nearly 2 weeks to get it back, terribly slow service. Also, I contacted customer service to check on the status of my repair over a week ago, and was told that the item would be repaired and would work and look new. Well lo and behold, today the item comes back, tackily shipped in the box I sent to begin with, screen not working properly, and the back cracked and not even set properly in the housing. The charger which was sent in to be replaced due to breaking while charging; it was over heating, was not even replaced. The screen when touched is really tempermental, and there is a white dot about the size of a dime, that happens to show when ever I touch the screen. I would not recommend using Square Trade. There service and repairs are horrible, customer service is rude, and nothing was correctly done to repair my tablet. I could see not complaining if I had not paid nearly 75$ for an accidental damage warranty, but to send me a letter back stating you dont cover cosmetic damage; especially a cracked back and faulty tablet, is pretty rediculous. I can guarantee I will not suggest nor go with Square Trade again. Email me if you would like pictures of their faulty cheap work.
2727 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2015
I purchased a 3 year SquareTrade warranty with accident protection on Amazon with my Asus Transformer tablet. I had read pretty good reviews on them at the time (about 3 years ago). I've since purchase a SquareTrade warranty on several other items. I never had to use the protection, until recently, when my tablet started acting very flaky (mainly wifi issues, but a few other issues as well including flaky GPS). Let's face it, a tablet without wifi is basically a brick, with a screen. Now I'm starting to wonder if the bulk of the review here are because this protection "seems like" a good deal, or if SquareTrade's service has gone downhill, while their shady tactics have gone up. Here's my HORRIBLE experience with them...

After I started experienced issues with wifi intermittently not working (even the blue icon would show, but wouldn't get any internet connectivity for quite a while at times), I soon realized the issues weren't going away. I made absolutely sure that it had nothing to do with my wifi in the house. I have several other devices on wifi including a laptop, 2 TV's, a repeater, etc., and all of them worked fine...including the TV that was about 6 feet away from where the tablet was primarily used. On 6/16/15, I went to the SquareTrade web site, and even though I had uploaded my receipt after I purchased the warranty (since they encourage customers to do that so they don't have to worry about keeping it for later if needed), the web site said it was on file...but on another screen said I needed to upload it . Luckily, I still had it. I probably shouldn't taken this as a bad sign of the days ahead...but I still had faith.

I filed my claim, and 2 days later I received an e-mail:

"I am sorry to hear about the issue with your item, I know it is frustrating when our electronic devices do not work correctly.

It sounds like there may be a glitch in the firmware and to resolve the problem you are facing kindly follow the troubleshooting provided below:"

...then a YouTube video was linked.

I quickly found out that this was NOT "troubleshooting" for a "glitch"...the video walked you through doing a factory reset on the device, and of course losing everything on it at that point. The factory reset didn't help the problem at all, and now I couldn't even register my Gmail account since I had no working wifi connection. So I replied telling the rep what happened, and that I was a bit annoyed since his "troubleshooting" for the specific issue/fix he spoke of was nothing of the kind.

On 6/19/15, I received an e-mail asking me to ship my tablet and power supply using the shipping label provided. I shipped it in, hoping their fast repair time as advertised held true. Several days later, I received my tablet back...in the EXACT same state as I shipped it in...with the same wifi issues, and a work order in the box that said "reseated covers". What the heck is that supposed to even mean? What "covers"? At this point, I was even more annoyed with this process, so I called and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to the manager, and told her how urgent my need for this device was at the time and that I had waited several days now only to have nothing done (she claimed they didn't find the issue, so they just shipped it back). She said she could send me to a local repair shop to get it repaired, and get reimbursed for the repair costs by sending my receipts in in reply to the e-mail she was sending me. She also said that if they deemed it unrepairable, that SquareTrade would refund the ~$385 I originally paid for the device.

I waited for the e-mail, and all I got was an e-mail that said, "Your claim is approved! Next, we'll be sending you:
• The part(s) needed to get your TV up and running". TV? This is a tablet, and I've never purchased a SquareTrade warranty for a TV. The e-mail also had a claim number on it that matched nothing of mine. The rep asked me to forward her the e-mail, which I did, then put me on hold for a while. When she came back, she told me that their system was messed up ("clearly", I thought!). She sent me another e-mail with a reference number and the addresses and phone numbers of 3 local repair places (but no names of the places, as I later noticed). She said to reply to this e-mail with repair receipts, or something deeming the item unrepairable for a full refund if that was the case.

I called the first place on the list a few times over the next few days, left voicemails, but got no return calls. Over the weekend, the tablet went off (on it's own), and would no longer turn on. On Monday, I decided to just drive to the first address on the list. After driving around aimlessly for a while, I realized the place didn't even exist. It didn't help that I had no name of the place to look for on a sign, but I figured out based on the address that it didn't exist. So I called the second place on the list, and went there. When I got there, they looked at the tablet, couldn't get it to turn on, but also looked up replacement parts...and found out that the wifi, among most other parts on this tablet, was not replacement on this model. When I told them of my endless drive, they told me that place I showed them had gone out of business quite a while back...so that's why I couldn't find it. The tech at the repair place said even if the device does turn on, wifi is unreplaceable on this model, so the device is unfixable. She wrote this up on my work order, I went home, and I scanned/e-mailed the work order in reply to the e-mail from SquareTrade, as they requested.

