Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2013 5:45:15 AM PST
skyler says:
March 5, 2013, I went to the xbox website and they're selling live
(1yr) for 20 dollars cheaper. I'd recommend going there and checking it out. Not sure how long this great deal will last. But I'm assuming they're doing this because the release of the new xbox in December.

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:05:31 PM PDT
On the Amazon website, you can get an Xbox live gold 12 month card for 39.99. The physical card, though, not the online code.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 1:32:18 PM PDT
Lisa Dandrow says:
What's the difference between the physical card and the online code? I have a 9 year old that wants to play live with several of his friends who have the xbox live. Do I purchase the card? Can it be used the same way as purchasing an online code? Are there differences to the subscriptions that I should be checking for?
Thanks, Lisa

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 11:45:59 PM PDT
iBoba Fett says:
No, just get the cheaper one, and look at how long it'll last. The twelve month card is only $40 right now, while for whatever reason, the online code is much more expensive. They're the same though.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 9:02:24 AM PDT
Deryk Draven says:
If you have time to spare, just buy the cards. In fact, I'd recommend buying them in bulk if you have the cash to spare. I can't imagine Xbox's NEXTGEN console will just forfeit accounts that already have gold subscriptions. I'm about to buy 3 of them and enter them all. 3 years of XBL for $120 ... Vs buying the online/from microsoft at $60 .. That's a year free.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 8:36:30 PM PDT
John says:
Anyone without a GOLD Subscription can sign up for 2 months for $2 and then rinse and repeat when the 2 months are up an unlimited # of times. Just make sure to TURN OFF Auto Renewal. This amounts to $12 a year for Xbox LIVE. The proper xbox.com link can be found using GOOGLE.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2013 9:10:26 PM PDT
Actually, that's not true. There's a limit to how many times you can do it, from my experience.

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 2:16:11 PM PDT
John says:
Tell that to the people who have been doing it for the past 6+ months. Obviously, if they ever end the promotion you wouldn't be able to do it, but there is no end in sight.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/300063-silver-xbox-live-members-2-months-gold-for-2/?st=0
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions