Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 9:22:23 AM PST
DMS,MD says:
Is this available on the disc?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:02:01 AM PST
J. Razo says:
Yes sir 2 player split screen online and up to 4 offline if I'm not mistaken. Dont quote me on the second part though as Im not 100% sure.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:09:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:09:49 AM PST
J. Razo says:
found this link it says players 1-4, Im assuming that's the offline portion and network players 2-8, so yeah. http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item473960/LittleBigPlanet%E2%84%A2-Karting/

Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:37:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 8:37:25 PM PST
Ruben says:
The box in gamestop said 1 player offline. 2-8 online, i was going to see if it was worth 60 bucks.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 10:24:25 PM PST
SOME story levels are indeed ONE player...thus why the disc cover says "1 player". There are SOME story levels that will show you a little blue tag that says 1-4 players. EVERY STORY MODE LEVEL has a SECOND, IDENTICLE Vs level (versus level) where your PS3 system will allow another remote to turn on and the screen will split into 2: One player can see his kart on the top half of the screen, while the 2nd player can see his kart on the bottom half of the screen. Player 1 has control over the pod and what you play. HOWEVER, if you are playing online, MOST races INCLUDING ALL STORY Versus (Vs) levels will allow up to 8 players! =D Cool huh? Yep! I've already raced against 7 other people online in levels I've seen seen before in my life on this disc! My husband and I have also played the split screen. We have a 65" widescreen and you could see everything just fine. Creators be warned! Its NOT easy or short to create a level in Karting. If you loved creating n LBP2 you'll hate it in Karting. The story mode and Vs with your friends are fun tho. You can blow eachother up to win, or lose if you may =] So either way, up 8 people ONLINE can be in one level at the same time racing against each other OR in story mode 50%+ levels allow it to be split screen. From my memory alone I would say over 75% of the STORY mode levels allow 2 players. If you play this with a friend you're good =]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:50:27 PM PST
rob damiani says:
If I am in Story mode racing, do I HAVE to have the split screen? Can I turn split screen off?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 7:50:43 AM PST
No, thank goodness, you can control this. However, the split screen will appear if you have ANY, and I mean ANYTHING plugged into any of the USB ports on your PS3. Unplug your USB cables, unplug any 3rd party devices that you may have installed in a USB port, and the split screen will go away. Also, if you happen to have a Sony PS3 Media/Blu-ray Disc Remote Control, it can trigger the appearance of the split screen. If this happens, 'deactivate the controller' using the PS3 menu. Basically, the developers seem to have misunderstood the PS3 system, and set the 2 player mode to appear if more than one USB port is populated. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
LittleBigPlanet Karting - Playstation 3
LittleBigPlanet Karting - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (364)