Three days went by, and I heard nothing back from SquareTrade. All I could think was, "Is this ever going to get resolved?" So I called them again tonight, and this thing took a whole new horrible twist. Now, they're telling me that I only had a 2 year warranty, and that it expired last year. Yep, about 1 year ago. Yet for some reason, the web site allowed me to file the claim? And for some reason, everyone I've talked to so far just...didn't notice that? Yeah right lol. While I was on hold waiting for them to come back to me, I went to the web site, thinking I might see a status change...and I sure did. They had altered the dates to make it look like I had a 2 year warranty instead of a 3 year warranty (luckily I have proof/screenshots of all of this, along with my original receipts showing that I paid for a 3 year warranty, and the date that I purchased it, along with my original contract).

After that, more time being put on hold, more switching things around on their end, it seemed endless, and like they were determined to do anything possible to get out of paying this claim and making things right. I will try to update this if/when something positive happens here, but at this point, it looks very unlikely. Needless to say, I will never purchase a SquareTrade warranty again at this point, and I will be getting refunds for the few that I purchased recently (hopefully that won't be the hassle that this was), and my prior referrals will change to negative referrals.

I'm attaching screenshots of the original e-mail confirmation of this warranty showing the date purchased/sent, the last 4 of the policy #, and that it's a tablet warranty, as well as a screenshot of the warranty as it shows today, AFTER they made changes to the dates...showing the date purchased, the last 4 of the plan ID that I left visible which matches the e-mail, the coverage start date (which makes the date purchased not even make any sense).
review image review image
on July 28, 2012
What they don't tell you in the information is that the plan works like a bank account for the price of the product - example - you purchase a 500.00 item - that item goes in for service and it costs 300.00 to fix it - you now only have 200.00 left of service repair costs.

Horrible plan, horrible customer service and a complete sham.
on July 16, 2012
5 stars for SquareTrade, 0 stars for Amazon's fulfillment of the order = 3 stars.

While the warranty and SquareTrade has an excellent reputation, I won't be buying such items through Amazon again. Amazon pairs the warranty with a tablet which they say usually (no guarantee) ships in 1-2 months, charges me for the warranty now, doesn't charge for the related electronic item until it eventually ships. Amazon pushes responsibility off on SquareTrade even though they know the two items are paired together. Why would I want to pay for a warranty, (Amazon charged me now and has my money) regardless of when it is activated, on an item that Amazon can't even guarantee availability and shipment. Had to contact Squaretrade to get a refund on the warranty. Odd, the refund will come through Amazon. They will handle the money but not take responsibility for the logistics and coordination.

If you're going to buy a SquareTrade warranty on an electronic item purchased through Amazon, wait until Amazon delivers the device then buy the warranty directly from SquareTrade. The fact that Amazon can't / won't manage the pairing of two related items, defined as "Ship at the same time" then Amazon needs to fix their procurement and logistics system.

I'll give Amazon a reasonable amount of time to try and deliver the tablet. In the meantime, I'm heading to BBuy, J&R, B&H...
on July 26, 2012
I bought the SquareTrade 3 year warranty with my ASUS TF300 tablet less than two months ago.

Due to Amazon's strange packaging, my tablet arrived with marks on the screen, (the tablet box had the tablet itself raised against the top of the inner box and Amazon had packed the tablet with the bubble pockets at the bottom pushing the tablet to the top of the outbox virtually unprotected.) As the tablet worked fine and I couldn't see the screen damage when the unit was turned on I decided to keep the unit to take on the trip I had bought it for. A couple of weeks after returning however, the screen totally broke.

I contacted Amazon who were sympathetic but stated I was now outside the 30 day return period with them and advised me to contact ASUS directly, which I then did. ASUS informed me to send the unit to them but that they would likely charge me for the repairs - which would likely be over $200 - as they said my warranty didn't cover physical damage. During the exchange with ASUS I informed them that I did have a SquareTrade warranty and ASUS said I'd be better off returning my unit to SquareTrade instead.

I contacted SquareTrade and registered my claim. Two days later a box and packaging arrived from them to return my unit via UPS. I packed it and sent it via the pre-paid UPS label SquareTrade also provided me with. Two business days later, SquareTrade emailed me to inform me they had received the package. The very following day, SquareTrade emailed me again to inform me that they would be refunding me to the full value of the warranty as a repair was impossible or too expensive.

I chose the refund to be paid via an Amazon Gift Card so I can purchase a replacement product and they give an extra 5% refund via this option too. Whatever product I buy, I'll be sure to also purchase a new Squaretrade warranty if available too! I'm a very happy Squaretrade customer.

EDIT: July 30th, 2012. One the third business day since Squaretrade emailed me to say they would be reimbursing me within 2-3 business days, I received an email with an Amazon gift card code that I applied to my account straight away. Brilliant! My experience of dealing with SqaureTrade could not be better.
on February 8, 2012
This seems to be a good warranty. 3 year "stupid" insurance - against drops and spills and other issues (such as electronic malfunctions). I think. The problem is that there is very little documentation - and not readily available until AFTER you purchase the warranty. Even the "warranty" I got in the mail tells me almost nothing. And, when you follow the links to read the full warranty you get looped around. I finally found something that resembled legal-speak. It would be better if Squaretrade had clear, easy to find, warranty details.
88 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
its ok i guess but i was disapointed to find out once you make a claim the warranty is gone its only a one time use