Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 20-PC 1" Metal Cup Hooks
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 22, 2013
These items are misleadingly/incompletely described and pictured. They are 1" in length from end to end: tip of screw to bottom of hook. They are NOT 1" diameter hooks. Additionally the picture on the page depicts a larger looking hook than the actual product. BEWARE: you must want really small hooks to want these.
on January 18, 2013
Good God, I have bought cheap made-in-China crap before, but this takes the cake. Garbage. And I ordered two of these piles of crap! One screwed in and 3 snapped off when screwing them in (with pre-drilled holes). "Home Essentials" isn't worthy of the cow that died to make their belt.

I have never (until now) encountered a more worthless pile of junk. "Home Essentials" has lost my business FOREVER. Junk.
on March 8, 2014
Well, based on the photo I was under the impression these hooks are silver in color. Nope. They are brass. Ugly, ugly brass. However they were exactly the size I wanted. They are 1 inch in TOTAL length from end to end. Perfect for what I needed. I used them to hold necklaces on a jewelry display I made. I **DID** make a pilot hole first. I used a penny (or finishing) nail and then pulled it out with a hammer. I HIGHLY recommend this step. I did break one of the hooks, even with the pilot hole. Without the hole I'm sure many more would have broken.
on November 10, 2014
These are not cup hooks, unless your cup has a string handle. Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews, which said that these are only considered 1" if measuring the length, I assumed diameter of the hook, and seeing cup in the title... Yeah I was fooled. These are about the size diameter of my pointer finger. Luckily, they still worked for what I needed them for. I didn't have any break while screwing into the wood, and I didn't make any pilot holes.
on January 19, 2016
Buyers be aware. These are NOT 1" hooks.
Hooks are measured (at every hardware or home improvement center) from the hook loop to the base WITHOUT the screw portion.
These Hooks are 1" overall dimension which makes the loop a tiny 5/16" Ø opening. There is no way to even use a hook that small with any cup handle, it will not fit at all.
The picture is correct and proportioned for a 1" (loop to base) hook... the ones I received are totally different shape.

Had to return.
on February 28, 2013
This item is just as described. It works right out of the box. Very good construction, although over-priced nonetheless. The picture is a bit deceptive in that it makes the hooks to appear to be larger than they actually are
on December 21, 2013
I used these with a piece of plywood to make a place to hang tools. The objective was to get tools out of the tool box and into a place where I could find what I needed easily and quickly.
on March 8, 2013
I used these for a crafting project, and they were great. Way cheaper in price than getting them from other places, and yet high in quality.
on August 13, 2012
They are cup hooks, but they have many alternative uses. I used them to support Morning Glory vines in my screen porch. They arrived quickly and in perfect condition.
on June 16, 2014
The one inch measurement is from the tip of the screw to the high point on the hook radius That's a very small hook.