Customer Discussions > Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360 forum

$20 Pre-order Credit Clarification

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 133 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2011 4:42:40 PM PDT
Hello,

We wanted to provide some clarification regarding our $20 pre-order credit offer for Battlefield 3.

All customers who pre-order Battlefield 3 for PS3 or Xbox 360 will get $20 in Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including gift cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads.) The promotional code for the credit will be e-mailed within two (2) days after the product ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Thank you for your continued support.

-Amazon.com's Video Games team

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:46:11 PM PDT
Colleen D says:
Thank you Amazon

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:49:05 PM PDT
Allison H. says:
Thanks guys, you came through here for sure.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:49:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 4:52:19 PM PDT
Nice, just got a email from them confirming this as well.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:49:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 4:50:29 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Amazon comes thru ! You did the right thing, this was clearly the most bizzare promo of all time. Man good job guys !

I just got thru sending an email to Jeffrey ;). I think we all helped. Strength in numbers !

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:52:48 PM PDT
M3 Rocket says:
Thanx so much!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:53:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 4:58:21 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
I just sent this a few minutes earlier to supposedly Jeff's email...As well as three chats and one phone call throughout the day. Wow man we did it guys, strength in numbers. It was the right thing for Amazon to do. Plus they keep us happy and wanting to stick with Amazon whenever we can.

Our fearless leader,

We've run into a snag. There was an odd promo that ran in the dark of night that only a few even knew about, possibly just by some random selected Willy Wonka golden ticket phantom email and now has gone and past and has left much confusion.

Battlefield 3, PS3/360, Video Game Release
Release Date, October 25th, next Tuesday
It comes with a Dog Tag Promo has been on there forever < Not very enticing

Last night between 6pm-12am PST, or 9pm-3am EST some random obscure phanton email was blasted to a select few people about a $20 gift card that was attached to this game as incentive on a preorder. $20 Gift Card attached to an upcoming game is the greatest game promo you guys do! It would have been awesome. OK we've been waiting for this since we heard about this game and it came and went like a flash of lightning. I'm not even sure it was on the site, I think it was just by email. Some said they got the email today for last night promotion and that the time has already past.

I've ordered my HDTV, 3 cameras, all my Xmas shopping, and a ton of video games,all with fantastic Amazon. I gotta tell you this is not good, kinda ticks me off. Why? Because I literally check every night and click on "Deal Of The Day" "Today's Deals", and then I'll keep preorder possibility games in my wish list or shopping cart so I'll click on all those Every Day to see if anything has changed (promo's/price, etc.) Nothing. Then last night when the World Series, the Fall Classic is on, I'm watching, no tweet, no facebook post from Amazon, a ton of us missed out on this promo. So few knew about this. Why aren't we on this email list, and why would they do such a under the cover of darknesss promo?! So bizzare. Easily the oddest thing I've ever seen on Amazon.

Action: I request that our fearless leader continues the $20 Gift Card promo until next Tuesday the 25th, we would be ever so gratefull.

BTW if you want more info the Amazon video game forums on Amazon are all a buzz about this same topic, this isn't a solo act. You would make a lot of dedicated video game followers happy all at once like C3PO entering the Ewock Village for the first time. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Sean

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:54:50 PM PDT
Kamakzie says:
I ordered 3 minutes after this announcement. So I should be good right?

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:55:02 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
Question does the other offers listed come with it then too?

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:55:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 7:16:10 PM PDT
big kid says:
How will we know if this deal is terminated when its not even listed on the product page?

edit: Alright! Deal is listed now!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:57:40 PM PDT
Kylar Stern says:
Much Thanks to Amazon, Jeff, and ALL who posted in these forms!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:59:54 PM PDT
R. Morrow says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 5:06:27 PM PDT
for those that haven't pre-ordered yet, could we still get that offer?

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:11:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 7:17:14 PM PDT
big kid says:
If this had been put up earlier then I would have definitely taken advantage of it, but I already have my game paid off elsewhere and don't feel like spending more money to save money. Really wish this would have come a little sooner (and with less confusion).

But again, since Amazon "has the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time", how are people supposed to know the deal is still active if its not listed on the product page?

edit: Deal is listed now... still wish it could have landed earlier so I could take advantage of it, but better late than never. Congrats to all of you able to get it!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:12:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 5:14:19 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Hello seanintheoc,

I'm writing to follow up on our recent chat conversation regarding the Battlefield 3 video game.

We have checked your issue with your Marketing and Promotions team and I'm glad to inform that we will be honoring the $20 promotional credit for all orders placed before October 24. I hope this resolves your concerns.

The promotional credit will be automatically added to your account within 2 days after your order ships. Please note that this credit is eligible only for the Xbox and PS3 versions.

I'm sorry, I wasn't able to help you right away in this.

We hope to see you again soon.

***Man great job guys, we really worked together as a team today when we felt we were wronged. It worked. Strength in numbers. This is a banner day in the VGF, tonight we celebrate and blow the $20 we just saved. :).

***Note as the Amazon CSR did, this is just for 360/PS3.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:14:16 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:15:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 5:40:20 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Chris he's wrong, he doesn;t know yet, just look to your right in the AMAZON generated threads about this topic.

For 360 and ps3 if you order between now and Tuesday you're good, doesn;t apply to PC version; they already have a DL promo.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:16:22 PM PDT
StevesyP says:
Wow R Morrow, too little too late, they fully clarified the issue and extended the offer to all preorders. What more do you want? People like you amaze me. This issue started this morning and was fully addressed within one (1) (uno) business day. How much faster are they supposed to resolve the issue.

If i could suggest, please take your future business else where. Amazon's prompt response to this issue and the acceptable resolution makes me more than willing to give them more of my money in the future. I will personally make up for any lost sales as a result of you taking your business elsewhere.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:17:12 PM PDT
Allison H. says:
So should I cancel and then re-preorder, because I havent got an email about anything

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:19:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 5:19:28 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
You're fine, anything before Tuesday, it's in writing , we're good.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:20:51 PM PDT
PMad says:
and that is why I game shop through Amazon. thanks Amazon for more savings.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:23:02 PM PDT
GUiriS says:
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss thank you this is why i only buy at amazon.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:24:14 PM PDT
mike says:
good job amazon

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:24:35 PM PDT
HeStAr says:
This is why amazons the best and always get my money!!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:25:44 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
just cancelled my gamestop preorder, and preordered here. thank you amazon! great as always!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  95
Total posts:  133
Initial post:  Oct 21, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360
Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (1,406)