Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2010 1:06:51 AM PDT
Danny says:
nice no more shift game.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 2:19:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2010 2:20:08 PM PDT
DarkNightRJ says:
wow! I was disappointed about no free game, but $20 is way better. Also "This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders." is good news.

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 8:21:32 PM PDT
Wait so what about those of us who preordered when the Shift promo was up? Is that just void now? Cause frankly from where I am sitting I feel like I should get the money and the game.

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 11:44:56 AM PDT
DarkNightRJ says:
I think they canceled the shift promotion entirely. So probably only eligible for the $20. That is just my guess. If you want, you can contact amazon they can give you an answer.
But the promotion does say "Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time." So I'm thinking they "terminated" the shift one and replaced it with this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 1:51:23 PM PDT
@Eric M. Brandt

You should try calling Amazon Customer Support to find out for sure. The fine print of the Shift promotion said, "Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time," so they can do as they like. But I've noticed that when Amazon pulls a promotion, they still extend the promotion to the people who ordered prior to them killing it.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 12:53:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2010 12:54:39 AM PST
My Game will only be $39 because of the $20 promotional credit from my Call of Duty: Black Ops pre-order. Target will be selling NFS: Hot Pursuit for Xbox 360 and PS3 for $35 on Black Friday. I am sure they will only have a limited amount of these games in. Just copy and paste the link then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see what I am talking about.

http://www.black-friday.net/bf/target-black-friday.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 4:47:42 PM PST
DarkNightRJ says:
I'm just paying $29 cash myself. $20 from reach and $10 gift card they gave me for not being able to give preorder mp3s for dj hero 2 ($10>>the tracks)

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 1:46:11 AM PST
kikomanster says:
All EA sports games (including NFS Hot Pursuit) will be $34.99 in Bestbuy this coming Black Friday so I am pretty sure Amazon, like last year (2009), will match that pricing. So all of you wait another week and you'll save more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2010 7:44:31 AM PST
SR26 says:
yeah hopefully amazon willl lower the price on black friday to match those stores. I hate passing up $20 preorder promotion

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 9:01:33 AM PST
disilluzion says:
It will also be $35 at Target on BF and part of the B1G1 for $5 at TRU. But that means you have to physically go to the store. On Black Friday. And assume they still have some in stock. I'll just pay $40 and get it delivered to my door Tuesday.

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 10:35:09 AM PST
buffalo says:
The $20 credit just makes it even better for a game I been waiting for since it was announced, I only pay $50 for it and it will be on my doorstep on tuesday...very happy!!!.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 8:44:22 AM PST
Tiny says:
Yes...$35 plus tax and the time and gas to go to the store.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 12:02:54 PM PST
disilluzion says:
Can we use these types of credits on Xbox Live cards? Mine is due 12/1 and that was my plan.

Also, should I be concerned that my item, scheduled for release day delivery, hasn't shipped yet? It's not even to the point where it's being prepared for shipment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2010 1:44:11 PM PST
C. Barrett says:
@disilluzion

Yes, you can use the credit for Xbox Live cards. I just used a credit that I got on COD Black Ops to order a 12 month card to renew my subscription.

Also, release date delivery games don't usually start processing until the day before the game's release so Monday is when you will see your order being processed. It usually ships around 7:00 pm (which I believe is the final pick-up time for FedEx).

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 1:51:44 PM PST
kikomanster says:
You don't need to go to the store because what I said is that Amazon, just like last year, will sell most EA games (Sports) for $34.99 too. No need to go to any store, NO TAX AND NO GAS expenses needed. OK? Geez

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2010 1:55:05 PM PST
kikomanster says:
Amazon ships RDD games mostly via UPS NEXT DAY AIR SAVER so it won't ship out until Monday. I usually receive the promotional credit that same night or early morning the next day. So no need to worry. Enjoy the game

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 2:04:58 PM PST
disilluzion says:
@kikomanster

I could walk into Target or Best Buy on BF with my receipt and they would credit me the difference, so long as it's within the reutrn window. Does Amazon extend the same service?

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 2:23:33 PM PST
With the exception of TV's, Amazon does not price match. That said, customer service did price match my Xbox 360 purchase when the price dropped $30. CS rep said it had to be over $20 and they would do it. Its worth calling customer support to ask, all they can do is say no.

Amazon Price Match Policy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502#postorder

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2010 2:39:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2010 2:43:12 PM PST
disilluzion says:
Thanks for the link. All someone has to do is re-order the item when the price is $35 and return it with the $60 receipt. Although they would probably remove the promo credit from your account or if you already used it, only refund you the difference. Still, doesn't hurt to send an email on BF...

Amazon is pretty decent with customer service. I recently opened a DVD box set that I bought 2 years ago and found it was missing a disc. Amazon still issued me a refund, and didn't even want the item returned. I subsequently used those discs with the DVD2Blu program offered by Warner Bros.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 11:58:00 AM PST
T. M. Butler says:
If I were to pre-order can the $20 credit be used towards a game console? Wanting to get my son the xbox 360 for Christmas and if it would work that way I could go ahead and order the game now and then use the credit towards the system.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2010 12:04:21 PM PST
disilluzion says:
You should be able to. If that's a selling point for you and it doesn't work you can always return the game.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 12:24:55 PM PST
On Black Friday Toys R Us will be selling the 250GB Xbox 360 for $299 with a $50 gift card and Xbox 360 games buy one get the second for $5.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6006466/black_friday_2010_deals_come_early.html

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 11:56:56 AM PST
$20 promo is gone now. This really sucks...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2010 12:15:35 PM PST
casual_j says:
yup i saw it earlier today, came back to purchase and now gone.

No big deal just gonna wait for black friday and buy elsewhere.

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 12:09:33 PM PST
I got 20 and extra 15 from Assassin Creed Brotherhood YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH lol
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about