5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little collection of some very fine recipes
I tried out the waffles and the pancakes, and both recipes turned out beautifully. These recipes turned out beautifully even though I skipped the honey. (she uses honey as a sweetener in many of the baked items)In so doing, I produced almost carb free waffles and pancakes. I also skipped the chocolate chips in the banana pancakes.

I'm looking forward to trying...
Published on February 23, 2012 by overtakenbyanap

3.0 out of 5 stars Still undecided....
Published on June 3, 2012 by Susan S.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little collection of some very fine recipes, February 23, 2012
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)

I'm looking forward to trying more from her collection.

A lot of these seem readily adaptable to gluten free LOW CARB baking which is rare in gluten free circles and baking is a bit outside of the usual protein based paleo fare.

Love this cookbook. I think it's well worth the money, and I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still undecided...., June 3, 2012
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
Like another reviewer's experience, the bagel recipe turned out to be a complete disaster. I had to add an additional egg and half cup of milk just to be able to stir the batter--it was that dry! I have since looked at similar coconut flour recipes and they never have more than 1/3 cup of flour because coconut flour is fibrous and soaks up liquids. When you take that into account, the ratio of flour to liquid in this recipe is WAY off. Even with the additional liquids, the batter was so dense and heavy, the bagels were like lead. Since the measurements were not even close, I have no incentive to try any other recipe in this book.

update 6/7/12
The author contacted me and advised that the measurement for the coconut flour is 1 cup after sifting. Since the measurement I used was 1 cup before sifting, which likely caused the problems I experienced, I am going to add a couple of stars to my rating until I get a chance to try the recipe again (at which time I'll add another update).

Update 8/26/12
I finally had a chance to try the bagels again. Although they were not as dense as the ones from my first try, I still don't like the texture and probably won't make them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!!!, February 19, 2013
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book! I have all my family using these recipes. They only used Whole wheat flour and this really opened their eyes to the options available. Recipes are really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes!, March 7, 2013
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
A friend of mine has been sharing recipes from this book with me. We made the Broccoli and Cheese Quiche last night at her house. It turned out delicious. I finally bought the book myself after making the Quiche at her house. She regularly makes the Nutty Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Sauce for her grandson and he loves them. My favorite is the Chocolate Buttercream! :0) I use homemade butter and it is fabulous on the Yellow Cake (recipe also in book). I have a friend who has Celiacs Disease. She really enjoys it when I cook for her with recipes from this book.

Bottom line this book has tasty recipes and is worth every penny spent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy recipes., April 28, 2013
D. DeCesare ""January Dot"" (Methuen, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I bought the Kindle version of this book and it has simple, easy recipes using this alternative flour which tastes great. I like knowing I'm doing something good for my body and my family's.

3.0 out of 5 stars Skeptical about recipe accuracy, May 28, 2012
Karen Fischer (Bayfield, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I was very excited about getting this cookbook and just made my first recipe from it this morning - the cover item Everything Bagels. I knew these would be different from a classic bagel, so I wasn't expecting dense and chewy, but still very optimistic. I made the recipe exactly as written...and had to add more milk just so I could form them into the pan...the recipe says to spoon the batter into the pan! Even with the additional liquid the "bagels" turned out very dry and crumbly...so cutting them in half and toasting them wasn't even a possiblity! Has anyone else had this experience? I'm wondering if an ingredient is missing or the amounts in the recipe are somehow incorrect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decided not to buy, August 17, 2014
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
The Kindle sample was very helpful this time. Because of it, I chose not to buy this book. The recipes could taste good but I was appalled at two statements the author made in the few sample pages alone. She stated that canola oil is heart healthy, and suggested that someone concerned about cholesterol should use EggBeaters. For someone current on, and publicly promoting, the health qualities of coconut, she needs to update her knowledge in these areas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, but not much for the money..., February 21, 2013
Recipes are good basic ones, but other cookbooks offered many more (3 to 5 times as many) for the same cost. I would skip this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 23, 2014
Beverly (Waukegan, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I've tried a few of the recipes. I think there is too much coconut flour in the recipes. I had another coconut recipe book that I loved, but lost, and was looking for a replacement. That one used much smaller amounts of coconut flour the products were light and fluffy. This is not what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free Ebook, December 30, 2013
This review is from: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes (Kindle Edition)
It was free and I figured I would give it a try. The recipes look good. Have not tried any of them yet since it does not fit in with my diet, however I plan to try them in the near future.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›