4.0 out of 5 stars Pestacator seems to work
My 3 roommates and I had been sharing our large apartment w/a rapidly growing family of mice. After the catch-and-release traps I had proved utterly ineffective I reluctantly bought this product. I'd been looking at it for weeks; had read positive reviews of it, and the hardware store employees said they hadn't had any complaints about it. Fortunately it was on sale...
Published on July 30, 2006 by JC

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me.
I was skeptical when I bought this device but decided I would give it a try. The majority of our mouse problems existed in our garage which is where I installed the device.
I don't know if this is a coincidence or what but we actually had more mice in our garage while the device was plugged in. It seemed to attract them instead of repel them. I got fed up and...
Published on February 2, 2012 by jyoung79

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Results, August 29, 2014
This review is from: Pest A Cator 2000 Electromagnetic Rodent Repeller For Larger Areas (Lawn & Patio)
This has worked well for me... squirrels in inaccessible (to humans) attic space and bats as well. Got "PLUS" for a Church bldg. with mice since the pests were in the space with the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars REPELS INSECTS AND SQUIRRELS, August 18, 2013
About ten years ago we had numerous squirrels in our attic. I ran #12 wiring around the perimeter of the attic, and then ran the wiring up and down the length of the attic each four feet. I then attached male and female plugs to each end of the #12 wire. I plugged the male end into an electrical outlet, and the female end into a Pesticator 2000. WHAMO! It worked immediately! The squirrels were gone and never returned! This product was originally promoted to repel insects, and it does that quite well. We have a few spiders, but no other insects or rodents. Important: (1) Use the Pestacator 2000, not the Pestacator 1000, and (2) Do not block the front of the Pestacator with anything, such as a chair or a box. It must have free air space in front of the unit, and (3) Do not use too many Pestacator units in one house or they will nullify each other. A Pestacator salesman at a trade show told me that a lady that had much success with two Pestacators was so pleased with them that she bought three more, for a total of five, and they quit working. I would recommend one unit per 1,000 to 1,200 square feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Died after a good 4 years of use, August 10, 2011
I live in an old apartment in a ghetto area. Had a fairly bad mice infestation that kept returning every few months. I would set out traps & poison, but once they die off, some other ones would come in after a few months. I finally decided to buy this device and followed the directions on it exactly. I plugged it into the outlet in the hallway, it's pretty much smack in the middle of my apartment. During the first few days, mice activity tremendously increased.. they were literally running everywhere, even over my bed!! However, this is normal. During this time of increased activity, you're supposed to set traps & poison around the home. After a few days, the mice activity died completely, and I have not seen a single mouse in literally 4 years! However, recently I started hearing mice inside the walls again, so it seems like the device has finally died. It served its purpose very well during its life time.

For the price of this unit and the fact that it can last for 4 years is just incredible. The only problem I had using this thing is that the mice activity increases GREATLY during the first few days. However, this is the only thing that has worked for me, so I cannot deduct a star. 5/5.

After reading some of the reviews on Amazon, I notice a lot of people are not using the device correctly. And some people even mistake this device as a common Ultrasonic sound device, which emits sound throughout the room. Keep in mind that there are different types of electronic repellers and they use different technologies. There is the common Ultrasonic sound device, which can be bought in almost any store. And then there is the Electromagnetic device, which is what this product is. When you buy an electronic repeller, make sure it uses electromagnetic technology, which alters the wiring forcefields inside your wall. It is completely normal for a mouse to run right in front of this device, since the technology works INSIDE the walls, not outside of it. There are also devices that use BOTH technologies, ultrasonic + electromagnetic. However, you MUST follow the instructions completely. That is, you MUST set poison/traps around your home during the first week of use. If you don't do this, the mice will simply run everywhere and wreak havoc inside your home. I highly recommend setting up some poison block bait stations, as those work REALLY well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually Works!, May 13, 2014
I was very skeptical about this. There were so many mixed and bad reviews. I was desperate, though, since the mice in my attic were beginning to sound like elephants. This was a last ditch effort before calling in an exterminator. Well, to my surprise, the Pest A Cator 2000 actually works!

As for the people who say that it does not work, my guess is that they may not be following the very basic instructions included with the product. Yes, you just have to plug it into a regular wall outlet. However, the instructions specifically say that it may take a week or so before you start seeing that it is working. Honestly, I noticed that it started working right away but you may need to be patient. You will also need to leave it plugged in once your pests make their exit or they may be tempted to return.

I have two small dogs and they do not seem to be bothered by the Pest A Cator at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE Pest A Cator!, March 15, 2014
I bought one for my garage that has ways mice and bugs can get in from the back door and garage door. Haven't ever seen one in the house in 3 full years. Keeping in mind that it rains hear and I have a garden in the front and back and yet no rodents inside. Also, I don't have a cat so it's the Pest A Cator doing all the work! That was the 1000 version. Then, my mom had an aweful problem. Rodent droppings everywhere and they were beginning to live in her walls of her 3 story house. I got a Pest A Cator 2000 for her and she was just exclaiming how she doesn't have a rodent problem any more. They stay out or go next door, I guess! : ) Pest A Cators get 5 stars. Always make certain it's plugged into a main socket in the house and not an extension chord, etc. Works wonderfully!

5.0 out of 5 stars I unplugged it and got a mouse., October 16, 2014
E. B. Towle (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
How do I know this works? I unplugged it and got a mouse.

Moved into my 1920s home three years ago and plugged one of these in a spare outlet, since I had one. Never touched it till I needed the outlet for a minute... and forgot the Pest A Cator. Sure enough, a couple weeks later, a great big mouse with a long tail skittered across the dining room floor. Then my housemate saw one upstairs a couple minutes later.

We killed it with a snap trap and plugged this puppy back in. No more mice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you want to get rid of mice., July 3, 2014
This thing is amazing. No sign of mice or rats after installation.

4.0 out of 5 stars I think this is working well although I have no ..., June 30, 2014
Kelly (Monticello MN USA) - See all my reviews
I think this is working well although I have no real way of measuring this. I haven't seen any mice lately in my barns, well house, workshop, and basement, but I have seen a few droppings in the horse barn (less than before). I wish I could learn more about how this works, especially in buildings without much electrical wiring in the walls and how to tell if it is no longer effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 12, 2014
I was skeptical but I have not seen evidence of mice in my kitchen this winter. Previous years I would see them skittering along the cabinets and there would be unpleasant pellets loft on the counter. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and so far (3 months) I am very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, December 24, 2009
I think this may have worked after only 2 nights. This morning I woke up and saw no sign of any mice in the garage. And it doesn't bother the dog. Sure beats trapping. I'll just leave it plugged in all the time and keep the mice from coming in.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›