Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2010 8:28:54 PM PST
Does anyone know if

1. Are they are gonna modify the graphics and game play like they did with Sonic 1's Game Boy advance release?

2. I heard that Sonic 2 And 3 With Knuckles are gonna be on it. Any one know if they will have to be unlocked like the "Sonic Mega collection Plus"?

I really hope the answers to both are no

Posted on Feb 18, 2010 8:56:43 AM PST
Azazel says:
I'm not sure about the first one, but according to the product description from Amazon, the lock on feature from Sonic and Knuckles will be included for Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. I don't know if it will have to be unlocked or not, but probably not.

Posted on Feb 18, 2010 11:47:15 AM PST
Thanks.
I have sonic Mega Collection Plus on PC and in order to play sonic 2 with knuckles and sonic 3 with Knuckles, the games need to be unlocked and discovered. According to all these guides I found online, you have to play certain games a certain amount of times, which never worked. Then again, I had to go by The XBOX guide since the PC didn't have one

The selection screen on Sonic Mega Collection Plus has 6 empty game slots for future unlocked games. 2 of them being Sonic 2 & 3 with knuckles.
I'm hoping to be able to play those here without the hassle of unlocking them or modified graphics

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2010 5:17:26 PM PST
shade melle says:
i have sonic mega collection on gamecube and playing certain games a number of times unlocks other games, just like the guide says. i have 2&3 with knuckles they are easy to get. 3 with knuckles is hard as heck to beat though. ive beaten 3 several times as sonic but as knuckles i can only reach the Ice Cap zone. it's redicoulous

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2010 5:36:10 PM PST
i just hope this release, they are pre-unlocked. The PC version, I'm supposed to play several games several times also and unlocked nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 4:54:25 AM PST
shade melle says:
you know when you load a game on mega collection and it says game log recorded? well that counts as playing the game 1 time. play sonic 1 and sonic and knuckles 20 each in this manner to get sonic 3 and knuckles.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 4:16:34 PM PST
Alan W. says:
Yes, like shade melle said, simply load the game (when it says "Sega") and exit immediately. Do this a total of 20 times for each and you will be able to unlock them easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 5:37:02 PM PST
thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2014 6:48:27 PM PST
Joshua M. says:
1.The graphics looks like it came from the original game.
2. Sonic 2 and Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Knuckles do not need to be unlocked,you can automatically play them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sonic Classic Collection
Sonic Classic Collection by Sega Of America, Inc. (Nintendo DS)
4.4 out of 5 stars (232)