Customer Discussions > Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker forum

2 quart yogurt maker

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2007 12:27:32 PM PST
koolkoor says:
i am wondering if there r any 2 quart makers too...help!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2007 11:21:41 PM PDT
a friend just told me the yogourmet makes one or 2 quarts and is simple to use.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2007 11:44:01 AM PDT
D. Knight says:
There are two that I know of:
1) The Yogourmet, which is electric and heats the temperature gradually to 112 degrees F so that you can make probiotic yogurt. It takes 12 hours to make yogurt. I don't have this one, but I'm considering buying it.
2) The Yogotherm, which is non-electric. Basically it is a 2 liter (or 2 quart) plastic bucket that fits snugly inside of a styrofoan shell. It also takes about 12 hours to make yogurt. I have owned one of these for about 7 or 8 years and I like it very much. The only thing about using this one is you have to careful and watch the milk as it cools so you can catch at the right temperature. This isn't very hard, but you must be around the house for the 1-2 hours that it takes to cool.
Also, you can make less than 2 quarts if you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2007 5:37:34 PM PDT
knitaway says:
I've used one for years...just cool it down by putting your pan of yogurt in a dishpan or sink of cool water...takes about 5-7 min...I change the water twice...then pour it in the yogotherm

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2007 8:31:26 PM PDT
Yogi D says:
Thank you, D. Knight. I like what I have read about the Salton YM9 1-qt yogurt maker, but would buy a 2 or even 3 quart unit from them in a hurry. The Yogourmet costs $65 on Amazon, it would be better to buy two YM9's from Salton for $20!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2010 1:58:58 PM PDT
where do you buy this yogotherm?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 10:14:29 PM PST
T. Graydon says:
Checkout http://www.dairyconnection.com. They sell the Yogotherm and replacement pails and lids. I use their Aby-2c culture to make the most amazing yogurt. I have had very fast shipping and great service from them.

Google will turn up a couple of other places, too, but look to be more $.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 16, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2010

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker
Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker by Salton
4.5 out of 5 stars   (613)