Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 76 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2010 1:18:56 PM PDT
T. Mallek says:
Guess it's too late for the promo. I wonder if they'll bring it back. Does Amazon have a history of doing that?

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 1:29:50 PM PDT
Mit says:
Well before they removed the Black Ops credit it use to only happen due to an error, but not sure. Now the new rule is, if a game gets credit, you put your pre-order in just incase they do remove the promotion.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 1:41:17 PM PDT
I just noticed this too, right when I was about to pre-order. I really hope they bring it back.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 2:12:20 PM PDT
Michael says:
This happens a lot on Tuesdays they probably put in the wrong release date for when to end the promotion.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 2:49:52 PM PDT
Lay Chou says:
Man, I was about to pre-order this too. Hopefully it's just a mistake by Amazon.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 3:11:17 PM PDT
Eric B. Poll says:
Couldn't be more disappointed right now. Was about to drop $80 hard earned dollars on the collectors edition but now I'll be taking my money to Best Buy. They are offering Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and a $10 credit to reward zone members who preorder.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 3:43:38 PM PDT
Arch Stanton says:
I think there was also a $10 credit that came with Vanquish, which is also now missing. I'm hoping these are both an error... unless Amazon suddenly changed their pre-order credit policy. In any case, I e-mailed them on this matter and will post an update once I hear from them.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 5:19:28 PM PDT
Adam says:
I was just going to preorder this...but now I might just wait...and I'm sure I could get the soundtrack elsewhere shortly after release...

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 5:37:15 PM PDT
Arch Stanton says:
Just an update: an Amazon customer service representative got back to me and effectively said that the promo has expired. Disappointing, to say the least...

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 8:36:05 PM PDT
2 things:
1. Why in the world wouldn't they wait until after the demo has been released to the public in order to increase sales.
2. Not that they care, but I am getting really tired of Amazon doing this to people, and they have officially lost my business.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 9:50:07 PM PDT
but for those who preorder last week still count?

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 10:40:56 PM PDT
Lay Chou says:
When the game was offering the $20 GC, I added it to the cart. Now that they removed the offer, do you think I can still get the $20 GC If i checkout now since I had the game in the cart?

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 11:27:38 PM PDT
shichi says:
It's a shame the promotion is over, but people should have taken advantage of it earlier especially considering $20 of credit was offered. What I do is preorder a game I'm interested in if there's credit that comes along with it and wait for reviews and/or a demo. If things don't look so good then I cancel the preorder and it's no sweat off my back. Regardless of what happens I do not lose money unless I buy the game. Just keep in mind preordering on Amazon costs nothing and you're free to cancel the order pretty much anytime a day or or two before the game is released.

If you preordered the game while the credit was offered then yes you will get your credit somewhere around 2 days after the game ships out. If you only added the game to your cart while the promotion was in effect, but didn't preorder it then you're out of luck.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 5:09:43 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Just a tip to everyone who did pre-order it when the promotion was offered...

After one e-mail, I got Amazon CS to lower the cost of this game in my account to $39.99. They took the $20 off of the game itself instead of giving me credit. They didn't even explain why the promotion was canceled.

I did pre-order the game while the promotion was in effect. I politely stated that the promotion was removed from the product page and that is why I pre-ordered the game, for the $20 credit. They e-mailed me back and said that they made the adjustment to my order. I checked it, and they took $20 off the cost of the game.

Amazon is great with making us happy. But you have to be respectful in the e-mails or on the phone. I've been really upset and sent some nasty e-mails and have gotten no-where. But when I am polite and simply state the facts of the issues, which have caused me displeasure, Amazon always satisfies me.

Just thought this was a good tip to those of us who have had this game pre-ordered for a while now. Don't just give up, contact them.

For those who are just taking note of this expired $20 offer, as others have said, pre-order games which have an offer as soon as you see them. You can always cancel the game later.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 7:09:42 AM PDT
Late19832001 says:
Does anybody know amazon email address so that i can ask them about do I still have the $20 cause i preordered it before they took it off??...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 7:28:41 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Go to Amazon.com. All the way at the top of the screen it will say "Your Account" and "Help". Sellect Help. Scroll down until you see "Contact Us". Click the contact us link, sign in if nessasary, then on the next page select your order in question. Go through the steps, then select to e-mail, call, or chat with Amazon Customer Service.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 10:24:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2010 10:28:09 AM PDT
JH says:
I was planning on pre-ordering this week once I made sure I'd have enough money to fork over for it. Of course, I was looking forward to the $20 credit to help out during the holidays. I see that the promotion has expired, so now I'll probably just wait for the game to go on sale later. However, Amazon, there is still time for you to put the promotion back and I'll gladly make a purchase.

The only reason why I was even looking at picking up Castlevania was because you already pulled the $20 promotion from Black Ops. So I guess you're just trying to give me a hint to start purchasing my games strictly as used. I guess that would save me the time of having to browse around for good amazon deals that you just don't seem to be making as much of recently.

You should at least list expiration dates for your promotions to help reduce disappointment.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 4:34:24 PM PDT
@ Adriel Shank & others who preordered the game during the $20 promotion:

If you preordered the game while the $20 promotion was going on you'll still get it (about 2 days after the game ships).

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 5:07:14 PM PDT
Wheelman56 says:
I had this game preordered for about a month, then last night I canceled the order so I could reorder and apply a gift card I had received. And now the $20 credit deal is now gone, to my dismay. D'oh!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 6:24:43 PM PDT
Outrage says:
That really sucks. I always make it a point to check for any changes before canceling my orders. I did this last night before I did a cancel and re-order of Enslaved.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 8:41:10 PM PDT
If you got to Kmart.com and resgister you can still get the 20$ credit there. You have to pay 2.99 for shipping but still its 20 off a future game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 8:42:35 PM PDT
Check out Kmart and you should be able to order there for the $20 future discount.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 11:58:47 PM PDT
JJ350 says:
Wow... looks like I will never buy this game, at least from amazon. No $20 back = no sale and absolutely no interest.

Heck, I was going to use that $20 towards a $100 Gran Turismo 5 pre-order. Looks like I won't be getting that through Amazon either.

They just lost $160 over this.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 2:07:47 AM PDT
People need to stop complaining. The promotion was on for months. It's you're fault for nothing biting on the deal.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 3:05:20 AM PDT
I'm a bit perplexed about this. If you can preorder a game before amazon cancels the credit and still get the credit, how come when they change a credit to a poster (like CoD: BO) you no longer receive credit, but rather th poster. Even if you preordered it during the credit period? I odn't like that. This is why I always cancel a preorder if they offer something more or better in newer preorders, even if people say that EVERYONE gets the new credit/item. I won't ever take that chance.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  42
Total posts:  76
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Playstation 3
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Playstation 3 by Konami (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (340)