no $20 credit like battlefield 3?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 22, 2011 4:25:22 PM PDT
Fu H. Lim says:
come on amazon!...you did it for bf3...why can't you do this to mw3?

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 5:36:54 PM PDT
Unit543 says:
I agree

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 5:54:38 PM PDT
get battlefield 3 in my opinion bf3 is the better game

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 7:52:42 PM PDT
they will probably give us one later on
i may be wrong did black ops come with a 20 dollar credit cause im pretty sure it did
i love those effects like i got MOH for 60 then BO for $40
Its now Dark Souls 60 BF3 40 then MW3 40 then i may go for Uncharted 3

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 9:01:13 PM PDT
j smith says:
black ops did come with a $20 credit. i plan on using it on my mw3 purchase since it expires at the end of november

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 9:53:49 PM PDT
kornfrk2727 says:
im sure they will do it. they just starting do it now for bf3.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 11:41:55 PM PDT
Fu H. Lim says:
yeah....bf3 is more teamwork play and mw3 is more running and gunning....so i bought both

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 11:32:12 AM PDT
They'll probably give a $20 credit, but not yet. Battlefield 3 has an earlier release date so it makes sense that they get it first. What I don't understand is why they don't offer it sooner. Offering $20 is not an easy thing that they suddenly decided yesterday just because they felt like giving, since for every customer, they're giving up $20 (although you can make a point that it'll force the customer come back to Amazon to shop later with that credit, creating more revenue.) I'm sure they had it planned a while back, and if they had announced it earlier, those who ordered it at GameStop and BestBuy might have been too tempted by the $20 credit and changed their mind. Now, many of those people won't bother to keep checking for better pre-order deals, so they'll keep their money at other stores. I'm sure Amazon has reasons, but from a customer's perspective, it doesn't make sense to offer it this late especially when this credit applies to everyone who already pre-ordered it too so it's not like they're squeezing out a few more pre-orders without having to add the bonuses to already existing pre-orders.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 6:12:37 AM PDT
Jon says:
Always been a diehard MW fan and I've never played Battlefield before. But the $20 credit on BF3 just converted me. I still might consider pre-ordering mw3 IF Amazon decides to offer a credit.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 6:36:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2011 6:37:33 AM PDT
anonymous says:
"when this credit applies to everyone who already pre-ordered it too so it's not like they're squeezing out a few more pre-orders without having to add the bonuses to already existing pre-orders."

exactly!!!!

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 1:35:41 PM PDT
AngrySanta says:
This is all my humble opinion of course, but...

LOL, the BF3 credit was huge, huge mistake. A truly Epic Fail. Someone had the bright idea of putting a pre-order credit as a limited time gold box deal! You just can't do that, they should have dropped $20 off of Gears of War 3 which had already come out, but nope, they offered BF3 with a $20 pre-order credit for a 4 hour window. About 300 complaints later from everyone who missed it, they extended the credit to EVERYONE WHO HAD PREORDERED. I have to say, kudos to Amazon for taking the hit on that one. Excellent managerial response to keep customers loyal. Even people who have no idea. Double thumbs up! Now if we can just convince them to increase the credit for MW3 I'd pre-order it in a second.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 5:57:18 PM PDT
CheeF says:
@AngrySanta Wow! I was unaware that they only offered the $20 for BF3 in a short window period. I was lucky enough to sign on a few days ago to see it on the product page ;) I believe that Amazon will offer a credit for MW3 because they were fairly late to offer it for BF3, but ya never know considering they are already offering a credit toward that headset that many could care less for.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 7:41:20 PM PDT
Rama says:
I really hope they offer the $20 credit as well. If so, I'll cancel my Newegg pre-order.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 7:10:59 AM PDT
StreetSavage says:
If they add $20 I would consider cancelling my Newegg pre-order as well. I would use it towards my pre-order of NFS: The Run here on Amazon. Right now I'll stick with my Newegg pre-order and 3 day wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 2:59:34 PM PDT
Ace says:
Black Ops did come with a $20 credit. I ordered it.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 3:01:29 PM PDT
Ace says:
Amazon didn't offer a $20 credit on BF3 until right before the release date. I bet we will see the same thing with MW3. Keep checking every day!

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 6:42:24 PM PDT
R. Rayborn says:
When Amazon offers credits later rather than sooner, it's usually to price-match or just compete with other retailers who don't announce their discounts until a week or so before the release date.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 9:37:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2011 9:43:02 AM PDT
hlee says:
amazon has lost a ton of preorders to newegg and kmart the past couple months. newegg basically offers all preorders for $48 (no credit involved). and kmart has been great with credit and promotions, basically $20+ credit for preorders. amazon has been getting most of my preorders and normal video game purchases the past couple years, but it looks like newegg/kmart has better options these days.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 9:03:52 PM PDT
Pinklaw says:
apply battlefield 3's $20 towards mw3

grats. $40 game

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 11:54:18 AM PDT
John from OC says:
There's a $10 difference on Newegg for MW3?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 1:17:28 PM PDT
StreetSavage says:
Newegg ran a 2 day special a couple weeks back for $12 off MW3 with the promo code in their newsletter. Not too long ago they did the same for UC3 but it wasn't in an email. The only reason I found out about was looking at the UC3 forum on here.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 5:17:41 PM PDT
Kenny says:
i doubt that what santa says is true. Amazon wouldn't do a gold box deal for the $20 credit, it's stated when anyone pre-orders they get the pre-order price guarantee, so no matter what everyone who already pre-ordered would have gotten it anyways. It's never a bad decision for aamzon, pulls a bunch more orders for them. Amazon has been doing credit like this for a while, I'm sure they know what they're up to.

They really should add the credit to MW3 right away though, with a weak incentive like that, they already lost so many customers. I have a preorder for Amazon and Newegg, I plan to cancel Amazon's preorder if they don't give the credit, then I'll just stick with my $51.47 Newegg pre-order (even though not release date delivery). I'm in no rush though, will just give me 3 more days to play BF3
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Oct 22, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Playstation 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Playstation 3 by Activision Inc. (PlayStation 3)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (3,275)